Tree of Savior Forum

Talking a little more about Multi-accounts

If you need to be asking if something is an third party program I am pretty sure it is a third party program (even macros recorded on your keyboard and reproduced by its own software inside the keyboard are considered third party programs).

First of all, that is wrong regardless of the game being discussed. It’s impossible to play any PC game without using any “third party software”. The game itself relies on third party software, such as Windows and DirectX. It is a common misunderstanding of the terms set forth in a game’s EULA/ToS/ToU. “Third Party” does not imply that you are doing anything wrong.

4 Likes

I finally agree with you on something.

B-but… it is possible. You can write one game as if writing one operating system that handles everything such as boot loader, kernel, VGA modes, interrupts to input handling and everything else by itself. Or is the BIOS considered a third party program in this case?

not sure probably the hats have 9999 stats

yes,using multi account at the same time is allowed as long as the accounts are played in different computer.

1 Like

Using multiple accounts isn’t allowed. Period. Modifying the game behavior by using third party software isn’t allowed (but there are some exceptions such addons). Period.

Could you quote any place where the staffs clearly made the statement you’re saying?

To get a clarification we need either:

1. An official announcement.
  2. Someone to ask a ticket in korean in a way it doesn’t get into ambiguous answer depending on the way the question was asked.

Plus:
This player was banned:

And @STAFF_Amy liked the post showing that it was handled in some way. If it was a pointless report (i.e. reporting something which is allowed) the STAFF wouldn’t like the post.

And the player was offline as soon the ticket was answered.

But, he was banned by RMT, right?

AFAIK staffs doesn’t give details on what is the reason of the bans. Do you have any example of people who were banned by RMT to compare with how they are handling other bans on Dina Bee?

But, if AFK(w/o macro/bot) and multiaccount (w/o third software) is allowed, him could have been banned by RMT.

I hate the fact that I can’t play with two characters at the same time. It would be amazing to manage 2 characters on a party and lvl both of them.

I can’t see why would anyone play over and over again doing the same quests over and over. This game gets old really fast, i can see why the playerbase is decreasing

2 Likes

I agree. I think both issues should’ve been sanctioned but it’s IMC… But we can’t know for sure which one was picked as the reason (or main reason).

prove to me that im controlling multi account.
no proof? not guilty.

huehuehue

(im willing to re-install TOS on my laptop and pc for this little experiment)

correct

to be exact, according to the recent talk-talk in ktos, addon considered harmless until player report it.

until then, IMC will leave open wide for anyone to do anything.

tldr, if no 1 report anything, then imc wont take any action on addon.

So are you saying that no one ever played TOS using multiple accounts and there was always a person near the player for controlling everything and stopping each time the main character was doing active things?

IMC is the only entity here who have tools and right to judge it to the level of applying sanctions.

But there are scenarios/situations where it can be detected by a player, these can be used as base for comparing with the two or more suspects, for example: One cannot do the same good timing on all skills at the same time during fights between a lot of monsters.

Also, thanks for clarifying how they handle addons in that case!

@STAFF_Max Steam Overlay would be considered third party program?

1 Like

Steam itself is a third party program… :thinking:

2 Likes

It can be or can not be. All depends on context. Actually, Tree of Savior terms of usage only cites 3rd-party programs once as a security tip:

Third-party programs are all the ones which aren’t developed as a part of the game itself and you can contextualize almost anything here.

The actual lines on using software for abusing are in other places, there are others terms that can fall into using 3rd-party software category, I’m picking the most obvious ones here to prevent confusion:

1. Using a program that can be used in hacking even if the program in question are commercially available or a part of an Operating System such as a key grabber and macro programs.
  2. Creating software that poses as a part of the distributed client to gain personal information of other people.
  3. You may not engage in any usage or distribution of illegal programs unrecognized by IMC Games.

who told you that?
having multi accounts played in different machine clearly is legal no third party program involve.
so you’re telling me people who have siblings or roommate who plays in the same house have a chance to get banned? because you know they are also considered or detected as multi account :stuck_out_tongue:

it looks like you want to force some people to buy TP who cant afford TP for char slot.

no need, it’s just a matter of common sense.

wew, I think we all know we are not talking about steam as the third party.

1 Like

What is then defined as third party program in the rules?

tbh lunar you are annoying as hell

stop asking GM to waste their effort on something that can’t be fixed
you should be glad that this game doesnt allow VM anymore

but there is just no way they can stop ppl from using different devices
even if u can detect two devices with the same IP
you can’t even prove it was the same person that is using both devices

instead of bumping this useless thread, its better to ask GM to fix what can be done
such as afk necro/wl farmers, or bot spamming etc

btw just out of curious, i didn’t see you cry this much on other exploits, is this because this one doesnt benefit you?

5 Likes

But they can cancel any account according to the TS, even the innocent ones

1 Like