Tree of Savior Forum

Thauma utility on raid

I have reading a lot thauma last days i want to ask you all about what is the utility of made W3>L2>thauma >FF2 except for blood curse synergy,i want to know if this have any other efect maybe on the atack of something?

And the other think is could Cryo 3 be with thauma? because cryo its mainly tank for his color and with thauma could be support like cryo/chrono its just and idea let me know what you think :D.

How i say i want to know more about it, is pretty new support for me.

The current situation is that:

1. Thauma’s swell arm buffs is absolute instead of percentage. Hence the effect becomes weaker as your character gets better gear. (eg. 100 more magic attack when you have 800 matt (increase by 1/8) vs when you have 2000 magic attack (increase by 1/20)). Having that said, Swell left arm gives 300 more magic attack when max + max attribute and many magic classes are currently complaining about R8 mobs having 2k magic defense, so Thauma C3 might come in handy.

2. Thauma is taken with linker/wiz3 because of wiz3’s magic missile which can murder monsters that are linked in 1-2 shots. Thauma’s Swell body skill, which is available at class 1 can double monster’s hp, exp* and loot.

The combo that often occurs is: Joint penalty -> Hangman’s knot -> Swell body -> magic missile 1-2x.

Transpose also allows you to be either high INT OR high CON depending on the situation and your stat build.

Thauma is one of those support class that gets weaker the higher level we are past Thauma c3. Most people just take 1 circle in it for swell body and transpose. Some people take circle 2 for reversi (more of a pvp/world boss competitve thing)

1 Like

i see thankyo very much , i was plaining to use it but if it get weaker on high level idk if is a good idea, thank yo so much.

It’s true that Thaumba buffs get worse in relativity, but look at it from a different point of view :

• Mobs on 290+ maps have high mdef (so much, that old meta skills may do only 1 dmg)/
  • All your party will benefit from your Thauma buffs.

Add Enchanter and you become the true buff slave :wink:

Swell Body lvl1 > FF’s decay > Monster get “unswelled” but takes “double” decay dmg.