Tree of Savior Forum

[ Swordsman Changelog ] Swordsman changes from kTOS and iTOS

i dont understand the seism part… seism is a fake 3 multihit, then it willbe fake 5 hit now? lul

Me neither, maybe it turns into true multi hit at max Feral stacks?(wishful thinking)

it will be good then, i also read somewhere that seism will become strike type, but i cant find it again, but im really really sure that i read it somewhere here…

Someone mentioned it in the kToS thread, none of the patch note translators confirmed it tho.
Fencer’s would probly prefer it stay slash while Dopp’s would have welcome another strike skill.

pls be strike :sweat_smile:

http://blog.naver.com/king_sop/220875806328

doppel after patch, seems like it doesnt get nerfed back to the dumb slow hit rates

looks like is better to confirm it ourselves 2 months later when patch hits, than making speculation

1 Like

It nerf but that new AOE was make you thinks it hit same as before patched

What is the point of these barb changes if they don’t translate into r8 (or higher) content? Barb is still “just” (I use the term lightly) a dps class and we all know what happens to low rank dps classes when higher rank content is added.

30% chance more damage on stunned at 5stacks, Pouncing will be great since it’s still a viable skill at late game.
Cleave, HelmChopper and Embowel(yes the god forsaken Embowel), will be a reliable part of solo players skill rotation for crit and stuns for the latter 2.
Specially now that Dopps got their Cyclone [RESOLVED] and will have to rely on other skills for damage.

edit:[quote=“valkren9, post:72, topic:282655”]
chance to deal additional damage to stunned targets?
[/quote]

oh yea, thank for the correction.

I agree, but isn’t the bonus to pouncing +30% (at 5 stacks) chance to deal additional damage to stunned targets?

AoE Attack Ratio of the skill has been increased +3 → +8
Attack speed and basic attacks no longer affect Cyclone

Someone can explain what does it mean for doppel?
How it works?

overall damage got reduced around 60-70% but you can hit more targets with it.

Latest December 15 KTOS patch
welcome back doppel -

Doppelsoeldner:

"The latest batch of bug fixes showed that Doppels damage was in a good place, but it was due to the result of a lot of unintended mechanics which has caused them to lose their power potential. We have made some changes to the Doppelsoeldner's aggressive side so that players can feel the impact of cyclone attacking at a high speed." 

► Cyclone:
    ○ Attack speed is increased by 33%.
    ○ The duration of the skill has been changed to 0.2 Seconds per skill level. (Previously 0.3s Per Skill level)

" The Deeds of Valor was too ambiguous because it felt the same after the 10th level, and to add to that the penalty for using it was also quite high. We reduced the armor reduction by half to keep the concept of having a drawback to the ability but to also grant it some warranty beyond the 10th skill level."

► Deeds of Valor:
    ○ The defense reduction per skill level has been changed to 5% per skill level. (Previously 10%)

"This is a rank 8 ability, but it appeared to be negligible to use for monsters around the level of rank 8. We've increased the amount of defensive damage it can break through so it can be more useful at Rank 8."

► Sturtzhau  
    ○ The ignored defense per skill level has been changed to 200 per level. (Previously 75 per level)

Current Cyclone information

• Attack speed at max levels (with 15 DoV and 15 Quicken) = + 30%
    lvl 1 = 2.8 sec
    lvl 2 = 3.1 sec
    lvl 3= 3.4 sec
    lvl 4 = 3.7 sec
    lvl 5 = 4 sec
    lvl 6 = 4.3 sec

lvl 15 = 7 sec

New Cyclone

• Attack Speed + 33%
    lvl 1 = 2.7 sec
    lvl 2 = 2.9 sec
    lvl 3 = 3.1 sec
    lvl 4 = 3.3 sec
    lvl 5 = 3.5 sec

lvl 15 = 5.5 sec

basically the high density hit rate is back to what it was before, +5 more aoe ratio, but total duration got toned down by 1.5 sec

4 Likes

but what about damage?

I guess it’s also important to say it can now be pulled off by yourself without the help of a chrono or skill scrolls.

Definetely a win for area damage (reduced number of hits but hitting more targets), and a not such a big loss anymore to single target DPS I’d say.

Corsair:

“Corsairs would like to get a little more courtesy through the ‘pirate’ party system. We’re expecting to see some improved pirate effects when corsairs are in parties. This does follow on from the changes that have been made to the current Pillage skill.”

► Jolly Roger:
○ The conditions for the combo have been changed, they are no longer monster kills - but instead monster strikes. ( This combo meter goes up to 300)
○ The combo effects have been changed. The max damage per combo has been removed, and for 10 seconds, Missile attack damage is increased by (15% + (3 * Skill Level))%
○ The combo can only be activated once per Jolly Roger Flag that has been placed, and the ‘FEVER!’ time lasts for 10 seconds.
○ The cooldown time has been changed to 35 Seconds. (Previously 16 Seconds)
○ The skill duration has been changed to (20 + (35 * Skill Level))Seconds.

Doppelsoeldner:

“The latest batch of bug fixes showed that Doppels damage was in a good place, but it was due to the result of a lot of unintended mechanics which has caused them to lose their power potential. We have made some changes to the Doppelsoeldner’s aggressive side so that players can feel the impact of cyclone attacking at a high speed.”

► Cyclone:
○ Attack speed is increased by 33%.
○ The duration of the skill has been changed to 0.2 Seconds per skill level. (Previously 0.3s Per Skill level)

“The Deeds of Valor was too ambiguous because it felt the same after the 10th level, and to add to that the penalty for using it was also quite high. We reduced the armor reduction by half to keep the concept of having a drawback to the ability but to also grant it some warranty beyond the 10th skill level.”

► Deeds of Valor:
○ The defense reduction per skill level has been changed to 5% per skill level. (Previously 10%)

“This is a rank 8 ability, but it appeared to be negligible to use for monsters around the level of rank 8. We’ve increased the amount of defensive damage it can break through so it can be more useful at Rank 8.”

► Sturtzhau
○ The ignored defense per skill level has been changed to 200 per level. (Previously 75 per level)

Swordsman:
- Pain Barrier: Fixed issue where taking critical damage under the effect of pain barrier didn’t display the damage value in yellow numbers.

Barbarian:
- Wild: Fixed issue with tooltip window not showing the increase in damage from attribute.

translation by @gwenyth

will format when i get back from spain

1 Like

rip doppel 11.10.2016-1.12.2016

long live doppel 15.12.2016-rank9 dps cls with 2h

:ok_hand:

compared to the cyclone how it is intended to work aka 0% aspd this is a huge buff aoe ratio + aspd !

• sturtzhau 1000 defense ignored at rank5

looking forward to get this in iTos

Here is some rather interesting change about Corsairs Jolly Roger; apparently Jolly Roger is similar to Swashbuckling now on ktos and the monsters attack the player

Also, another video, this shows that party members hits apparently can increase the Jolly Roger combo count… i think :

2 Likes

sorry if i’m kind of late but you have some misleading information here.

you missed the point. entirely

*Old cyclone with aspd at max level +DoV + buffs

-lv15 = 52 hits over 7 sec

*Nerfed Cyclone

-22 hits over 7 sec

Vid here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoSlK0Cq9FQ

*Rebalanced Cyclone:

-Added 33% aspd
-decrease duration per level from .3 to .2secs

which means:

New cyclone duration > 5.5sec

IF: nerfed cyclone hits 22 hit count for 7 sec
= > 3.14 hit / sec

Therefore: New cyclone is 17.2 hit count (5.5 sec duration * 3.14 hit / sec)

And: Rebalanced Cyclone = +33%aspd

17.2 hit count +33% = 5.7 hit count

Which means: 17.2 hit count + 5.2 hit count = almost 23hit count (22.9)

Final numbers:

Rebalanced cyclone = 23 Hit count over 5.5 secs duration

Not even near from the famous 50++ hit count. the only compensation given was the bonus AoE ratio, and less 1.5sec for overall DPS in skill rotations.

anyways. i’m not here for that.

Does anyone have information on the Barbarian buff (Wild Attribute) updates and changes? is there something that buffs pouncing?

1 Like

It’s in the first post.Nothing after that