Tree of Savior Forum

Swordman 3 with Doppel 3 - is it worthy for PVE?

Hello!

I have a question (at the end of the post), advice needed.

My wife is having a SW1-Pelt1-Barb3-Doppel3 build now, thinking of swithing to SW3-Barb2-Doppel3 (because of rank reset potion).

Exact build is:

How do you thinks is this build good or just stick to the current one?

Thanks in advance!

Depends on your playstyle, is sword 3 worth it? definitely is, sword 3 can probably fit in a lot of swordsman build, the question is - are you willing to sacrifice the barb 3 damage for pain barrier? pain barrier lvl 15 with the new attribute is really great.
If you go that route i’d suggest doing sword 3 hl 1 barb 1 instead of barb 2, for cartar stroke and 50% critical attack attribute.
You can’t really ever go wrong with swordsman c3, pain barrier lvl 15 and restrain are amazing skills and will really help you in r8 stunning mobs or in boss fights avoiding knockdown.

Was thinking of it, but:

• we have STR build (50% crit gives nothing)
  • Barb2 gives War Cry, Fenzy (if boss alone), Seism (high AOE skill)

Cartar Stroke > Seism, esp with the new knock back double damage thing.
Warcry and Frenzy alone do not do much for you

Exchange some hats, get a stat reset. If you want this char to be relevant then High1 Barb1 and Dex build.
If the char doesn’t matter and you just want some fun then you can do whatever you want anyways - and then Pelta is a bit more useful for Grind and Farm to begin with.

check the doppel portion if you are still interested

I recommend SW3>HL>Barb over Barb 2 though

Gung-ho 15. Are you crazy? Bash lvl 3 is a must if you want to combo with Punish, rest on Concentrate. Don’t max Double Slash, low tier skills scale EXTREMELY BAD. Late game is all about Stage 10 weapons.
Punish 1 point, try to get something about 10+ AoEar, with a stage 5 Gale Slasher is about 400-600k damage on Leather type mobs.
Like i said before, skills scale really bad aside some R8 skills like Zwerchhau or Sturtzhau, so Redel 1 point, no more than that.
If you can, buy 2 skill reset potions and get the attributes, reset again and all these skills like Zornhau, Zucken, Redel 1 point, Zwerchhau 1 point as well, you just want the slash debuff, it has no overheat.
Bash+Punish you can solo 290 dungeon (full runs) easily with enough dodge and magic defense. I highly recommend taking those skills and follow Lostac’s guide.

Thanks you all very much!

I read the guide about DEX and it seems very strong but I see 2 points in STR:

• with high DEX we would have many “Dodge” so it’s harder to stack DoV
  • IMC speaks of buffing STR in the future

Does this points have a chance to live? :joy:

Why do we need Concentrate? 1 cyclone would end up all the bonus dmg from it…

P.s.: we did double skill reset to get attributes, ty for pointing that we would need it once more after rank reset!

my quote seems to be broken so i’ll just copy paste

with high DEX we would have many “Dodge” so it’s harder to stack DoV
^
magic attacks, and monsters will still hit you even with high evasion, don’t worry about it too much. There’s also lapasape mushrooms for emergency stacks

IMC speaks of buffing STR in the future
^
have to wait and see

Why do we need Concentrate? 1 cyclone would end up all the bonus dmg from it…
^
No, 1 cyclone = 1 hit taken from concentrate.
the only bad thing about concentrate is that it’s flat, not modified by any other multiplier and takes a buff slot.

Ohh, I see the point now. Thank you!

Just made some calculations:

Gung Ho lvl 15 gives +100 dmg * 1,7 (70% skill attributes) * 1,5 (cleave) = 255

Concentrate lvl 15 with 500 DEX = 277

With DoV full stacked we have a 2,5 multiplier on Gung Ho.

So in my opinion they are both good. Where could I be wrong?

Re read your guid, thanks for all the info, but if we are speaking about Full STR build, I see no point in HL. So barb2 is better as a filler. What do you think?

Why no point in HL?

Barb 2 - seism, half baked warcry (very bad compared to c3, trust me), frenzy (also half baked, no c3 attribute)

HL1 - 2h sword mastery attribute ( 50% more critical attack stat ), crown (scales with str on reduction), cartar stroke ( best strike damage there is to sw )

I see your point, mine is (we are lvl 317 now sw1-pelt1-barb3-dopp3):

Barb2
1)Seism is good for high AOE normal mobs (grinding).
2)Warcry on bosses gives only 5-6 targets (boss with pillars) so the difference c3 vs c2.
3)Fenzy even with c3 attribute sometimes just looses stacks (dunno why), so here it’s just in case of Boss without installations (Demon Lord Diena for example). And I don’t shure in this skill, because I need 10 hits - I’ll do more damage if fill this time with skills.

High1
1)2h sword mastery attribute with full STR gives +0 dmg.
2)Crown? How it scales with STR (doesn’t seen info)? And doesn’t it better to use the time on other high DPS skills?
3)Why do I need Strike? I don’t know why it is good compared to all my other skills with +50% from Cleave even on Slash resistant (-50% dmg) mobs…

Maybe my questions is very simple, but I’ve read many info and not so good at hardcore gaming to understand all the + and - of skill and stat synergies.

Please help me understood if I still have a chance)))

seism is high aoe but gives crap damage, it’s only used for stunning on higher level maps

you mean you don’t plan on getting critical rate items, at all? you lose big dps this way

if you have enough crit rate, this attribute is very good for str builds

slash skills = 25% penalty on plate monsters, strike+50%
^ cartar stroke has innate 1.5x modifier also. this is why it’s very strong

1)How much crit I could get from Items? I need at least 300+ for 30% critrate on lvl330… So I need at least 3 lvl 7 green gems on my Gale Slasher (I loose 3 lvl 7 red gems this way) and still have no idea on how to get it to 300+.

2)What is your suggestion for stat distribution at DEX build?

I see, this way it gives a point.

But still as I see it:

Double slash is 2dmg0,75(plate) = 1,5dmg (+35% crit chance)
Cartar stroke is dmg
1,5(plate)1,5 = 2,25dmg

Not so big difference.
And at 330 you don’t need to use r1-4 skills, as I see it.

This is my doppel, I actually use cartar stroke a lot, specially on et floor 1.

it’s only level 3 but it’s very strong specially with lethargy which is a common debuff.

my doppel is hl3 which has a lot of skills and I still use lower rank skills that are good.

Sw3 builds have less skills to use.

At the end of the day it all depends on the players style and how they want to contribute to the party. Even though most don’t consider it, it also depends on what device you use to play like KB/Mouse or Controller.

Thank you, it really helps a lot. Can you write what stat distribution do you use and what gear/gems?

Nulis also has yellow gems