Tree of Savior Forum

Switch to Least Populated chanell

As you change map why not switch to low pop channel? As it is now When I enter a building that has 1 channell, the game will send me to Klaipeda Channell 1 when I go out of it. Which is basically the worst nightmare. Why not make it easier for everyone?

3 Likes

Or better yet, why not just let us stay on the same channel the whole time, rather than changing channels in the first place?

1 Like

It is done in such a way by defualt however…
Some maps have only 1 channel, hence it changes to channel 1.

or did you mean 1 channel?
ugh that’s a horrifying thought… you’d get frame dropsfor days and it would be more demanding on everybody including the server. When you enter channell 1 it takes about 20-60 seconds to load initiate and display the world.
When you get connected to lower pop , same action is much more fluid.

If one of your hands can lift 30 kg and other 30kgs , why would you put 60kg load onto a single hand?

I dont get the indication of the channels thouh. Coz when I’m in a channel with just 1 white circle the lag is almost unbearable (5-10 secs delay). But when I moved to yellow circles (2-3), it is waaay better than the latter.

I think the circle thing is not accurate.

I mean something like picking channel 17 at character selection, and staying on channel 17 the whole session, instead of being forced to change channels almost every time you enter a new map. Although, I was unaware that some maps only had one channel.

Well that’s how it’s done right now, but some maps lack additional channels, especially from 70+ Gate of Kings onwards is even more insane laggy than 1-60 areas.

The method you described does not prevent you from going into highly populated channels, even Chanel 17 can get highly populated by an odd chance.

So far 3 days , lag isn’t getting any better , in fact I had much more stable experience day one.