Tree of Savior Forum

Suggestions for class balancement in pvp

Well, I intend with this thread to expose some of my thoughts about the current pvp system. I see many complaints about the balancement in this game because there are skills that can decide the victory. For an example, a chronomancer that use haste will give a lot of advantage for a team, as well as would a diev with ausrine.

My point is that it’s very difficult to balance the game nerfing or buffing skills or classes, although it can be effective in some cases. It’s hard because some classes have a great dps, others have good heal, others have evasiveness, others cc, if you nerf one you will just harm the users, and the problem will keep. If you nerf all you will maintain the equilibrium, however the battles may be longer and maybe boring, and some classes could lose their brightness.

TOS have a great variety of classes, some classes are useful for pve content, others to pvp, or open afk shops. And it makes the game not so homogeneus, resulting in battles that each team has different chances to win (Imagine a TBL party without a cleric, vs a party with cleric. Or one party with some guys that have a pve build, against other focused in pvp chars).

My suggestion is that you could reduce the number of players in a pvp team, to decrease the complexity of the battle, because the battle is very complex and the duration is very short. For an example, you can’t even know the class build of the foes you are facing, and they have a lot of skills then you can’t make a strategy with your team to defeat them, the battle is a little random at this aspect. If the party would have 2 members in each side, would be easier to see which kind of strategy they are adopting, and think in a manner of win.
Other suggestion is that we could choose our ally before the queue, it also reduces the randomness of battle, once you can wisely choose an ally that fits with your char, have some sinergy, can combine strategy previously, it would make the battle more interesting.

I don’t know if equipment status counts in TBL, I think it can harm the balancement of pvp too. But you can’t ignore the aspect of gearing a char that is very interesting in a mmo. My suggestion is to differentiate 2 kinds of equipments (just like others games do) pvp gears, and pve gears. Pvp gears could be obtainable trough pvp games, and pve trough pve content.

I know that some of my suggestions could take a long time to implement, but I believe that it could make the game a lot more interesting. Thank you for reading my thread.

(and sorry for my bad english, I did all that I could to make the thread understandable, if there is some doubt don’t hesitate to ask :wink: )

1 Like

TOS is not a PVP game. It can be called PVE game with PVP elements to chill. And lets not forget TOS is also a casual game, so no need for balanced PVP to begin with. I am too lazy to link all those whinethreads and cheaterthreads from general discussion.

huehue

Tos is not interesting in pvp currently, however the game was designed to have pvp and imc must improve pvp and end game content to make the game more attractive.