Tree of Savior Forum

Swordman CC Build?

Hi there,

So, after returning from a long break (2017, with a very very short return during rebuild just to see what it was), and after pushing my main to 420 full savinose set (not ichored yet, and stat still need to be optimised). I’m starting to build my alt.

And as of now, i’m searching if there is a good CC swordman build? Because I usually love tanking and CCing with melee class. I tried Hoplite-Retiarius, but I guess my build wasnt that well though, because it mainly was based on buff then throwing rete then do pierce damage. Rince, repeat. I guess the diversity may come with the 3rd class…

Which, coming from a wizzard main with far more option gameplay wise felt a bit lacking.

I’m not necesserly trying to optimise the build, just having a fun one that can work in CM and PVP as CC-tank (my main is already build for boss). But I dont really know if it could be efficient, or if I should look for that in other tree.

full cc melee tank warrior ? pelt Mur rodel i think it will fit :smiley: lvl CM is a bit slow though
or adding barb in built for more PVE CM power

Babr-Rod-Hacka

Rod gives you so much CC and debuffs and is practically broken.

While Hacka gives you Mobility and Helm Chopper, which is a high AoE stun. However, You will rely more on Rod skills for PvP, and won’t be as tanky as a pelt.

As far as pure crowd control? I would say murm rete hoplite, hoplite for spear throw arts which stuns for 3 seconds, and murm and rete for obvious reasons.

EDIT: could replace murm for rode, but shield train is the strongest CC tool in the swordie tree imo

Thanks All. Seems like Rodel and Murm got the plebe vote.

I’ll try rodel-Hacka-Barb though, this build picked up my interest. And if it doesnt work for me, I’ll go for Rodel-Mur-Barbr or Pelt.

Currently, Peltasta- Retiarius- Hoplite is meta for PvP, you can’t 1v1 that build atm due to Disarm, CC, all their defense and damage as well. So if you want to focus on a Swordsman for PvP, go for it. You’ll laugh at people on Gem feud, trying to hit on you.

You also need to understand the current state of the game, where it’s “easy” to get endgame gear and therefore the requirement to be competitive gets higher.

If a Legend card lvl 5 used to be competitive, now people push it further to 7 or higher. (Cause it’s easier now)
If people used to have 1 set to do PvE and PvP, now they have 2 sets or 3 sets for different situations.
Trans 5,8 and 10 scrolls have been handed out by IMC on their events, so there’s that and you have to take everything in consideration.
Boruta Seals used to be hard to get and level up. There was a couple players with Seal lvl 3 on NA, now half the server has a lvl 3 seal, due to changes.

And i can keep going on.