Tree of Savior Forum

Support/Necromancer Questions

When i first saw the classes system for wizard and all the options, i was overwhelmed. After i saw all of the threads complaining about half of these classes, i am now UNDERWHELMED because im not sure which classes has the most potential as a fun and thorough class.
I have two ideas for which build i should try- Keep in mind i will be starting this game with 2 friends (both archer) so i will most likely have enough dps for a good portion of the early levels, thus why i want to go an off-support summon class.

i assumed that using Thaum spells (swell left/right arm), i can buff my skeletons to be slightly tankier and having good damage against mobs using Joint penalty from Linker. Also, instead of W2 i was thinking of Pyro1 because of the flame enchantment so my skeletons would deal even more damage, is it worth it? how much extra damage will it give? (Thaum buffs, Fire enchantment, Joint penalty using skeletons seems like a fun idea)

This build is a more of a full support with Alchemist only because it looks kind of fun, and my main job will just be to assist my 2 archers by increasing their dps and helping clear mobs.
(probably not going to use this one but just theory crafting because it looks kind of fun to play)

Off topic question- Which is better for a support build, C1 Sorcerer or C2 Necromancer?
Im probably going to go INT and SPR 1:1 (or 2:1) and i heard that SPR isnt good on Sorcerer.

Any tips?
Thank you! :wink:

Just go Wiz 3 -> Link 2 -> Necro2 / Necro1 -> Warlock. Link 2 is more than enough to support your team also Necro synergizes well with archers. Necro has the decay debuff which boosts missile damage by 100%.

If you really want a summoner build Wiz 3 -> Link 1 -> Sorc 1 -> Necro 2 would work as well. The cat buff especially the +aoe ratio helps boost the aoe capability of your flesh cannon.

Wiz 3 is mainly taken for the quick cast attribute which boosts your spell damage by 50%. I think that is the best solo buff in game.

I don’t think getting only chrono 2 is a problem. But If I was going to pick chrono it would have to be C3 for sure. Just my opinion btw
:3

The thing is, i Dont care too much about flesh cannon, even though its one of the stronger spells. Mostly focusing on being on off support summoner, which is why i want necro, so i can have my skeletons tank while i buff my teammates. Same logic for warlock, although it looks fun and very strong i dont think it fits with my goal of being a support

1 Like

Why is chrono 3 good? For pass? im still unsure how that works. I can see haste and quicken being good reason though.

Sorry, but skeletons are not capable of tanking at all. They will often die to 1-2 boss aoe. As of now their main use is to let you afk-farm.

As far as I can tell, neither thauma buffs nor enchant fire will affect your skeletons, and their damage does not scale with your stats at all. The same applies to corpse tower. The only way to boost their damage is to level their attributes, but here is the problem: each attribute level only increase their attack by 1.

If your intention is to make a minions based build, then go with sorc2 instead. Templeshooter remains as the best scaling summon in the game.

Are you sure that Thaum buffs dont affect them? Because i remember reading somewhere that all buffs affect summons and i know chrono buffs (haste, quicken) work on them

You mean all summons or specifically skeletons? Because there are currently 0 buffs that affect Templeshooter (summoning) and Salamion.