Tree of Savior Forum

Tanky Templar Builds

I’ve been trying to theorycraft some good tank builds into Templar to lead my guild from the front so to speak and have been hearing a few mixed reviews regarding whether or not Rodelero and Squire are classes worth taking; mainly due to lack of damage output.

I’ve linked a few of my build ideas below that I’m trying to sort out and see what would be most beneficial to helping my guild out, utility is all well and good but I don’t want to feel like a liability; that said I’ve never felt the need to be a DPS MVP either for that matter, and also still trying to leave room to grow if Centurion makes its way back into the game at some point.

Peltasta C3, Squire C2, Templar (Tank / Utility)

*Thoughts here being focusing on tanking and providing support with the Squire’s utility skills.

Peltasta C3, Squire C1, Fencer C1, Templar (Tank w/evasion / Damage)

*Variant of the previous build, loses some utility from Squire to try to pick up some evasion for tanking and get a little damage on the side from Fencer.

Peltasta C2, Rodelero C3, Templar (Tank / CC)

*Loses the utility of the squire completely, but might fare better for certain encounters and potential PvP with the CC elements added.

I haven’t had the pleasure of playing first hand just yet since I wasn’t able to make it into the CBTs, so a lot of what I’m working with information wise is just reading over forum posts and glancing over other people’s builds. Feel free to point out if any skill allocations could be better optimized, or if any of these builds could be improved on with the focus on supporting my future guildies.

Thanks again for taking the time to look over my builds :wink:

2 Likes

[Guide] Peltasta & Squire - By Heltrey.

Thanks for the link, made for a good read. From what I can take away from it though, it seems that Squire, while utilizing useful utility skills; might be better off made as a side character later on, rather than a main attachment to Templar.

Furthermore, I’ve heard repeatedly that while Peltasta handles as the game’s tank class, none of the content has called a need for it just yet, and it doesn’t fare well in PvP to boot. I think I’ll have to reconsider my options when it comes to making a well rounded Guild Leader character.

So, any news about how is it working for you? I was thinking the same thing, doing it tanky, but don’t think it’s a good idea anymore, maybe if I make it more CC focused, Peltasta c3 Rodelero c2? What do u guys think?

I ended up taking a support role to my friend who took on the peltasta c3 route and decided to offset defenses with offense by also taking hoplite. While it is slower for him solo, he does have a great degree of tankiness that will serve him well vs magic mobs later in the game.

Furthermore, with the recent reveal of the Murmullo class at Rank 8, going heavy into Peltasta and Rodelero are more viable options going forward by the look of things. Either way going through the game with a more defensive orientation in mind will serve better in PvM than it will in PvP, so something to be cognizant of.