Tree of Savior Forum

Team Battle League Guidelines

Hi, guys. I’m a player from NA who plays ToS mostly for the PvP, including TBL (insert memes here).

To me, it’s a lot of fun but I bet it can be really daunting for a new player trying to learn all of the mechanics and probably not understanding that many skills and other interactions are different in TBL than in a PvE environment. IMC has many of these changes in spread out Patch Notes that make it hard to find and reference. There are also many specific interactions that are not noted on the tooltip or patch notes.

I thought it would be helpful to compile a data dump including TBL ground rules, PvP interactions, and skill changes into a google doc so that people can reference it when needed. I shared it in the NA TBL discord at first but thought it would be a good idea to share it more publicly as well.

Please keep in mind that this is a work in progress and will definitely need some changes when Rank 10 hits. Although I can vouch that the vast majority of this information is accurate and up-to-date, there may be some missing or incorrect bits. Let me know if you see something that needs to be added or corrected (after you’ve done your research and are sure that you’re right) and let me know what you guys think. Several players from NA helped me with some of the information so a big thanks to those people.
:haha:

Also, come queue. :tired:

10 Likes

:midfin: :sadcat: :sage: :kino:

1 Like

Slithering : 100% immunity to magic damage
Shield charge : Effect goes through safety zone and druid grass

Disenchant: removes all the buffs if hits.
Also removes effects of Safety Zone and Sterea Trofh - you have to exit the zone and enter it again for immunity to be re-applied which is a hassle and not always possible.

This is as described in the skill tooltip and didn’t think it needs to be added. Safety Zone and Sterea Troph are also buffs so it makes sense that Disenchant dispels them. :sunglasses: This also applies to Counter Spell.

@Bhikku, what do you mean when said that Evasion caps at 50% and block at ~67&?

To my undertanding, it means that no matter how much evasion or block you have, you will only be able to block or evade up to 67% and 50% of the time, respectively.

Oh, thanks. I will add this.

This already exist or is just a suggestion?

Something else about Slithering. The skill isn’t considered as “used” until the channeling bar fills or, if you release it before that, until the slash attack is performed. So, if you get CC’d with something like raise, you can hold on it to keep evading magic and release it before the channeling bar fills, this isn’t considered as “used” and the skill will still be ready to use because raise didn’t let you perform the slash attack. It works on any CC that doesn’t let you release the skill manually.

I guess it’s a bug but consider it a feature for now.

1 Like

Blind Faith: Full spr ftw>>true magic holy damage, the game first applies the damage of any cleric tree skill, then comes the damage from blind faith, slithering, crassis crest, or a solmiki fully trans 10 does not help at all, same thing to play without magic defense , without counter play =D

Shirnk body>> Same thing as blind faith,if you get debuffed,you are dead

Dissenchant>>-30 times worse than shirnk body,remove all your buff/ armor and it seems that makes you take 500% more damage, I already got a 300k critical of a musketeer inside a tbl after taking a dissenchant, I tested out of the tbl without any equipment, and the damage did not even come close to 300k.there is something in this skill that makes you a kepa

Dimension compression>>has no atribute,looks like a neutral skill but sleep passive doens’t work with it,hit kill u at cristal mine and you don’t even see who’s killed u,skill with higher range of the game, point click and kill

tbl rules: if you want to win, play with cleric / wiz
It’s funny to see a poor swordman being beaten by a featherfoot without being able to do anything, and when the featherfoot finally comes down, he uses 2 teleports that take the whole arena, or gives you a 15 second sleep: D
Also … if you want some fun, do not play tbl, go play league of legends or any other game that is balanced and the developers know what they are doing.

4 Likes

After the last balance patch things are much more better than before it.

This already exists. I need 20 characters to post this post. ok

This isn’t true. Be careful with wording. It is not true damage or magic damage. It’s holy property damage. It does get reduced by TBL/PvP damage reductions (80% reduction) but obviously not from DEF/MDEF.

It is holy melee true damage. True damage is still subject to some modifiers (like PVP reduction).

:tired:

Blind Faith
[Magic] - [Holy]
Consume 50% of your remaining SP to deal additional Holy property damage.

Wow, it actually does say Magic on here and the description says Holy property damage lol. Nice game. In any case, everything I’ve seen shows that it works like holy property damage (it is definitely not magic). But if Crevox is saying it’s true damage, does that mean it doesn’t get reduced on world bosses that are ‘strong against property attacks’ ? In other games, true damage indicated that it cannot be reduced but of course, that doesn’t mean that has to apply here. Is true damage and property damage different in some way or are they the same in the game coding land?

In any case, there’s 2 skills I can think of that don’t get PvP damage reduction and those are the DoT from Smash Bullet and the debuff from Malleus Maleficarum but I’ve already included this in the doc.

main zealot skull smasher confirmed

1 Like

True damage ignores many damage modifiers, but is still subject to some such as the PVP reduction. There is another type of damage called “absolute” damage that will always deal a set amount of damage and never changes; this ignores everything. You are correct in that the DoT of Smash Bullet falls under this category. Malleus just adds its damage flat onto the existing damage of hits, so it isn’t its own instance of damage.

They are different.

I’ve checked the Korean description and this is actually a mistranslation. It should say “physical” instead of “magic.” I will be correcting this and it will be fixed in-game next week. The rest of the description is still correct.

1 Like