Tree of Savior Forum

Test your ping to the server! Sort off

Okay so going into the client.xml we find a server list Can’t have fun
We see only one server, I tried pinging it with different methods it rejected 100% of the packets so could be offline, could be refusing pings. Could be both.

So if we Geoloc the location we find thats where they said it would be Amazons servers.

United States Virginia Ashburn Amazon.com Inc.

See Ashburn is actually really famous http://www.intelishift.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Ashburninfographic_FINAL_500px.jpeg

So anyways theres a million ways to ping there but just use this site http://www.cloudping.info/

So let’s say you’ll get +/- 50 ping so from Europe we’re looking around 200 ping. The rest of you post your results.

NOTE : This is an estimate maybe lucky europeans depending on hops and such get sub 150 who knows…

2 Likes

i think around 200 ping it’s not a big deal in a mmorpg, maybe bad on pvp.

Not a big deal but still enough to not really enough for clutch moves. Speaking from experience of FFXIV.

See that AOE you just jump out at the last second with your fast move skill? It still hits you.

Please remove the IP, it can only lead to bad things (DDOS) at this point. Concern yourself with ping once in the game…

Why do people keep posting the IP?

Also this thread has already been posted… trying searching next time.

Anyone with 0 internet skill can check it I mean it’s in an XML file for christ sake. But okay…

Anyways I guess lock this thread or delete it.

nice detective work nonetheless

uh oh…this might looks bad

39 ms. Only one or two were over 200…

People can very easily find the IP if they really want and can do something shady with it. Those who can’t will not be able to do much harm, I am sure. When the server is active and people can login in, it’s just a matter of a few mouse clicks to see which addresses the client is connecting via network. So posting the IPs here won’t be as much of a problem as you think it would be.

I don’t believe the ping results that I’ve got though because the nearest to me pings for about 100ms as stated but when I checked in-game, it’s about 30ms.

I don’t think posting server IP would be much of a problem (unless it is your IP). Heck most knows Google IP and tried to fry the server. This is, for me, a challenge for a company must take, improving their quality especially in firewall and security.

280 :frowning: Roughly same as yours.

bug? 45ms for me lool

I hope there will be a server in Japan for Asian players.

Is there a way to check the ping in-game?

Better to be safe than sorry. With the 100s of people getting pissed they didn’t get a key, anything can happen. Not saying anything will happen but posting an IP on a public forum isn’t the greatest idea. I get that it won’t be as bad as I think it will but nonetheless why do it? Just test your ping once in-game…

lol you’re right, I want to play, not watching the server got ddos by salty snowflakes xD

579 From Thailand, WE ARE FU*KED!! :scream:

Depends on your location, where are you from ?

US-East seems cool, 123 ms is affordable to play with (Not this cool for PVP I guess, like everyone else here, I can’t change anything to it ^^’)

I’m French btw :smile: !

Im getting like 380ms, almost 400ms , that means 0.4 seconds