Tree of Savior Forum

Summoners Reset for Upcoming Changes

I hate to seem ungrateful and this might be too soon after the previous rank reset event, but I was wondering if we could get Class Rank reset / Stat pot / Skill pot for summoner classes. Most summoners in ToS are basically rotting in people’s character selection screen, turned into afk farmers, or got completely switched to a whole other class tree. What do you guys think about getting the resets one more time? Should we just wait till rank 9? Do you think others will make an outrage about how only summoners get reset (can be avoided if we all get sent via mail the resets so we choose to fix our summoners or other characters)?

You do know kToS recently got a patch that made summoners very viable?

And we’ll get that at some point?

Yea that was my point that when do get it (hopefully before rank 9) that we get a reset to “fix” or “adjust” our summoners in order to fully use the changes in our pre-made characters rather than after the patch.

or just u know lvl up a new one it so fast to lvl nowadays i dont get why people would need resets

Well when u make a new one you have to do multiple things like:
-Buy new character slot
-Lose Achievements
-Lose Hair Colors
-Transcended weapons get either destroyed or the blessed gems in them

Some other things one might consider. That is partly why resets are much better than remakes.

Reset for Rank9 was never promised.
I agree at least 2-3 rank reset for chosen character should be given in certain event.
Else, if all characters can be reset peoples just jumping on meta build and no idea what they are building.

Then, I don’t think summoner who build around reset event would need that.
They are not changing how stats work on pets, but only adding a new factor with weapon’s matk.

Except for they are changing the magnitude that it effects pet damage.

If say Str only gave +1 Atk each, people would focus more on other stats and only get enough Str to get enough accuracy. Say if that gets change later for +4 Atk, people would focus far more on the Str stat.

You already have people at the moment going 1:1 Int:Spr and other different flavours because of how little Spr effects pet damage, and now it is going to be far greater.

Unless I’m wrong? I don’t have access to KToS/KTest.

SPR isnt going to affect pet damage more, weapon damage will right now it doesnt matter what weapon you have for the pets dmg

Really? You mean my Full SPR Summoners aren’t going to get more damage from the Spirit? … Wtf IMC… o_O

SPR sttil affects the summon damage after buff.

Spr does give a LOT of damage to summon.

Not sure if spr got buff or simply the new pet damage formula make Spr worth it. But not going spr on a summoner or/and necromance will make your pet way weaker compare to someone with it.

Its because spr affect the summons skill factor, is %, then the higher the base damage, the more % will influence. Now the base damage for summons is too weak. Clearly my summon has tripled damage using full spr but 3x 4k base damage is little.

think i might have worded that badly what i ment is that spr is unchanged works the same as now

2 Likes

exactly so anyone who wanted to be a spr build could be one already. Hence no need for a free reset.

1 Like

I think what people are saying is that right now, the most effective way to build a sorc is with an INT build. When these changes go through, pet damage will shift over to SPR, meaning lots of sorcs are going to want to respec to SPR.

I made a SPR circle 1 sorc alchemist in anticipation of the changes and it’s miserable to level with in the current state.

SPR seems to be multiplicative with your summon’s damage, including the weapon damage that gets added onto your summons after that summoner buff patch.

In other words, you will definately want to go full or near full SPR for summoners even after the patch. Possibly even more so now that summons will make up a bigger portion of your damage than your own attacks do.

The thing is, It don’t seem to be based on your attack at all except for your weapon Matk.
I saw a video from the change and 0 to full int there was 0 change in is summon dps.
Meanwhile going full spr double and more is summon damage.

Yes, that’s why I said “weapon damage” in my post.

Post-summon buff patch, summons get a portion of the MATK on your weapon (about 50% for skeletons, it seems. But ONLY the MATK on the weapon. So INT doesn’t add anything). This then seems to get multiplied by your SPR just like their base damage does (and currently does).

Therefore SPR will be just as relatively powerful post-patch as it is right now because it (apparently) still multiplies your summons’ ENTIRE damage, even after they get your weapon MATK added on (after the patch that we don’t have yet). If anything, it will be even more valuable cause after that summons will make up a larger portion of your total damage than your own attacks do (thus it’s more wise to multiply their damage with SPR instead of increase your own with INT)

No because pet damage in already on SPR in our game. We just don’t have the weapon matk scaling change yet. The flaw in your logic is we already have the spr patch and did for the reset event.

That’s a surprise, I’d read that pet damage is still based on INT when I made the character. Even after the patch it’s hard to find up to date information on class mechanics. The in-game tooltip for SPR says nothing about summon damage. Only summon HP and evasion.

Doesn’t help that SPR scalings and such aren’t even on the skill tooltips. Why does Blessing not have any mention of spr scaling?