Tree of Savior Forum

Support Wiz: Linker c2 or Linker+Thau?

Heya guys! I was doing some research in preparation for the OBT and I came upon a dilemma and I need the advice from people who might have more experience with these classes.

I wish to create a semi-support semi-attacker wizard build with linker, sorcerer and featherfoot. As I was creating my build, I noticed some very interesting buffs coming from Thaumaturge and that made me consider the alternative. Here are the 2 different builds I have in mind.

Wiz c1 - Cryo c1 - Linker c2 - Sorc c2 - Featherfoot

Wiz c1 - Cryo c1 - Linker c1 - Thau c1 - Sorc c2 - Featherfoot

Considering the buffs of Thau and the nerfs on Linker, I was wondering which of these 2 build would maximize dps and support for a group. Here are a few questions.

1- I heard that Linker c2 was not extra considering the nerfs it got and that the monster pulls never really had more than 6+ mobs. Is that true?

2- Also, Linker c2 can share buffs and damage with the party but would it be better to buffs individuals with Thau buffs and let people use their own buffs since they don’t always benefit the whole group?

3- Are there any buffs that can benefit the whole group to make Spiritual Link worthwhile?

4- Is the HP regen of Featherfoot shared with other linked members?

I hope I’ll be able to find some answers amougst you all. Thanks in advance to anyone willing to answer my questions.

1 Like

what skills u gonna use it?

1.-yes its better get linker c2 if you gonna use onli linker c1 u cant do so much for support the party, thau onli u can work with melee jobs

2.-onli some buffs can be shared not all (example some archer skills) and the damage can be reduced when all the party is linked but this not work with aoe skills

3.-yes we are many of them from other clases like summon servant from sorcerer can be shared

4.- i never try this one cause onli work with some mobs to drain the sp and the party evertime got a cleric or carry pots

1 Like
  1. Earth Tower which is the current end game content generally gives you waves of 20 mobs at once. Here is a video so you can kind of see how it plays: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Kll_lhhDog&feature=youtu.be&t=7m37s

2. There are a lot of strong buffs that can be shared. Swordsmen buffs that are normally self only where nice back in iCBT if they are still in style. Some buff attribute effects however do you come over things like the QuickCast’s 50% matk attribute.

3. Yes, the old swordsmen buffs I mentioned in 2. Surecast, Mackangdal, etc. I remember back in iCBT people would often run too far away and break the links though. Maybe some archer buffs like running shot as well but I forget what was said.

4. I believe it’s not a “buff” effect(no icon pops up on your character) so I would predict that it does not share.

Last thing I would consider is when you make your final decision is that Thaum’s Shrink body 75% damage reduction is under appreciated. So you do gain a soft CC out of it, not just the flat buff which wont mean much later and the double XP/Loot for double HP.

1 Like