Tree of Savior Forum

[Swordsman] Special builds

Do you use peltastas C Shield Block? I almost never use it and I have a feeling like I’m missing out on something. I couldn’t find any posts or guides on how and when to use it and how to time it. Only place where I used it (efficiently) was on Barbarian promotion quest xD

Im using it a lot on boss fight. Sit in front blocking everything. You just need to notice their atks and block it. Pain barrier will help too with some knock back skills.

seeing that templar is going to be a swordsman class tree at rank8, any good suggestion for a build to get me there?

we still don’t know what skills a templar may have, but to fit the roleplay i had in mind that may be practical in gameplay, how about this?

1. 1H Sword + Shield Highlander build:

Swordsman c1 -> Peltasta c1 -> Highlander c3 -> Centurion c1 or Doppelsoeldner
Doppelsoeldner c1 -> Templar

because

• i can use a shield and 1hd sword, which is my preference
  • probably dopple because centurion may be a bit hard to play
  • templar so i can make a guild

would this work? or is there something better?

From what i heard peltasta and swordsman are not worth going deep into. As for rodelro not sure.

peltasta c2 has high guard, is that worth going for?

Do you want to play a tank, or just semi-tanky dude with shield for added defense?
Better check this and choose what ever suits you till the Templar rank:
review-mini-guide-swordsman-all-classes-and-best-builds

But think about the Templar first: Do you have any friends that will play this game and could you pass the Guild Master responsibilities to them? Just going 1 rank Templar seems to handicap your combat progression and we still don’t know will it be obligatory for a Guild Master to go more ranks (for some added guild content or something).