Tree of Savior Forum

Support Chronomancer?

Hey guys,
I wanted to know your thoughts on a full support Chronomancer. Is it possible?
I’m not very familiar with mages… How could I build one?

I was searching all the skills available and “Pass” really caught my attention so I suppose
Wizard-> ??? -> Chrono 3
is what I want… but how could I fill that gap with utility/supportish skills?

(I’ll level up this character with my friends since the very beginning. We’re starting a new journey and I wont be the DPS. So the efficiency of my damage isn’t something I’m aiming at all.)

@caioppessoa

The most basic/generic/mainstream chrono build is

Wiz>Cyro3>Chrono3

This is the most common chrono ul find

Cyro3 provides frost tree which stacks mob , ice wall to lock enemy and froze in pvp , the ice shield tht freeze physical attack and reflect dmg , with chrono pass … U get to do it quite often

This build is very cc/supporting hence why the most common

I like Wiz>Cryo3>Chrono3, it looks very solid.
But I wonder if Wiz>Cryo>Linker2>Chrono3 could be better.

I feel like Cryo is much more about PvP than PvE…

Hangman’s Knot kinda fills the Frost Pillar job and despite of not having Subzero Shield (which is very tempting) I could have more utility.

My main concern is that I would have almost no damage skills… and I never made a mage so I feel like I’m going to commit a mistake all the time. XD

Anyway, am I supposed to contribute significantly to the damage as a support mage?

@caioppessoa

That depends on ur build too actually

As support mage ye dont worry about damage i mean especially if ur a cyro3 , ur meant to be a cc/support mage

But imo i rather switch out cyro to pyro because ur fireballs can kill with linker2 as in cyro u only get ice spike which has to be near range / ice bolt for few second freeze / ice wall which does ntg for ur build

Theres a dps chrono tho , Wiz>Pyro3>Chrono3 tht would go for Sage at 8th rank for duplicate space/dimension magic = duplicate fireball , expand fire pillar

And theres also a super support which not really much people made ( so far ive seen 1 only )

Wiz>Pyro>Linker3>Chrono2 ( chrono3 at rank8) as a full con mage , here u can share the buffs with linker2 and linker3 u have lifeline ul give ur entire party the highest stats of each other which u will give the highest con to everyone and linking u can kill them faster with more links+fireball AND u can get chrono pass only 8th rank tho ( U can switch Wiz>Pyro>Linker2>Chrono3 >Linker3) if u like it tht way

1)What about stats? Any suggestions?

2)What about Wiz1 skills? Is Sleep or Lethargy any good?

I’ve made decision and I’ll take Wiz1 -> Cryo 3 -> Chrono 3.
I’ll definitely have Ice Wall, Subzero Shield and Frost Pillar maxed, but still haven’t dicided about Wiz 1 skills…

Max Sleep, 7s sleep is good, it better in late-content right now.
The rest is up to you, can pick up Energy bolt for push-back

There are just “Skill reset points”… so where is the Status Reset points?.. I have cryo 3 but i think i messed up the status.

But what about stats?

@caioppessoa with the choice of ur build , all cyro3/chrono3 is full con

Full con maybe? The reason is you need to survive to do support job. There are 3 popular route I ever saw:

• Wiz - Pyro/Cryo - Linker 2 - Chrono 3
  • Wiz - Cryo 3 - Chrono 3
  • Wiz - Pyro - Linker - Thauma - Chrono 3 (sometimes, not frequently)

Thank you very much. (:
You guys are awsome.

I went around 40 Spr rest into Con.

Wiz>Cryo>Linker2>Chrono3

Cryo instead of Pyro for the 125% MDef from shield Def attribute.

The damage a party gains is huge with hangman’s knot, and having Pass you can link two groups of 8 in quick succession.

Still trying to figure out what else to put my 9 left over linker skill points into though… Spiritual Chain looks alright, but I find with parties that there’s too many buffs and will effectively be bumping off useful buffs.