Tree of Savior Forum

Swift Step needs work

I’ve touched on this in other topics, but I think it merits it’s own thread. Swift Step is supposed to make archers move and shoot faster, but it doesn’t feel like either of these happens. I took 7 ranks of Swift Step on my C2 archer and was pretty underwhelmed by the skill. The only use it seems to have right now, is that it can combine with other skills to give other bonuses by buying attributes. That part seems to work well, but it’s base abilities should work as written.

2 Likes

I have rank 10 of Swift Step, and the only difference thing i can see is i move faster while shooting but not shoot faster, i will think again about this skill.

1 Like

I’d like to see a high investment of Swift Step allow you to move almost as fast as normal running while shooting. Maybe you need to take all 15 ranks to get to this point, but there should be some reward for that kind of investment.

I mostly used Swift Step to combo with muiltshot, but even that felt awkward since the cooldowns didn’t match up. I had to choose to wait on multishot until SS came back up or use multishot and then not have it be ready when SS was up.

It would be nice if the Crit Attribute was on the first circle of Archer as well. Skill is completely useless for Quarrel Shooter / Ranger. :<

pretty sure these atri lvls has a high lvl hence u wont see the benefits early on i watched a vid on youtube where a guy spent 5mil on lvling up a atri so maybe when u get to around that ull notice it alot xD

The attribute levels only affect things like crit and damage when combined with another skill though. They don’t seem to have any affect on speed which is what I want most out of the skill (and what the skill claims to do in it’s description).

ah i forgot, it did speed a liitle up your attack.
U just need forcus on mob with CTRL, and then tap your Attack key while moving.
I feel it’s faster than just hold my attack key and shooting still

I found that to be true when Swift Step wasn’t active, so I’m not sure having it on makes a difference here.

Oh, i don’t know that…

are completly usless

I don’t understand why I keep seeing this. No idea about Ranger, but QS has one of the highest potential single target damage in the game with Stone Shot.

1 Like

Not completely. That Stone Shot though. BD

Mfw everything else is ass. ;;;;;;;;;;v;;;;;;

I was checking QS skills the other day and i think i saw a swift step 2.0 on circle 3, where you shooted running like crazy on a mount, cant remember what skill was.

I keep telling people this. It’s just the SP requirement is HNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGG.

The only thing the Quarrel Shot is good for is , the Ranged Shield. Spikes are pretty bad , multi-shot already plays the same role much better than spikes. You’re better off saving your sp for next round of multishots.
One out of 4 of your skills is… Stone picking …!!!
And dpsing skill is expensive and does no dmg.

In comparison Oblique shot costs only 10 sp on rank one and attacks 2 targets. Doesn’t need a shield.

I was doing 1.3k with my Stone Shots though. At level 60.

I think that’s reasonable for something with NO COOLDOWN. And don’t forget the extra defense from just having a shield as well.

Spikes actually have a really good function for attracting mobs so you can group them. And the damage is pretty okay.

Try regular Archer next beta.