Tree of Savior Forum

Support/healing class damage skill skillfactor-ratio balancing

The healing class overhaul has recently been canceled, but I still believe that the damage skills that support classes feature do not have any point being invested since their skillfactor ratios have not been touched ever since Re:build has been put in place in 2018, which is 3 years prior now.
Meanwhile, normal damage skills of DPS classes have gone from a few 1000% to several 10000% to be able to cope with the high inflation in both HP and defense values of monsters in the recent episodes (11-14).

I propose an easy solution as to how to balance support class damage skills.

Just put about 1000% skill factor ratio per every second of cool down time they have on the skill.
The total value then only has to be balanced over the basic enhancement attribute, the number of hits and the number of overheat counts, and viola, you have a skill that is once again useful in actual combat.

I’ll list some examples as to how to calculate the damage:

1. Dievdirbys, Carve Attack

Cool down time = 35 seconds = total skill factor ratio 35000%

35000 / 1.6 (enhancement attribute) = 21875%

21875% / 5 hits = 4375% per hit

4375% / 5 overheats = 875%

875% SFR now only has to be sorted out against the skill factor growth by skill level (base factor + factor per skill level) and the skill can be a useful investment target again.

1. Kabbalist, Merkabah

Cool down time = 35 seconds = total skill factor ratio 35000%

35000 / 1.6 (enhancement attribute) = 21875%

21875% / 1 hit per skill level (maximum 5) = 4375%

4375% SFR now only has to be sorted out against the skill factor growth by skill level (base factor + factor per skill level) and the skill can be a useful investment target again.

1. Priest, Turn Undead

Cool down time = 15 seconds = total skill factor ratio 15000%

15000 / 1.6 (enhancement attribute) = 9375%

9375% SFR now only has to be sorted out against the skill factor growth by skill level (base factor + factor per skill level) and the skill can be a useful investment target again.

1. Pardoner, Decatose

Cool down time = 20 seconds = total skill factor ratio 20000%

20000 / 1.6 (enhancement attribute) = 12500%

12500% / 3 overheats = 4166%

4166% SFR now only has to be sorted out against the skill factor growth by skill level (base factor + factor per skill level) and the skill can be a useful investment target again.

As for the base factor, I suggest 40% of the total skill factor, since 60% of the skill factor can be easily divided by 15, 10 and 5, which is the number of skill levels a skill usually has.
The total skill factor would look like this:

40% + 4% per skill level for skills that have a maximum skill level of 15 (for example Carve Attack, Turn Undead)

Example: Dievdirbys, Carve Attack
875% = 350% + 35% per skill level
(385% at skill level 1, 525% at level 5, 750% at level 10, 875% at level 15)

40% + 6% per skill level for skills that have a maximum skill level of 10 (for example Nahash, Decatose)

Example: Pardoner, Decatose
4166% = 1666% + 250% per skill level
(1916% at skill level 1, 2916% at level 5, 4166% at level 10)

40%+ 12% per skill level for skills that have a maximum skill level of 5 (for example Merkabah)

Example: Kabbalist, Merkabah
4375% = 1750% + 525% per skill level
(2275% at skill level 1, 4375% at level 5)

gotta say briefly all i read is just buff cleric dmg.

trust me they wont listen to any request of buffing cleric dmg, especially support one, nor ktos community will like it.
they may look dont care but if any cleric dmg sector goodies “accidentally” implemented to clerics they will nerf it even before its alpha and even completely turn it into trash
they might even call it bug and pretend it is (this was even still happening to latest cleric patch)
so dont get jebaited by those ktos plans,test,videos etc.
just stick to itos alpha as it is the sh*t we will stuck with.

then again my suggestion if you still want to play this game is, its kinda harsh but its something i learn myself, and its free for you to listen or ignore it, is that if you wish to go for damage dont play clerics.

i hate the idea too as i love clerics, over 13 toons i have 12 clerics and 1 camper, i hate how their development path for cleric as of now. thats also why i prefer hiatus, or maybe quit

its stupid given how you should freely play class you love but it just doesnt work that way unfortunately
cause the developer already set its sail on how these classes role works and they wont change it

playing clerics, especially those stated supportive one, while you want high damage is like trying to eat soup with a fork. the situation even conclude something like: to be mediocre in damage is a bless already (or bug )

dont get me wrong, i play paladin, i love the class, i know its blue, i know its role, i hate each time they nerf them like the recent nerf to barrier, and i also wish for it to get it dmg buffed or even better having mechanic to give up its defensive/supportive capability for dmg through attribute or arts but then rigid imc decided its role is for support not for dmg, they dont like this kinda idea, they dont know this idea exist, or maybe ktos community will end up not gonna like it

whats more stressing is, among clerics who use “blunt strikes” which means smashing things with mace, there are only two notable skills (or they may only be 2) which purely represent blunt strike which are god smash and demolition. thats it. smite? cmon its just like auto attack in a tiny bit cooler way. holy smash? no no its too magic-y

demolition locked under class that destined not to be dps and even trait as booster lowering its dmg further

god smash are merely buff for the scissor as inquisitor mainstay is the cut

this situation is indeed absurd for players who want the combination class+dps+“smashing things with hammer”, what i call it blunt dps lover, as there are currently personally to me there are NONE.

i will give this game another chance if they make a cleric dps class which truly smashing things with mace, not this lackey situation.

unfortunately they currently focusing on new gears, preping more homework for busy veterans.

tldr;dont hope too much over clerics, either wait till iTOS d day implementation or take hiatus like me just hoping things get better (if it will ever be)
chillout you can always catch up by spending like two bucket of KFC chickens for the latest package lol