Tree of Savior Forum

Suggestions for intense class rebalancing: Alchemist

Suggestions for intense class rebalancing: Alchemist

Disclaimer: english isn’t my native language, sorry for any silly mistake.
Disclaimer 2: unfortunately, I can’t unread what I’ve read. Some of the suggestions posted here were already thought, at least in a similar aspect by someone else. I have bad memory and can’t tell who said what. I did not mean to copy you, please, if you see your idea here, consider it a humble praise.

Hello, I have a few suggestions, I know translating can be hard so I will try to be brief. (Edit: sorry, I failed.) I know that Alchemists aren’t meant to be in the frontlines of battle, but some of theirs skills are just almost useless the way they are. I’ll try to expose what I think is wrong with them and what I believe could fix it trying to respect the goal of the class.

Combustion - In paper this skill is cool, an alchemist that can sacrifice an item to deal damage. Other classes can deal a lot more damage than this without spending anything else besides SP, which this skill also spends. It’s also limited by AoE Attack Ratio, which is bad for a magic attack. My solution would be: add a new attribute that can be toggled on/off, when on, this skill will not consume items/silver but will deal its original damage. When toggled off, the skill will deal boosted damage. Even though Alchemists aren’t offensive the sacrifice should feel worth it. Right now nobody uses that skill.

Dig - Everytime I tried using this, it only gave me useless items. Make it have a relatively rare chance, but humanly possible, to give recipe ingredients. The higher the level of the skill, either the higher level of recipe ingredients or the better the chances. Make it have a low chance of giving special items that can be used for Magnum Opus. Very small chance to find (more about these below): Mystic Dust, Premium Awakening Stone, Premium Briquetting Stone, Reset Stone.

Item Awakening - The process is simply boring. Doing it once is okay. But then you don’t get an useful stat and you have to try again. While it’s fairly fast for some blue items, have you guys tested it with Sissel Bracelet? It’s a pain to keep retrying. Also, costing a potential for each try is too much. It should be like gem slots, and cost only 1 potential to open an Awakening slot so you can keep retrying. The Premium Awakening Stone would still be useful to preserve that potential, and players will surely want to use it for the new lv350 weapons. But right now it’s a tedious task and most of the time the stats aren’t even worth it.

By giving new interesting stats would only make the skill better, here are some ideas (these bonus may seem small, but when combined might prove useful):
Armor (Top, Bottom, Gloves, Boots, Shield):
+40% durability
+5% defense
+2.5% magic defense
+1 AoE attack ratio (gloves only)
+5% accuracy (gloves only)
+30 attack speed (gloves only)
+15 attack range (gloves only)
+10% block penetration (gloves only)
+5% block rate (shield only)
+3 movement speed (boots only)
+5% evasion (boots only)
+10% of your STAT A to your STAT B
+10% chance to reduce received magic attack damage by half
+10% chance to reduce received physical attack damage by half
+20% chance to evade damage from pierce attacks
+20% chance to reflect 30% damage from strike attacks
+20% chance to reduce durability of foe’s attacking weapon by 2 when receiving a slash attack

+10% stamina recovery
+5% hp recovery
-10% hp recovery interval
+2.5% sp recovery
-5% sp recovery interval
-5% casting time
+5% chance to resist debuffs

Accessories (Hats, Necklaces, Bracelets)

+2.5% physical attack
+7.5% critical attack
+2.5% magic attack
+7.5% magic amplification
+5% critical rate
+5% accuracy
+5% evasion
+5% chance to increase silver dropped by 50% on each kill
+5% fire/ice/earth/lightning/holy/dark/psychokinesis elemental resistance

Weapons
+5% physical attack
+10% critical attack
+5% magic attack
+10% magic amplification
+7.5% critical rate
+10% critical attack
+10% damage against races*
+10% damage against sizes*
+10% chance to burn for 10 seconds when using fire property attack
+10% chance to shock for 15 seconds when using lightning property attack
+10% chance to silence for 5 seconds when using holy property attack
+10% chance to blind for 10 seconds when using dark property attack
+10% chance to freeze for 5 seconds when using ice property attack
+10% chance to slow for 10 seconds when using earth property attack
+10% chance to poison for 15 seconds when using poison property attack
+10% chance to crash the game when using psychokinesis property attack
+15% chance to bleed for 8 seconds when attacking without element
+if your weapon is transcended, adds +0.125% chance to drop mystic dust (more info below)

Briquetting - Premium Briquetting Stone so it doesn’t consume potential, the same as Premium Awakening Stone, and a Premium Reset Stone so you can revert your equipment to its original state.

Tincturing - Some new potions would be nice, % damage, % buffs, with attributes to increase the duration time for everyone that consumes it, potion effect +50% if the person who drank the potion is from Alchemist class.

Magnum Opus - Make new recipes more useful, for example, to make an Aspana Revolver you need 57 Kugheri Symbani’s Sword, an item that drops from Kugheri Symbani with only 0.27% chance, that same monster also drops Kugheri Symbani’s Hat Ornament (0.63 %) and Kugheri Cloth (2.33 %), make it possible to gather these items like 3, 5 or 10 of them to make 1 Kugheri Symbani’s Sword. Make some Magnum Opus recipes let you use items received from the skill Dig be used as substitute.

Gem Roasting - Make gems roasted need less exp to upgrade, increase effects efficiency, maybe new colored gems with new effects.

Alchemistic Missile - Increase the number of hits with the level of the skill or remove the cast time.

Homunculus - Player can feed Mystic Dust to expand the lifetime of Homunculus.

Homunculus new attribute from Alchemist Master NPC: Players can combine the created Homunculus with a Blue/Red Monster Orb to turn the Homunculus into that monster and it will last for the lifetime of the Homunculus. Blue Orbs gets 25% more defense and magic defense while Red Orbs gets +25% attack and magic attack.

New skills

Alchemistic Body - When taking damage, there’s a chance that improves with the level of the skill that the damage will be reduced and consume your SP and Stamina instead.

Throw Potion - The Alchemist throws a potion in the targeted area. Attributes for new potions recipes:

Brew Base - sold at Alchemist NPC, required to craft other brews.

Incendiary Brew - A potion that engulfs its surroundings on fire. Enemies inside the area of effect may be afflicted with burn. Consumes 1 Incendiary Brew.
Brew of Infection - A potion that spits poison for a short duration. Enemies inside the area of effect may be afflicted with decay. Consumes 1 Brew of Infection.
Brew of Revealing - Reveals invisible monsters/players. Consumes 1 Brew of Revealing.
Possible more others.

I hope this also helps inspire and give you guys some more ideas that I couldn’t think of.

6 Likes

Yep, the fact that Alchemist here doesnt heal or support or even has a decent attack related to potions or explotions its highly dissapointing

I get it, there are “merchant” classes but they could also add more skills to those so the potential of the class isn’t lost into mediocricity

2 Likes

Homunculus should be permanent imo. The AI is dumb at it’s best, would be cool if it becomes a permanent companion that could be upgrades through magnum opus recipes (instead of orbs which are a pain to drop only to upgrade a thing that will disappear soon) but requires a consumable item to be summoned after some time (no AFK farming, as if)

Briqueting needs to have a shop to avoid problems of potential lost on trades between characters and should be able to be used by players without token too. It also need to become better with more levels, right now the best level for it is 1 because the gamble is lower. Make it that the result become better with the higher level not potentially worst.

4 Likes