Tree of Savior Forum

☀ Dear IMC, can you help us have a better inventory?

When we are open our inventory, we are overwhelmed with tons of trash materials. Some are usefull, some are not.

My idea is simple: Once one of your characters have completed a quest / item, the item is registred in your lodge memory.
So when you drop a material your character “knows” what is it’s use, and the item happen to have a tooltip on it.

Like this poor exemple:

ideia de inventário ideal do futuro gg wp supreme

If it’s a quest item, you see a “quest icon” on it. If it’s a item for collection, you can see a specifc icon on it. If it’s for a blue, white, purple or red recipe, you can see the tooltip on it.

It would help people to save inventory weigth and time. Precious time.
Good for old players, and great for new players.

t h a n k s

6 Likes

I hope my text isn’t rude, but…

I don’t get it :confused:

could you explain the problem to me in more detail please :neutral_face:

Okay, it’s like that:

“I have this character, and I happen to have some “shaman doll core” in it’s inventory.
I don’t need those shaman doll core so I’ll use en as gem abrasive.
Imagine now that, miracously, in other character I have used the item “shaman doll core” to create a item from a white recipe.
Now I’ll not use the shaman doll core as abrasive, and will store it in my personal storage, because there is a small “white recipe” icon on the item. Now I know that it is usefull for a recipe, and will use another useless stuff on the inventory as gem abrasive.”

People have issues with heavy inventory. And can’t clean it with ease.

4 Likes

hmmm hmmm! i see I think I get it…

So, you want a linked inventory system that informs you of all the knowledge of all your characters and tell you what each need the items for instead of you having to manually and mentally do it…

It wouldn’t be farfetched cause the characters do live together, and the adventure journal is already linked if I remember correctly…

a linked inventory hmmm…

1 Like

Perfect.

ItHpps8[1]

1 Like

And the inventory addon proves that you can register the items all your characters have, you can have all the information at once.
To start with, I think a shared inventory for the common random items (recipes and materials) would also be great. All your characters have access to them already after all, it’s just that you have to die a bit inside when you transfer several things to other characters. A shared storage for this kind of items would save people time and trouble.
Not sure if/how possible it would be though. It does require the creation of a second inventory I think .__.

But anyway, I agree with your suggestion~
Being someone who needs to get the white hair and loves collections, it’d help a lot and save time :blush:

1 Like

they want you to inspect each item so you’d stay in the game longer.

kidding aside. i’m happy if the order of my inventory stays the same the last time i left them. mine keeps on scrambling whenever i use the search function or after loading screens. newly acquired items that was in the last of the item list suddenly jumps into the middle of my inventory chaos

at times i was confused why im heavier than usual, only to realize that i have a lot of talts in my inventory since i forgot to put them on storage since the list got scrambled (out of sight out of mind)

My only wish is to have sort in Team storage and also retrieve all items in one click …

2 Likes

i think “Tooltip Helper by Toukibi” on the Jtos side of the addon manager have something like that, have you tried it?

I think that game features are better than addons.
But most of the current addons are better than the game features. :tired:

4 Likes

yep.
Nothing more to say.

+1
/20characterssssss

then…

@Staff_Yuri @Staff_Ethan @Staff_Amy @Staff_Han

I get what u tryed to say

Making the inventory to tell u the item’s utility either for a recipe or maybe collection or even alchemist recipes

We used to have a great add-on tool that added the utility of any item in the item description, too bad that some months ago, it got outdated and having that add-on caused troubles and IMC forced u to uninstall it
It’s sad that a lot of ppl had to push game improvement by personal add-ons instead the game being released thinking about all of this

Like this:

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/uploads/default/original/3X/a/9/a931f0b9bb9d4244e3325b5b3fd517deba123fc9.png

You’re welcome

Good addons should be part of the game features.
Let en work.

1 Like

Many features of today were add-ons of the past…

cross fingers for the future :blush:

1 Like

I think a whole full inventory shared among all chars would be even better, but materials only could already be a good start. This type of inventory is not new to IMC. On Granado Espada (other game of the company) you can use 3 characters at once and the game kinda encourages you to create all the existing chars in game (you end up with 100+ chars). We can’t use more than one character here, but as far as it goes even ToS does encourage to make more than one character (look at Journal, Team Level and so on).

Therefore, I do not understand why they didn’t think yet about making the inventory be exactly like Granado Espada: whichever character you log, you’ll have all equip/consumables/materials/quest items and so on at once. The only exception is the already equipped equip which you’d have to unequip from the characters obviously. Later in the years GE added an “Equip Preview” in the barracks (i.e. much more like our charcter selection screen) where you can even unequip things there.

Is this being not done just to keep the limitations to give “Token” a reason to exist?
I think the other benefits already make up for the use of Token (dungeon entries, market fees, exp, mov speed above all). There really is no need to limit the user experience about his own inventory, silver and so on (i.e. Team Storage requiring “Token” to pass silver among your own chars… It’s YOUR silver, it’s YOUR chars. You can even buy things on one char and pass it on the other or whatever… so why all that?)

Seriously, I’ve never understood why the same company did not encourage this inventory system here as well.

Ah, I was forgetting: on GE you even do all quests only ONCE, which even gives more the feeling and breeze of your “account” (aka Team) to really be a “Team” (“Family” on GE). The other chars? Just grind them. We have exploration cards being given to all chars now, dungeons to level up. We DO have the resources to make this change and make ToS be a more pleasurable game, so why do not?

Anyway, forgive me for writing this long… but this inventory thing really makes me lose the reason :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Btw, I’d just like to add something really useful for when we’re thinking about suggestions:

Always assume the dev can do literally anything. The only real limitations are actually exceptions either technical or introduced by third-party/dependencies.

Like, you can have all information at once, split, paged, drawn, in text, in charts, even as monsters with inventory icon item as face and kill them to discard items.

Thinking this way should be better for opening more ideas for suggestions since it gives more freedom.

Oh, also, you shouldn’t always include a “this might be too hard to implement” to suggestions. Unless something is really complex, most suggestions if actually being implemented can actually add all their details without too much extra work for devs.

That’s the idea.

If freelancers can do this kind of good addon stuff for free, it’s just expectable that the ones that work inside ToS for a living, to do something as good as those. Unless we are talking the logic of the poor people that have rabbit like brains. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Cross fingers for the futere :champagne: