Tree of Savior Forum

Switch Surespell and Quickcast

I was looking at those two skills again. And their effect/description. What jumps obviously is… these two skills should be switched around.

Currently:

• Surespell circle 2 (10/10): can be cast over 10 characters
  • Quickcast circle 3 (5/5): casting time -50%

So… any chance to spread Surepell to 10 people? I don’t see how you can… And when looking at the Quickcast description, it’s clearly stated that “The reduced casting time will not surpass 90% of the original casting time”… which means it CAN be reduced to 90% of original casting time". Perfect… now watch this:

• Quickcast circle 2 (10/10): casting time -90% (would be 85% at 9/10)
  • Surespell circle 3 (5/5): can be cast over 5 characters

Sounds more appropriate no?

It spreads to objects/npcs/summons/people outside your party.

1 Like

Funny story. I have a lot of wizards (11 I think). Any of them that includes C2 has Surespell maxed.
Simply for any scenarios where a partymember might have a use for that. I assumed everyone would do that.

Then I made an elementalist without Wiz2.
It’s a lot of fun, even without Surespell. But of course when you do get Surespell onto it from other sources, it’s nice.

I’ve been in a ton of parties, and with how popular wizards are, most of those parties had 2 more wizards besides me.
But the strange thing was… it never happens that I get Surespell. At some point I was convinced that Surespell must be bugged and doesn’t spread to partymembers…

But eventually I did get Surespell once, apparently due to Divine Might and sheer luck…so it turns out, literally no one takes Surespell above 1 xD

I’m not sure if that’s supposed to destroy any hope in humanity I had left, or if it means that there is reasons to rework Surespell :'D…

if you interchange both skills, the majority of Wizards probably won’t have any Surespell anymore xD

It could be better to make Surespell a 1 point skill and add an attribute that adds up to 4 targets and pull Quickcast to C2 & introduce a new skill/attribute for C3 that actually makes it worth choosing Wizard C3.

Cleric C3 had a good rework where there are solid reasons to choose Cleric C3 for the Healing Boost (could’ve been better if they kept the damage reduction attribute on Guardian Saint,though, maybe lowering it to 2% per attribute level or skillllevel so you receive at best 10% or 14% less damage while Guardian Saint is active).

Guild War?_?