Tree of Savior Forum

(Tank) Stat Builds

So, basically the title…
What kind of stats should a tank be getting? All of them could be useful (minus INT) so I’m having a tough time thinking of something optimal…

I originally was thinking about 7/2/1 CON/DEX/STR, but now I’m wondering if I should be getting SPR and whether or not I should get more STR etc. so I’ve come for opinions and the like.

Oh, and for my build I was thinking something like Pelasta-Pelasta-Rodelero-Rodelero-Fencer-Fencer or maybe just take Peltasta and Rodelero to C3 since I’m not really a fan of Fencer.

Also, a breakdown of stats, just in case you don’t know:
Strength: Phys ATT and Crit Damage
Dexterity: ACC, Crit Rate, and Evasion (Do we need ACC?)
Constitution: max HP, HP recovery, Crit resist and Block Rate
Spirit: max SP, SP recovery, Block Penetration, and Magic defense (Only .2 a level)
Intelligence… is for noobs. :smirk:

Thanks in advance. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Would also be interested in knowing if it’s enough to get CON>STR as a tank or if I actually need some dex for endgame (PVE only).

1 Like

You should probably go Peltasta C3 if you intend to be full tank. Rodelero C2 is very useful, C3 is if you want to do more damage. Fencer is also a good tank class. Maybe Peltasta-Peltasta-Rodelero-Peltasta-Rodelero-Fencer and you can get the other Fencer circles once they release rank 8, 9 and 10.

Or you could keep your class options open and go Pelt C3/Rod C3 and wait to see if good tank classes get released in later ranks.

id go full con and be imortal =)

I’m going with 3 con - 1 str - dex. It will be a good amount of HP and I’ll be able to solo stuff when the party isn’t online. Don’t waste time on Rodelero, their skills are useless, if you plan to deal some dmg or solo more then group play I suggest HOP or Fencer. This is the build I’ll be using.

Originally, I was going to take Peltasta three but I think you don’t need it for High-guards bonus damage on Rim/Umbo Blow (tosbase.com use to say you need high guard lv. 6) meaning the only thing I really would be taking it for is more Swash Buckling. :confused:

I wouldn’t call Rodelero useless, they have plenty of good skills…

Targe smash inflicts Darkness (Meaning you get hit less :stuck_out_tongue:) And works well with party members via it’s attributes.

Montano is a stun/slowing skill, with low cooldown and both of these have overheat.

Shield Push decreases defense and inflicts unbalanced (Not that I know what that does lol)

And Slithering not only gives you a brief window of total magic resistance, but increases strike damage after using it.

Also they have pretty good DPS skills at circle 3, shooting star hit’s 4 times (300x4=1200 at lv. 5) and has overheat. Then there’s high kick which does 1300 damage (again at lv. 5) and also increases strike damage.

I’d hardly consider any of these useless, especially slithering as you can’t block/evade magic attacks through normal means. Although I’d admit it’s only a 1/3rd up time (about), it’s still a good skill for tanks to have.

Ahem, now it seems like stats are an after thought… Anyways,
3/1/1 CON/STR/DEX could be nice.

Hmm, you may have read it wrong before, but you need lvl 6 umbo blow / rim blow in order to use the high guard attributes for each of those respective skills.

Rodelero is probably the best class for someone looking to PVP or for someone running a full tank build (like this guy said he wanted). It has by far the most CC of any Swordsman class and it has good utility with Slithering.

If you are going Peltasta C3, do NOT expect to deal any significant amount of damage. High Guard reduces your damage by 50% (and Guardian highly reduces your damage as well), therefore pairing it with high damage output classes is counter-productive, because you will be losing out on all of their advantages.

In this game, if you decide to go full tank, you will just not deal damage. Which is why you probably shouldn’t go full tank unless you know you will always be playing with a group (because full tanks are really good later in the game in harder dungeons).

If you are trying to be an off-tank (like it seems you are since you said you planned to deal some damage) you only need Peltasta C1, and put 1 point in Guardian for the 18% bonus evasion.

Also if you are taking Squire, it is highly recommended that you get it at least to C2.

1 Like

It previously said you needed level 6 in high-guard, now it says you need level 6 in the respective attack skills.

Also R.I.P. my thread is no longer about stats…

1 Like

How come people are mentioning pelt c2 and no hoplite? I know hoplite is mainly a dps class, but isn’t finestra amazing for tanking? I’m actually planning on going swordie>pelt>Hop2>Squire3 with high con because I feel additional circles of peltasta and rodelero would be less valuable.

Yep, still would like to know how valuable dex is to tanks.

Yeah, unfortunately guardian gives evasion, so I was thinking maybe DEX would be a good stat for tanks…

If you put some dex and take fencer, you will receive a good amount of evasion when using its skills. Which is also good in my opinion(since magic damage can punish you pretty hard) xD

You can’t evade magic though. :scream:

I guess single target ones you can o.o. Can’t you?

Try Pelt 3 for max Swashbuckle and Cata 3 for max kiting. Super easy way to reduce the damage taken is just to not take any.

Some thoughts about Slithering. Ability to evade magic attacks, wich now granted by Slithering skill looks like a bug, because current description on that skill sound like “Increases evasion against enemy attacks”. How we know, magic attacks cannot be evaded. If it is bug - it will be fixed, and then rodelero will be a total waste for pve tanking, because hoplite+dragoon will be much more viable option in terms of tanking (finestra) and not be a total whiny while solo (stab, spear lunge, dragoon skills).
Fencer tank a viable too, but a think it’s more dps that hoplite+dragoon (fencer must take highlander C2 for crosscut-skyliner combo and good skill synergy between fencer and highlander damage dealing skills) and will have less hp and more evasion due to it need invest some stats to dex to utilize lunge and guardian ability boosts to evasion.

For myself i prefer a Peltasta C2-Hoplite C3-Dragoon like that, because i believe that tank must be tanky in oldfashion way :smile:

So, what about stat destribution? I want answer for that question too!

If you want to have a good stat allocation …

Con 3: Dex 1

Why do i think that even fenser needs that or should go that?
At level 280, you have 336ish dex (without equip and stuff). (full dex)

And a Evasion of 643 (without buffs).

Nearly half of that comes from your level alone …
If you add in evasion gems (for around 40ish evasion per) you can easily get 80~100 evasion on that level range.

With the evasion buffs, you should be able to get a really good dogerate.
But do you need 1000+ Evasion on that level?
Enemys have 300~400 accuracy (pve) when you do the calculation (which is not 100% tested out yet) what type of dogerate do you expect?^^

Hoplite focuses mainly on giving you damage, and Dragoon as well, and Peltasta C2 uses High Guard, which reduces your damage by 50%. Are you sure that’s a good idea? I think for off-tanks Pelt C1 is better.