Tree of Savior Forum

Thanks for killing the necromancer/sorcerer

This is literally the design of most of the Rank 6 classes, they are all go big or go home. Falconer only get their tools at C3 and they have the worst C2 of the game, Reiter Limacon is only good at C3, Fencer and Doppel only do good damage if they have the C3 skills and attributes.

Well i still find tons of necro bots online :S

They changed minion hp too? The skills have 60seg cooldown but i cant manage to get my skeletons to survive 30seg. In boss fights they die with the first-second attack. Salamion is the same, the only one who is able to survive in maps and dungeons is the devil summoned…

1 Like

Agreed that the summons are almost useless in aoe-centric bosses. (Looking at Canyon’s AOE spamming harpeia lol)

Invest in HP attri, SPR and SPR gears if you want skels to be a better meat-shield

1 Like

HP Attribute -> Done, and full SPR.
SPR gears -> Don’t have the best ones yet but I do get 51 SPR from my gears.

Nope, still drop dead in 3 straight AOEs from Harpeia, the boss from Canyon which I cited as an example.

Im 500 spr now - my skells can even tank damage in TBL now.

1 Like

I don’t know what is wrong with my skeletons, then

I’m full SPR too (except that i dont have a skull smasher for more spr) and they die even to the bosses in siauliai extremely fast. The problem is not only that they dont have hp, is that we got nothing in return for that. If they are going to nerf hp they should have buffed the atk, or halved corpse cost, or reduced cd.

Personally i think the corpse mechanic is not needed anymore since the summons now have timers. Any necro that uses his non-summoning abilities cant keep up with the corpses and the summons are weaker than sorcerer’s summons which are not limited by anything and is a rank 5 class

1 Like

Talking about Necros and its mechanics of corpses, I want to ask a question to IMC.

Why when the Salamion dies he leaves a body on the ground that the Necromancer can collect and when the skulls die they don’t leave also corpses on the ground for the Necromancer to collect?
Why does the Shoggoth need 30 corpses to be created and when it dies it doesn’t leave 30 corpses on the ground to be collected?

@STAFF_Ethan
@STAFF_Letitia
@STAFF_Yuri
@STAFF_Amy
@STAFF_Ines

Could you explain that? If you don’t know, could you ask the development team to clarify?

The corpse mechanic needs to stay, you want to be something better than Bokor that needs to manage his zombies? I suggest something like a corpse coffin you can buy and use for some corpse, similar to the zombie capsule, with a matching CD time attached to it so you can’t spam it.

The catch of a summoner Class always should be that he has to manage something; currently only Sorcerer is somehow exempt from this practice as most of his summons are easily castable and replacable with recasting. Only SP costs to upkeep a horde of different summons (cat,Salamion,Demon,bats) isn’t good, I think the summons should demand his blood instead, so he has to manage his health and summons carefully;
to manage the bleeding/HP loss, Desmodus (i.e. the useless blood-sucking bats) should be changed to a leeching recovery skill similar to Featherfoots Bloodsucking so that you can regain some HP you lose from summoning by using your Desmodus.

I guess I’ve never read anything stupider than this in this forum.
But I think it’s better not to say anything else, it might be illness.

1 Like

As you said, sorcerer doesn’t manage anything and is still way stronger then necro who are limited by corpses…
And please don’t compare bokor to sorcerer or necro, bokor is a rank 3 class and i never saw a bokor build where the main dmg comes from the zombies AND they can rely on plague or sadhu (or others) for dps. On the other side, sorcerer and necro has few options to complement dps as they are high rank classes and no class in the wizard tree synergizes with SPR.
I liked the corpse mechanics when the class were not so restricted, but now that we have cd, low hp, timers, corpses, i think it’s too much restrictions for skills that are not worth it as dmg dealers nor tanks. If they want to maintain the corpses they should at least create new ways to get corpses, althought it don’t change the fact that the summons die faster than the cd resets.

I don’t see a problem with corpse mechanics. With the update it’s so extremely easy to get corpses back.

We can also buy the item from necromancer master that gives 30corpse per use which is not expensive at all… However this item is only needed in some specific scenarios like bossing or pvp. Normal monsters give out corpse more than you need easily.
Attributes will heavily improve your necro play, you can even raise the amount of corpse you can carry by a significant amount and it’s very easy to cap it during farming/doing a dungeon etc.

Regarding necro summon hp, I think slight improvements could be made but honestly going full spr and investing in HP attr makes summons last long enough at least for me. CD time is not that lengthy and 10corpse is very minimal for resummon.

Honestly you people who complain about corpses, it sounds like to me you don’t even utilize your skill kit and attributes to actually gather corpse from monsters. They increased the amount you get so it’s really easy to fill the summon cost. Only skill that poses a little bit of difficulty is flesh strike.

All summoners are very different in the way they work and necro item investment is not bound to its summoner nature even, I think it has way more to do with thematic reasons. Sorcerers do require cards to function and some of the demon lords require quite high investments to acquire.

Honestly the old sp drain for sorcerers was probably thought of as the drawback to sorcerers but it wasn’t a good design decision as it was so heavily limiting to sorcerers. (Especially when riding.) It also didn’t go well together with SP rec attrs or boosts from cat as it had no absolute value or help. (Since you could not even regen.)

I actually also like necros using corpses as it also promotes active play to acquire them. The system is also unique and easy to manage in opposition to classes which simply have to buy huge bulks of items to work. (Sapper, diev etc.)

If anything bokor is the one with the least favorable position but I think they’re totally fine too.

Also in my opinion sorcerer is not much stronger than necro if at all. I personally have both at c3 and I’ve been using the same rhs on both of them for a while and necro does better in certain situations for sure.
They play differently and have different roles to fill, necro is definitely not a weak class. I actually find it much easier to carry saalus with my necro than sorc for example.

From your suggestion it seems like we can already do away with corpse mechanics…

No wonder the staff ignore player tags now

I do not agree that the staffs ignore what is written on the topic.

But anyway I’ve already marked you to ignore your posts, because your comments do not add anything to me or the game.

You just talk nonsense without any responsibility because it’s free to write nonsense.

1 Like

JUST think about Taoist, uses 2 or 3 sheets of paper and they can not take their papers back, and i play as a necro3 to do uphill defense, it’s very fun. i don’t see any problem on this updates ‘-’

2 Likes

The problem is not only that they dont have hp, is that we got nothing in return for that.

Ehm, my summons hit like a damn truck. Decay debuff - absolutely broken.
Just consider Necromancer to be a PvP class now, not PvE.

Well… okay

It’s just funny how you want the removal of the corpse system. It’s just a system in place for IMC to tax silver just like the existing 10 % for shops as well as other class’ consumables.

Don’t forget You have disinter or gather corpse to refill your stock.

You should Understand that staff don’t really care about the tags unless it’s a game breaking bug. From the rate at players are spamming tags … pretty sure they mute the notifications and take their own time to scan through through the forums

It’s interesting how your own quote shows how much self awareness you have

He have not yet used alchemist’s homunculous to comprehend the true pain of using consumables for a summon

1 Like