Tree of Savior Forum

TankStriker - Is this build good?

oh! good to know about cancelling the Guardian buff :grin:. Thanks!

1 Like

to answer on DPE, as far as I know it’s for more hits from you before it falls off. 1 hit is easy to miscalculate, but too many leaves you at the x2/x3 damage taken for too long if constantly fighting or holding aggro for your party.

best practice: 2 or 3 pts DPE for flexibility with own skills. solo – pop on just before you kill a glowing mob or boss or mob you need a rare drop from. party – pop on at a safe point near the end of a boss fight or as your party is killing a rare mob or etc. party is a bit different, others can proc it too and it only falls off you if you spend hits yourself.

1 Like

i totally forgot about the glowing mobs. yea you are right. i will consider making it Lv2 then. i guess that’s another point off from Mordschlag. Argh! But i will consider taking the point from Cyclone. so both Mord and Cyclone will be at lvl 4 on C1, lvl 9 on C2. a balanced of both.

Great build IMO PvE and PvP.

*High kick is only for rodelero C3.

*Suggestion: get barb instead of pelt 2, for 50% slash damage in the future.

ya, don’t worry too much about it some base damage on a skill that hits once. your points should be with what personally gives you the most value. cyclone is top tier for swordie damage ability due to number of hits and how strong each hit is, and is dependent on more points for much more damage. 1 hit skills without huge modifiers on top dont matter as much if the only increase with more points is base damage unless it is also a huge increase. damage skills that aren’t completely situational (mordschlag isn’t but punish is situational) still have value in this case with additional points, whereas the situational skills are either going to be 1 point wonders, 0 point picks, or leftover points.

matheu’s suggestion is a good idea as long as its skills and slash buff (if implemented) outdamage the high guard pelt skill damage minus your damage lost from the rest of high guard uptime. this is totally possible, however it changes the flavor of your build so I say this is only an option. If I were me, I wouldn’t even run this build (that’s just me and hating pelt’s damage skills and rodelero as a whole for no real reason) but if I were you I would still run pelt 2.

Unfortunately, Barbarian is only chooseable at Rank 3 onwards. not Rank 2. So…not sure how it plays out in the end. Where does the “50% slash damage” come from may i ask? Can’t seem to find it anywhere.

ya, which would be swordie/pelt/barb/rode 1-2/ dop 1-2 in this instance.

it drops high guard combo for barb 1 skills essentially. and the 50% slash damage is being implemented now/soon/yesterday? in kToS and is likely to be here too.

would be great to go Barb C2 at Rank 2 and 3. Frenzy on top of DOV. woot! oh well. lol

well, once rank 8 comes out, if there would be nothing better in your build, do it. BUT doppel 3 would be best unless cyclone and DoV cap at 10, plus flenzy/warcry are flat buffs, even if they can be very strong and the kToS buffs greatly reduce their cooldown. but holy crap, doppel 3 is like a can of worms when it comes to picking out which skills to put points into. DoV 150% would be crazy strong buff, cyclone 15 will be crazy damage, more 2h skills and buffed damage on top of existing ones. You would be doing quite some math in base damage + physical attack, x modifiers, x number of hits and overheat, divided by cooldown just to figure out which skills should get more points and which to leave at 1 or extra points.

Depends on what you wan’t really, I prefer rodelero C2/3 as I beleave it is future proof, and so is peltasta c1/ barb c1 (if we get the slash buff).

Is it really not a mistake to go for dopple ?
If we think about the main idea (strike damages around rodelero boosts) I’m pretty sure picking 2 rank of barb (helm chopper and stomping kick) or 2 rank of swordman (max gung ho and utility), even 2 rank of hoplite (finestra crit + synchro trusting + pierce debuf) will give you more dammages at the end than rank 1 dopple.
If you really want to have some tanking option with this kind of build, pelt C1 is enough.
Dopple DoV sure is great but hard to stack at lvl 5 and will not give you so much boost of dammages if you are not going for a pure/high STR build, and cyclone is really well but probably not worth it versus 2 rank on other job listed above.
I could be wrong, so if people are interested and nobody has already did the math, I could start some calculation.

Helm chopper hits 2 times with a small hit box, synchro trusting and stomping kick are terrible, shooting star was buffed in ktos and hits 5 times and ofc cyclone 3hits per second high base damage/75% resistance/you can move while casting.
Basicaly strike damage would be comming from rodelero C3, if you choose to go doppel 2, rodelero c2 would be there for defense and utility.

max gung ho isn’t worth it. really…its a small increase but it means almost nothing late game on high levels above 200. Already on my current character at lvl 100+. max gung ho with max attribute feels almost nothing!! i even pair it with Sacrament and Arde Dagger. it didn’t make much difference. restrain is good but doesn’t work on bosses.

As for hoplite, finestra is definitely good. together with an increase in blocking too. dunno about synchro trusting but read comments about char base dmg not being factored into the strike damage. that’s…really bad if its true. otherwise i think it can be pretty good late game (>lv170) as shields will have more phy def and if it works as intended. currently buggy. This build focuses on Strike Damage. the more multipliers, the better. If there is a mixture of pierce/slash/strike debuffs, the only good thing is you have an edge against every type of armored enemy. But damage won’t be on a high scale.

i can only agree that DoV is hard to stack when against a boss. because their attacks are kinda slow and usually have lots of AOE type of attacks. But PVP, PVE and Earth Tower wise, it should be easier due to magic attacks being un-evadable and unblockable as well and one has to tank those damage to get DoV stacks, while blocking+evading phydmg.

i dunno about going pure STR. if you read, im considering STR/CON/DEX 3:2:1 tentatively. unsure about DEX but will research more about critical hite rate first.

Cyclone is great but has a long CD of 45secs. nearly as long as High Guard. The FINAL build im planning does at least have lv9 Cyclone. So its not completely ignored for how great it is. But currently, because you can only increase Slash damage with Fencer and Fencer will clash with Doppel as both classes are selectable at only Rank 6 onwards…well…its either of the 2.

even at 45 sec cooldown, cyclone is huge damage. if doppel goes good in your plan, and you don’t take something different for your ideals, cyclone gets maxed for whatever circle of doppel you go to. period.

plus keep in mind pass and cooldown statue supports negate some of the issues with cooldowns. BUT even so, 45 sec isnt bad for 2 overheat, especially since most skills barb/corsair (my swordie’s main skills for r1-6) have almost 30sec cd. even vs 2 overheat, 1 cast of cyclone blows everything i have but hexen dropper out of the water.

Yeap. no doubt about that. lets not forget to factor in DoV too before using Cyclone. Cyclone can be fully taken advantage while High Guard is on cooldown. it definitely won’t be used during Bursting Phase as its all purely for strike damage. So i think it does go pretty well with the build i planned so far.

oh and about the other stuff. don’t worry about fencer, it changes your build plan. fencer should be used in a fencer-focused build imo, not in yours or a doppel focused build.

gung ho, ya not worth late game. I already only use guard attributed simply for evasion bonus despite damage reduction by small amount. hoplite finestra yes is good, but spears are a whole different ballpark than what we are talking about here.

DoV even at 1 stack is good enough to use the ability, don’t fret stacking issues much. the more you stack, the more icing on your cake :slight_smile:

stats. that spread is imo awful. way way way too much con, overkill. need maybe 50-75 after gear and plate mastery to reach 20k hp by 280, for dps 25k hp is safe too. for tanking of course you sacrifice much more damage from stats than you gain from increased hp. I would say, just don’t plan on being a true meatshield if you want damage too, which the idea of this build is centered on a damage combo while keeping up defensive buffs and a shield.

Str/Dex ratio is what is important here after you find a minimum con for hp. I like 2:1 in favor of str, gives okay str while giving okay enough dex for a decent crit rate and evasion prior to figuring in gear, plus with enough party support on buffs you can even drop crit rate from gear for more raw damage or crit attack. in a build like this, dex at decent amounts probably will be good for you just for extra survival, but low enough base damages that str will probably scale better.

at 2:1 str/dex, my swordie is 201, 15 plate mastery, 31 con with gear included. 16k hp. more than 250 str and almost 100 dex (but points invested are 2:1 – 138 in str and 69 in dex) but also i did put a tiny bit into spr for a bit more max sp before potting (most boss fights ive done, i don’t have to pot midfight, even sometimes on full last room of mission, this does save me money by a bit) and a tiny bit of magic defense.

I agree, even lvl 5 DoV is a good buff, and cyclone is really great also.

But with the actual max rank 7, and because Rod c3 (between 30% to 100% more base damage on core skills and one more strike buff and a lvl 5 skill with 1300 base damage) is at same step than dopple c1, that lead us to the choice dopple c1 vs :

• hop c2: add pierce damages and pierce weakness + hybrid skill pierce/strike + crit + Block + stab as a filler
  • Barb c2: 2 strike skills
  • Sword c2 (c3 if removing pelt c1 but OP want some tank): utility (stun, cc immun, etc…)
  • Pelt c3: more base damage on umbo and rim + the remove armor skill

So, many possible path here, with all pro and con, but I can’t think the dopple c1 will be better at the end.

Obviously it’s in case we agree pelt c2 doesn’t provide anything without pelt c3 and Rod c3 > ROD c2 + dopple c1

I disagree, Doppel 2 is the best choice here imo. but rode3 doppel 1 is okay i guess.

he wanted high guard attributes as a combo to be a focus of the build, pelt 2 or 3 required here.

he wanted rodelero skills as defense/offense foundation on top of pelt. so rodelero of any ranks here. this makes at least 4 ranks already set.

so far, r5 choice best option is most likely rodelero 2 due to slithering as furthering his defense + offense buffer skillset. alternative for less defensive and more buffing later ranks assuming kToS buffs hit is barb 1.

r6 is variable. rodelero 3 builds on what he has atm, and would pair best with doppel 1 at r7. but, i don’t think this is even close to the best damage he could get out of rank 6-7.

doppel 1 and 2 is likely the most damage when comparing options, deeds cyclone and even mordschlag are too strong for this build to skip. when high guard is off, cyclone is overwhelming. when it is on, deeds helps mitigate the high guard damage penalty – and the build alleviates some of the issues of requiring being hurt to stack deeds, as you have more defensive options than a normal doppel build. the tricky part is getting the strike buffs up and making sure you have mordschlag ready to go and used with high guard preferably not on penalizing your damage.

fencer is a lower damage variant due to poor synergy. high guard damage penalty cant completely be negated by popping skills around using high guard combo, as much of fencer damage is 0cd skills you basically spam. thats 30sec of your max damage being halved. plus, you don’t gain worthwhile strike damage.

shinobi is shinobi, is a different style variant with doppel 1/shinobi being the prime picks here at 6-7. free cloakings can add survival, as can the defensive skill. high burst damage. con here is the clones – you dont have anything they can copy that is worthwhile outside of kunai, and they hurt your ability to tank. either way, its great pairing for dpsing outside of high guard penalty.

imo dragoon isnt worthwhile unless you went hop/cata prior anyways.

the main ideals for the dps rotations are to pop everything not related to your high guard and strike comboing, then pop everything related to high guard, and try if possible to have mordschlags or other strike hits that arent buffed by high guard attribute go off without high guard on but other strike buffs active. as long as high guard is not active, once stuff comes back up, continue popping skills in the same priority order.

Ehhh…sorry folks. i need to go back to the drawing board. Apparently there are quite a lot of skill changes for Rodelero according to this link: [ Swordsman Changelog ] Swordsman changes from kTOS and iTOS

So…lol!! OMG! Rodelero is so buffed!

I think everything you are focusing on still applies, as with everything ive mentioned for NON-Rode stuff.