Tree of Savior Forum

Swordsman as of Re:Build

Been a while since I’ve played this (2017) and I can see that it has undergone so many changes.

So how does my favorite class fare these days? Is spear still generally better than sword? Does tanking still have any place in this game? With that, how is the power creep? Are builds much more flexible now?

Just to give you guys an idea of how long I was gone, last I played was as a Doppel doing ridiculous amounts of damage using Punish and the powercreep was really bad. Dragoons could 1 to 2 shot bosses, and any classes that Shinobi bunshin can copy is ridiculously OP. (I can see Shinobi is no longer with us)

i made the decison to play a rodelero it seems to deal good damage and I do not feel like a tank as i expected, then i went fencer and it seems to do less damage than the rodelero

also, I believe there is a bug

There is a thing in the rodelero skills that changes the damage of rodelero skills to deal damage depending on your shield defense instead of your attack

and another one in the fencer skill that removes your shield stats to gain i think crit chance, however it also says that if you have picked the rodelero class then the shield do not loose his stats

combining the two seems cool, however it doesn’t seem to work since activating the 2 makes every rodelero skill deal 1 damage, and it doesen’t seem to go away until you deactivate and activate them back and not use that fencer skill

i also feel that is way easier for me to die as a swordsman after the RE , so i believe tanking is not a thing unless you are being supported by a priest

so priest can tank better i feel

I have no words for how wrong this is…

1 Like

Priest/healer will not have mob/boss aggro most of the time. What do you mean tank priest? Just standing inside the Velcoff poison pool is tanking? Lol

Imo tanking in this game is very much limited to pvp. Look at the stupid lancer and pelt in pvp soak up the damage and doing cc. Pve? There isn’t much tanking unless you have skill to actively gather aggro from mobs. Aks pelt/outlaw

That’s just too bad then, they should just change Pelt icon to red.

so I’m guessing the game is still a DPS race?

it is, after rebuild we got even less suports/healers because you get less reward because every reward is about damage deal.

as much as I suspected. and I’m assuming the optimization isn’t any better?

game has so much potential. such a shame to see it wasted.