Tree of Savior Forum

Thaum C1 - Skill distribution?

I’m going Thaum C1. I’m full INT and usually grind with 1 other player at most. I’m a bit iffy on where to put my stat points. Does this make sense?

Swell Left: 5
Shrink Body: 1 (just for the AOE defense reduction)
Swell Body: 5
Transpose: 4 (or should this be 5?)

1 Like

That looks fine to me if you’re looking to farm with it.

Shrink works similar to a crowd control skill because of it’s minus damage attribute. The 75 percent is applied before your character’s def or mdef, which is a flat reduction. So it reduces the damage more heavily then most people realize.

It’s never a bad thing to have points in shrink.

Swell left will kind of fall off in R8 when you start using blessed weapons but I expect we’ill eventually see a rework of Thauma some day so it scales better.

So if I had a choice of Swell Left Arm 5 / Shrink Body 4 OR Swell Left Arm 4 / Shrink Body 5, the second option would be the best then? Does the 5th level of Shrink Body do anything other than add on a second of uptime?

I’m actually leaning toward:

Swell Left: 5 <- gains more from going 4 to 5?
Shrink Body: 4 <- doesn’t gain as much from 4 to 5?
Transpose: 1 <- enough to be useful?

I have that skill allocation on my thauma and plan to use something similar for my FF+Thauma. Since your hp will go back down when you re-cast transpose, I don’t really see a point to have 100% uptime. Shrink body is a wonder to cripple hard hitting mobs. -75% of their physical and magic attack… Almost everything will hit you for 1 after you cast it on them. Swell body is mostly a farming, but since it will double the mobs’ max hp, every extra second is very welcome. On the other hand, 8 magic/physical attack… Is nothing.

I will go

Swell Left: 4
Shrink Body: 5
Transpose: 1

Alright… I’ll just do some Dots cause it’s easier to follow that way and people always complain about me being hard to read.

• You will only get one extra second for having 5 Ranks in Swell
  • But, you can buy a Tera Imp Gem +1 Swell Body or cast it under divine might to get another target.
  • You can recast swell body on targets to extend the duration. This does not heal the mob unlike popular belief. I did a vid awhile back showing this. Don’t ■■■■ with me on this. I will cut you.

So it’s kind of up to whether you want to have the extra target or extra second.

About transpose 1. It will be annoying. Probably annoying enough that you will want to punch a kitten. You could still use it for the Blood Curse combo if you’re doing Featherfoot2 in this build if you want to gib things. And it’s probably fine for PvP that way. But solo PvE probably just useful to switch to Con and sit for faster recovery and bloodcurse. Otherwise it will basically just give you crit resist if you’re not healing between transposes.

Your stat distro is what I was planning to settle on, I just didn’t know if there was something I was missing with the extra 8 patk/matk, because it seems like nothing. I don’t really see THAT much benefit to the skill honestly, as +68 patk/matk doesn’t sound that sexy to me.

So you think gaining 1 second of uptime for Shrink Body is worth giving up 8 patk/matk yeah?

I won’t give away my whole build, but lets just say it’s going to be a rainbow build that will get rekt regardless if it had to solo anywhere. I’m mostly looking to just not get rekt while I level up with my friend, which makes me hesitant to give up levels of Shrink Body or Swell Left Arm (which benefit us both) for 10-30 extra seconds of high HP that I probably won’t even be able to fully fill. This is first and foremost a farming build.

My thought is this. If you got a skill reset potion from an event or TP you want to burn you could level with Swell Left and dump it when you’re near cap and rocking a Transcend 4 Lv315 weapon. And then get transpose 5. And not use transpose right now.

And remember even if you’re doing a terrible rainbow build you got Agni coming… So if you at least have Pyro you can still do ok. If you’re on a crazy Cyr/Pyr/Kino or something strange.

Great idea. I’ll just go with what works for now and skill reset later. Thanks!

Yeah if you’re doing full Int though… Make sure to get Roxona Plate legs as soon as possible. Because bosses will crit you all the time till you get those. It will be rough at some level ranges.

These things:

It’s the same as having 37 Con for crit resist which will help keep your head attached against bosses.

Good thing I already have full roxona plate. Just the pants or go full plate?

I do 3 plate and cloth gloves myself.

But I plan to swap to full paper armor when I can. Probably either farming the silver or farming the point to get one of these as soon as possible.
http://tos.neet.tv/items/524109

Most the trouble I’m getting into in the new content is from magic mobs… I’m really feeling my low Mdef right now. … not that standing still for 3 seconds while I mob charges up a spiral arrow wont result in instant death either.

1 Like