Tree of Savior Forum

Swordman 3 with Doppel 3 - is it worthy for PVE?

of course not!
go barb 3 or some highlander, swordsman 3 is for PVP, because debuffs and buffs.

if your concern is use the character for both, you can very well manage to survive in pve with your doppel 3, but will be not optimal for pvE as barba 3 or highlander.

Could you give me some arguments please. Iā€™ve just seen a video with Mormillo+Doppel Fantasy Library clean and the Doppel only use Cyclone + Redel. By our experience we have great use from Barb only for Cleave and Pouncing.

Cleave = great +50% dmg on other skills
Pouncing = great multihit dmg skill (but long cooldown)

Other skills from Barb3:

Helm Chopped = we just put it away, no place on rotation.
Warcry = +90 dmg if boss solo
Fenzy = sometimes stacks just dissapears (c3 attribute on) and we could do more dmg with cyclon for the time of getting 10 stacks
Siesm = good AOE for normal monsters, small dmg on R8 maps

Other side is that we have almost -30% time of boss killing because of knockdowns and knockbacks, so 35 sec Pain Barrier (with Divine Might, my wife is Doppel and Iā€™m Cleric) with 4 sec downtime is very good.

The other problem is mobs killing fast on R8 maps - hereā€™s Reistrain + Cyclone comes and shines, especially before I put my infinite Silence Tree (with Miko). DoV15 = 0 defence, so we need some CC abilitiesā€¦

Your opinion is welcome!

Thank you! Few questions:

1)Why and when do you use Nulis?

2)How much crit rate do you have?

3)What gems do you have in armor?

you know, forget what I said, I think you not only have more experience with Doppel as you is already disappointed with Barbarian 3, and you have a good point.

Well if you dont have much lag, so you could take at least Highlander C1 for the Block Defense pressing a button. Its not very effective, but its awesome when the monster is about to attack and you block him using your big sword.

Forget what I said, you have a good point. Good luck

when needing to hit multiple monsters with bash/cyclone, nulis outperforms vienie tb

600Ā±

I have both yellow and red ( two sets of armor)

currently red is better, but thereā€™s a patch in the future where you no longer lose all your def even with full dov stacks, this makes yellow viable.

Thank you, Iā€™m not a good player havenā€™t too much time now as in old good times)))

For me barb is strong but my wife playing doppel, so sheā€™s knocked dow all the time and compaining about not being the #1 on WB. :slight_smile:

So I thought that SW3-Barb2 is better for her, or SW3-High1-Barb1-Doppel3.

Anyway, thanks again for your info.

We have the same idea, but she dies all the time on 327 map for example. Just 5-7 hits and all is done even without DoV. How do you manages to stay alive?

327 is deadly because of mages

have you tried telling her to use Superior Kovos with 2 blue gems?

if physical is the problem, try using yellow gemmed armor. I use yellow by default too and switch to reds when Iā€™m using dov

I`m not a nice player either, I just did s1>high 2 > b1 > then since I stopped play, I did a squire in the end, that I never use, but I do siluai sometimes just for fun. And I used reset vounsher on another character (a monk)

The skill I mentioned is CrossGuard:

And is NOT so effective as I mentioned, because there is a really big delay between the Block and the animation.
Different of Guard that Peltastas and Rodeledo can do, pressing C forever, the CrossGuard of Highlander have the duration of only 5 seconds, but with much more block power. You can span the guard while still SP, but not only the delay of the activation of the skill to another activation is too long, as the animation gets stuck or simple don`t work. This is what make this skill very sad against archers that have continuous attack.

In Siulai mission for example I can defend almost all the hits when I am without lag, because I know when the monster will attack from the pre-animation (specially when fought separately), but the fact is:
I donā€™t know how this works on unknown bosses, because as I said you cant simple trust on the animation time to defend something.
Sometimes appear to be on the exactly right moment, but the server still count the hit on you, so I already saw many Topics here on the forum about that, but there is nothing to be done. Also Highlander 1 have Catar Stroke, a very good attack for any swordsman.

If we see what each type of Swordsman do to have defense, the Spear type use Shield + Finestra.
A corsair can Swap weapons to shield build or go full Dex, and focus on evasion, and is very effective sometimes. Fencer can go evasion and Shield.
So the only defense active on 2HandSword is CrossGuard, even if means nothing on PVP against archers.

Is good to remember that no one can defend magic, except Murmillo and Lancer, only archers and physical attacks. One more motive to think if this is worth to PvE or not.

You have 600 critrate, why use 168 STR?
Donā€™t it be better to go full DEX and have 900 critrate for 100% crit even with crit resist mobs?

Thank you for advice, weā€™ll try to make a defencive gear. Does it possible to have 1 damage on 327 without shield?

@Lostac any tips to put a Vienie TB to +15 w/o crashing the server exploit thing?

Lostac bought his vienie tb.

Itā€™s unfortunately just pure RNG. If you suck at luck, better save up that silver and buy from others than gamble.

People will give you theories and videos about techniques (besides hacking) they used to get to +15 but all those are really just BS.

In the video below, I tried that rumored ā€œbreak X, Y times, before upgrading Zā€ technique yet still broke it a few times before reaching +15.

Now it may seem liked it actually worked, but it cost me another 10m+ to realize it was just plain RNG when I tried the same on my archerā€™s DGC. It used to be a +9 - now itā€™s just +6 with 1 potential left.

1 Like

Thank you very much for explanation, now I see your point. Will think again tomorrow morring, just done Miko secret quest =D

Just rng, I made +15 deathweaver tooth by just clicking anvils and laughing it off

for the vtb I just bought it

I only spent 38 points on str.
it looks high because of rank bonus and 5kg dumbell (+30 str if 10 stacks)

I only took some str for crown scaling.

Ic, the thing is, i canā€™t buy cuz i guess donā€™t have a single one +15 in my realm xD

Thank you all for your replies. Based on a new information a made a few changes to planned build:

0)This build is for my wife, sheā€™s lvl 217 Doppel now and playing mainly with me (cleric2-diev3-miko-pd2). Now sheā€™s 150 con, rest in STR (we have a stat reset potion). And we are NOT planning to make a skill reset trick for Doppel C3 attributes (itā€™s partly fixed - now every time you log off attributes goes off, we need to make it on every time we play).

My thoughts on some choises for a new build (rank reset scroll):

1)Swordman 3

• Pain Barrier 15 for almost 100% uptime with a new attribute
  • Restrain 15 for using with a Cyclone (solo playing)
  • Bash 3 for synergy with Punish
  • Concentrate 15 for extra 450 dmg line with high str

2)Highlander 1

• Mainly for +50% crit dmg attribute if we decide to go full Dex someday
  • Crown and Cross Guard are scaling with STR

3)Barbarian 1

• Only for Cleave 50% bonus dmg for Doppel skills

4)Doppelsoeldner 3

• DoV 15, Cyclone 15 must have for Doppel
  • Redel 6 for attribute (multihit skill)
  • Zuken 6 for attribute (multihit skill)

MEMO: just tested all the Doppel and Barb skills it looks they made a few changes in last patches, now Zuken and Redel is a true multihit skills and all the rest is not. Tested it with different weapons (only those 2 get the +x*dmg) and with Double Pay Earn lvl 2 (Seism and others now counts as 1 hit).

• Punish 1 for a leather targets
  • Double Pay Earn 2 for a grinding purposes (now lvl 2 works with 2 different mobs)

All the other skills are not multihit, other option here is Sturtzhau for a 2 hits AOE+3.

Any future advices would be appreciated, please!

take at least 1 zwerchau, itā€™s like cleave but itā€™s better