Tree of Savior Forum

Thauma -> Thauma -> Thauma -> Rune Caster

So hey, I was thinking on a wiz support build that would be both fun and have some relevancy in a group.

This build is intended to be used solely in groups, since I’d only use it when I have friends online.

I have plans on going for 80 SPR and the rest on CON.

Thoughts?

swap WizC2 to PyroC1.

Isn’t surespell decent with runecaster though? Should I really skip that and go for Pyro?

Why not Wiz3? Quickcast really helps RC and it’s fair to assume it will help future ranks as well.

1 Like

That would take linker or one cycle of thauma or rune caster from my build in order to fit in.

If I were to get Wiz3, what do you suggest?

First of all, I can’t say from experience, only theorycrafting.

Personaly I’d take out Linker because I’m crazy.
Swell Left+Swell Right but no Swell Head would drive me CRAZY.
Also that Linker C1 is just UGLY. I HATE INCOMPLETE RANKS.
Maybe it’s OCD. Maybe.

If you are not as crazy/stupid as me, just weight the pros and cons:
Linker is almost aways useful (except bossing). C1 is aways nice to have but never really GREAT. The 15 -> 22 seconds nerf is worse than it looks.
Thau3 is basicaly +145 INT and +100 atk/matk (or +50 if not dual wielding). More duration on buffs is also convenient. 145 INT does close to nothing for most physical attackers. Two handers won’t get anything from more ranks in Swell Right.
RC I have zero experience with. The CDs are a huge turnoff for me though. If anything you will have a Meteor. Sounds good but any Ele can tell how impratical it is in normal gameplay. Ice rune is cool I guess.

I guess taking out RC is the smartest choice but I kinda dig how it closes up the build lol. You could take Necro or FF if you have a bunch of archer friends for the Decay debuff. Just spitballing stuff now.

1 Like

From a theoretical perspective, I don’t think Thaum 3 is worth it. In a full party, you get 500 bonus attack, and unless you have all casters, that bonus INT doesn’t help anyone. With Thaum 2, you get about 500 attack per party member, which is pretty great when you’re dealing with mutlipliers like Quick Cast and Meteor and spells with high hits like Lightning and Zaibas. Surespell is good, but if you only plan on using it with Runecaster, you won’t be doing much outside of buffing and autoattacking, so it’s doesn’t seem that worth it to me.

You’re a buff slave with your current build ^^

If you want to go full on buff slave do Pyro 1 instead of wiz 2. If you want to lean more on the RC side, do wiz 2.

But since youre not putting much points to int, I think its better to replace wiz 2 with Pyro 1.