Tree of Savior Forum

Surepsell Necessary for Psycho

This thread is now making me question taking up Cryo -> Kino 3 -> Runecaster -> Warlock

The biggest hole in my build is am really going to be prone to interruption but am trading that for party buffs and and additional skills to finish my own set ups. Is this still viable in PvE and GvG?

What I have in mind is I’ll be using RC skills before the heat of the battle where am expected to use CC more than do damage.

Am taking up warlock as c7 but am really looking at other classes in the future.

You need surespell. You will mostly rely on two spells. Gravity Pole and PP. If you get hit, you will jump around waiting for it to cooldown but what happens if you get hit again? There are a lot more long range mobs in higher levels.

My takeaway from this is that Surespell is a huge nice-to-have but not necessarily a must have.

I don’t mind kiting around if ever I get interrupted. So I guess I’ll do Runecaster on c6. For C7 however, I really have to see if Warlock is truly a one circle wonder or should I look at the new classes that are coming in.

1 Like

I would consider warlock one of the weakest rank 7 classes despite the high burst damage. Pole of agony is awkward to get full damage on (you need to remove an enemy from the pole then move them back in very quickly to benefit from twice the damage). The main place it shines is pvp since that’s where the low dps but high burst comes into play.

The main thing with surespell is that the lack of ensured damage is balanced out by psychokinos high potential for burst with cryomancer - around 60k per shot on a single target.

If that the case, Warlock may seem a viable choice because am planning to use my Psycho in mass PvP. However, Sage, Mimic, and Taoist sounds interesting. I don’t have any clue what an Omyoji does though.

If any of the new Wizard classes are utility based, I’ll probably take them up after c7.

If you plan to pvp, just take warlock and it’ll be fine.
I’m interested mostly in mimic but i’m prepared to be dissapointed lol. I’m hoping there will be a buff cleansing class tbh.

1 Like