Tree of Savior Forum

Suggestion to replace Linker AND elementalist class

With what nikofebri said in thread Suggestion To Remove Elementalist from the game

Either a Aeromancer or Anemomancer (Wind) or Geomancer (Earth).

Link is just too good for a class. Even with nerf. With it gone, everything else can be stronger without the worry of linker skills.

Just a thought, not something very serious.

Yours and the other thread wasn’t, that I’m sure of.

You want to take a unique class, that other games don’t have (not that I’m aware about), to replace for a copy of a class/job (more like Job Geomancer have on FFT series).

They are unique. But i see linker causes a lot of problems with other skills and many people get it because of the big boost of dps. Almost all my wiz have at least one rank of linker in it. Makes it so good that its hard to do without.

And what does FFT mean? And i have never played an online game with geomancers or aeromancer in them… so it would be new to me.

Anyway, it probably will not happen. I was just suggesting.

No offense, but how can you not know what FFT is? I don’t think Linker needs to go since linking mobs is unique to ToS I think. Maybe they just need to add damage cap.

http://www.ign.com/wikis/bravely-default/Jobs - > Take your pick out of these selections… If we are going to come up with real classes why not borrow some from a game with similar styles :stuck_out_tongue:

I only think of removing it because its too useful compared to other classes. it makes all single skills way more powerful and multiplies it. there is one turn off and that’s resistance mobs that can turn a player off from getting the class. I guess im so tried of having a linker rank in the build because its just that good.

I can take a guess…final fantesy…something? idk what the T stands for… =/

WOW! thanks! those classes look cool. :open_mouth:

Again, the problem with single targets being made OP can be solved by AoE ratio and Link damage cap. Skills have AoE ratio so even if you knot the mobs together it’s supposed to hit 1 or 2 and not steamroll the entire bunch, and link damage need to have a cap of transferable damage (example: 100% (inital skill damage) + 100% (cumulative damage transferred from other linked mobs) for a grand total of 200% damage magnification)

Ya, but that wouldn’t stop me from getting the class again because its still too good with 200% damage. So all my wiz would have linker class anyway. :confused:

Unless im not understanding… Having 5 mobs linked and even just 100% of the damage hitting all 5 is really good. Without link my single hitting skills only hit one mob while link spreads it out.

You can do that OR you can change that one Linker circle for a whole other class with more damaging skills like Kino or Elementalist. You’re the one limiting yourself, don’t push the blame on Linker.

That’s true. We are getting a over haul on all the skill damages, so this could be fine after the new patch. But i don’t think i’m blaming on linker? It doesn’t have to be removed. It was only a suggestion. Not a must have thing. I just read a lot of problems about it from many other people and i have played with it many times. And a change like this wouldn’t happen without many people agreeing on this type of change. If i was guessing, linker would only be nerfed and not removed, which it already is. I am happy about that too. Makes me want to pick other classes now. lol

Nerf Linker it is then. Glad to know we’re on the same page.

lol, yes Kupomancer. I was never on another page…unless you read faster than me. x_x

Final Fantasy Tatics, jeez

Oh, thanks for telling me. :slight_smile: Least i had final fantasy right. Never crossed paths with that game though. I haven’t played all the final fantasy games and there are so many games out there too.

Yah since property attacks are solely ice, fire, lightning, dark, poison and holy. Why not add earth damager class.

Whats interesting is that we have fire, ice, dark, and poison base classes yet we don’t have earth, lightning, and holy. It makes me think that the rank 9 classes might have one or more of the three. though we have two dark classes (sorc and war). Necro seem dark but not sure since i don’t see dark element on the skills. Like raising the dead with skeletons usually is a dark class in other games. The decay makes it a poisoning dark type build. And maybe enchanter will get more lightning skills? It has agility boost like lightning reflexes and turning all skills into lightning damage from enchant lightning (if that’s correct?). It would be interesting. lol

Link is very problematic, is it not? :S

You want 2 ranks in 4 months from zero? not gonna happen, also linker is pretty toned down with the new notes, if not dead (need more data). I don’t think a game ever scrapped something like this and done other thing completely different. Keep you hopes down, it’s IMC