Tree of Savior Forum

Telsiai Server Time

I would like to suggest that the server time for Telsiai to change according to the server location (Singapore GMT +8).

Currently, the server still follows after its NA counterpart (EDT).

The main concern for me regarding this is that instances reset at 6 AM server time, which translates to 6 PM GMT +8.

This particular time slot causes a lot of congestion to the server as this is the time where most people usually get home from work or school, and with instances reset at this time it creates a terrible dungeon experience
( CommanderLoadFail / Excess Count / DC ) as everyone is trying to complete their instances at the same time.

By changing the time to GMT +8 it could lessen the congestion during that time slot as everyone else are able to do their instances during other time of the day.

Nah. This will just complicate things to all servers.

I agree with this. Having a separate server time for each server would just get confusing.

If the time is going to change away from EDT, I think making all servers use UTC would be the best solution.

sorry as a sg player, i would rather not have that altered as well.
generally if IMC were to post a issue addressed via EDT .
i wont wanna end up going to check on our timing etc(i am referring on players which arent our regional timing.)
just stick with this and standardize it

Changing time will serve no purpose?
You are still effectively given 24 hours to complete the dungeons, so the time that it actually resets matters little. Let’s say you argue that 6pm is the congestion time, so changing it to 6am reset will still result in people logging in at 6pm since, like you said, is the time where players get off of work and school.
Basically regardless you can login at any time of the day to complete your dungeon, be it logging in at 3pm before reset or at 9pm after reset?