Tree of Savior Forum

Suggestion: Wipe Before F2P Launch :)

speak for yourself

the time they spent?

1 Like

Not everyone has the luxury of time to spare like you do. If IMC would make wipe, casual players will lose interest to start over and huge chance they’ll not be back any sooner.

You might say that “casual players” are minority. However, a loss is a loss.

We’re talking about “players without luxury of time”… in grind simulator with 600 levels?

1 Like

Like in moba games there is elo status. Less then 1% of the players are going to get lvl 600 here in “grind simulator with 600 levels”. Even so they will keep playing because that is what players do. And obviously just a tiny, tiny minority wants that wipe you are proposing.

I don’t understand why people think a wipe would solve anything.

Bot Crisis:
This wont be solved by a wipe and only will become worst when free to play comes online. A wipe wouldn’t stop bots from resigning up even if they made an anti-bot method it doesn’t always stop bots and people find ways to beat them all the time. I’ve never seen a online MMO without bots/macros at most I’ve only seen bots act more normal where at first glance they may not seem like a bot.

Fair Players Lose Nothing?:
They lose everything because a wipe would be doing nothing to help out the fair players. There progress would be lost and all because they don’t have measures to stop bots.

Compensation:
EXP scrolls, Dungeon Resets are a joke and while it’s nice to got something when the servers was unstable I find the items slightly useless. (I also wasn’t looking for any type of compensation while servers was messed up as I understand the first few days of MMO are awful and while it wasn’t good it wasn’t the worst I ever had.)

Everyone Crying:
Silver Buys (Would re-buy again when bots sell again.)
Silver Sellers & Bots (Wouldn’t care as they would be up in running again.)
Fair Users (Would Cry after having to redo everything again and playing story over again.)

Who will play just because they already paid?:
Yeah, That would be a great way for people to learn never buy a product from the sellers of the game ever again so any future games would suffer along with this game.

I’m sure some people wouldn’t mind a wipe however I and many others don’t want to see our progress go threw the window. I can understand wipes for beta but this isn’t a beta this is Early Access the game is fully live right now.

This wouldn’t be punishing bots as much as it would punish real players. They would be punishing real players over the action of bots and silver buyers when they could just simply punish them without effecting us.

Removing Free to Play:
I find it funny when people say making buy to play or even pay to play would stop bots. I hate to break it to you but the game is currently buy to play right now if you think about it as you have to buy an Founder Access to even play it.

If you think pay to play would be any different your wrong as it’s the same thing as buy to play however you have to keep shelling out cash every month. This would help pay for newer content however doesn’t stop anything with bots as they just need to pay for the game for a month as most bots tend to be banned within a month and a new bot replaces it.

The only slightly good side there may be slightly less bots then a free to play however you’ll see about the same number you currently see right now.

1 Like