Tree of Savior Forum

Talking a little more about Multi-accounts

So, again, are you saying that cheating is fine just because you have any excuse?

@LunarRabbit

I think you’re getting baited too much, i’m fairly sure people here know
what is illegal and what isn’t…

i mean, using steam/windows as an example for a third party software…
Might wanne filter who you respond to saves a bit of sanity

1 Like

Yes, follow his words and if you get caught and punished he’ll
find a way to blame IMC for it and all will be well…
Let’s also not be surprised where this mentality gets us,
only positive things can happen when people think this way…

While i can understand your fustration be part of the solution not the problem…

hahahaha

when will people learn not to reply to troll lunarrabbit.

lel

1 Like

Having multiple Steam accounts is allowed by Valve, they can’t ban someone just by having two or more accounts.
What puzzles me, on the other hand, is why they don’t ban multiboxers (aka, the ones with key replication between multiple clients).

Yeah, steam allows you to have any amount account.

And yes, in TOS you can have many accounts.

Just that in TOS you’re not allowed to login and control them at the same time by yourself.

You can have a lot of accounts, play one, logoff, play the other, logoff.

If you go over this thin line, you’re in the cheating/gray area depending on point of view (which other players have already been banned because of it).

@haukinyau1 if you want to discuss anything personal, just PM me. If you want to defend and promote cheating just say it clearly, isn’t what you were doing in other topic? “Go cheat, gitgud and not caught”?! Just say what you want instead of hiding o:

2 Likes

We don’t know if he/she has been banned because of multiple accounts or RMT and I seriously doubt that’s because of the former.
On my server there are several people that not only have multiple accounts, but they even blatantly multibox since months and they’re still around untouched (one is on just now).

Personally, coming from games where there was a /follow command, I don’t think that multiple accounts manually run can be even compared to cheating.

On the other hand, as I said, multiboxing with keys replication is cheating.

1 Like

I agree, we don’t know. That’s why I have asked on my support tickets about it:

That’s where we can report them if you have enough data to do so. If IMC simply makes an announcement to put it out of the gray area and ambiguous ticket answers, honest player will follow so.

Each game have their own rules. CipSoft is one example of a company which didn’t allow multiple accounts to be connected at the same time but had the rule removed when they added a separate client ran by browser making it unable to detect multiple instances.

The key point of my topics are:
There are enough answers to show that multiple accounts at the same time isn’t allowed.

Others agree, there are ambiguous answers from IMC, we can’t know for sure about a lot of things, yes, IMC needs to be clear and give objective and direct answers.

Or do you think that honest players will keep on using multibox/clienting even after it is announced to be not allowed?

“There will be no issues as long as you do not use any third party programs”

this message is crystal clear. idk why this lunar is making his own rules. :laughing:

3 Likes

Given the language barrier, your question (“AFK farming with multiple accounts”) might have been understood as botting with 3rd party programs over multiple accounts.

Unless they properly state in their tos or eula that manually running multiple accounts over different computers is not allowed, I don’t feel like bashing people for that.

Also, take into account that if Valve allows multiple accounts, they can’t deny people to use them.

They have been already reported. But Fedimian is God’s forgotten server (it took months to ban part of a blatant bot army, reported with several videos).

No, they should not, but there is no announcement yet, tos and eula do not prohibit neither and the answers are too vague.
Considering that this game is advertised as “Vac protected”, I wouldn’t hold my breath waiting for one.

I already said it.

Vaca’s ticket too don’t even have direct answer to the issue, only “don’t use 3rd party software” which may only refer to “macro/bot” and they might not have understood the “private army” part.

My post few pages ago:

Agreed. Once they make an announcement about it honest players won’t do so. If they allow, I’m wrong and that’s it.

I guess we should agree on not bashing as well not supporting it either, at least until we get the announcement, right?

Do you have any idea to make a proper ticket question that won’t get misunderstood or ambiguous answer so we clear the issue once and for all? Or know anyone who can write a ticket in korean?

You can ask something like that: “I have two steam accounts, on two computers. Is it allowed to play on both at the same time using two pads?”

That should clear multiple clients.

1 Like

How is that different from my question? .-.

Lol this is December 2015 all again. Blind knights still at it.

SHINING JUSTICE!!!

LET THE JUSTICE FLOW THROUGH ME!!!

Cant believe people still feeds the rabbits.

2 Likes

I already told you why your question is ambiguous. To quote myself:

Anyway, I can’t help you more than that.

1 Like

@TheAlleyCats vs @LunarRabbit

So uhm this is now a legit cat fight? kakaka

3 Likes

By the way I am writing the ticket using your tip and reasoning why it is different than mine.

Is this good enough?

Is it allowed for one player alone to login and use multiple accounts by himself at the same time for Tree of Savior for playing, farming or other purposes?

Don’t need excuse when there is no enforcement lol, if morals matter and everyone obeys the rules why the police exist? You live in some fantasy land?

There is nothing players can do, it is up to IMC to enforce their own rules, you cannot expect everyone to obey rules that is not going to happen, IMC must force them to obey the rules

But we need rabbit or there will be no TOF! :fork_and_knife:

1 Like

Also, to make it clear, “why is it different than mine.” that I asked to you, it is as much as ambiguous as “AFK farming” being read as botting.

1. Pads can be misunderstood by korean people:

2. As dumb as it sounds, you have multiple phrases which may lean them to answering only to “multiple accounts” instead of focusing on same owner/player doing so.

So you assume you are only honest when the rules are enforced, otherwise you cheat?

Wut I thought you guys already got the answer?

Multi-account = ok according to Valve
ToS account is tied to steam account. If Valve says ok, that means multi-account is ok for ToS.
Multi-account for play/farm/afk farm = No but punishment not mentioned
Multi-account afk farm = will be banned

In short, you can have as many account as you want. It depends on what you do. IMC wont bother if you made an account to spend more money. Anything to do with afk farming is bannable offense. Anything other than afk farming is up to you to decide whether it is ethical since IMC cant detect anyway.

How did this thread end up with almost 160 posts…

4 Likes