Tree of Savior Forum

Thanks IMC for support me!

Server Name: NA Orsha server

Team Name: Kawanami

Character Name: EVERYBODY!!

Bug Description :
Playing this game since June of last year after work on 5 characters i created (pet included), making own efforts to get them lv 200+ (and one of my characteres is 330 already) to then happen an unexpected thing called “Your game access are restricted due to maintenance or other reasons”. I sent support ticket trying to solve my problem and all i got is:
"Hi Savior,

Thank you for contacting and bringing this matter to our attention. Upon checking, We would like to inform you that your account was permanently suspended for violating the terms and conditions in game.

In addition, we are unable to anymore information regarding this matter due to security reasons.

We hope that this clarify things up.

Regards,

Tree of Savior Support Team,"
So… for no reason i got banned from the game. Great! Even sending a second ticket (because they closed the first one), and still got no answer. Who knows me in Orsha server will agree that i was a fair character and also know that Ididnt do anything wrong. I am sure that i was wrongfully banned. I know that may be the wrong topic or so, but well, I dont care anymore. I just think that after BUY TP with my money that was received with SWEAT and pass months working on my characteres to then make such a thing accusing me to violate term of use? Gimme a please.

Screenshots / Video :

@STAFF_Letitia @GM_Francis @GM_Sebastian

Zero Thank you for your help I am very thankful for your efforts. I hope they read soon and try to support me in something.

Up. We need to find a solution for this problem… I played with Kawanami any times and he is kind, aways helping people… I really believe he is free of any illegal thing, so I’ll be glad if you GMs / staff reconsider help him to come back. I trust TOS (Orsha) can’t be the same without him. Thanks!

@lordokawa good luck!

Hello @lordokawa,
We will look into your support ticket again.
Thank you!

Thank you so much. They sent me that they re-investigated and it seems that they have been some adjustments that happened. I would access my account now normally but as i logged and still the same error. Im still waiting for answers.

You are welcome~! Just give it a little bit of time. If you are still having problems just tell me!

All the time you need. Thank you for keeping the touch

1 Like

Everything should be fixed now!
Happy Hunting~~!

2 Likes

I am back to confirm my issue has solved. Thank you so much for your attention and support. I am really satisfied about your service. 6 stars!!

4 Likes

you are lucky … i do have the same trouble but still no answer on my ticket

:frowning:

//20charactersschocked