Tree of Savior Forum

Suggestion Sell Beta access

Virus? the only virus here are leechers who has no money to offer for the game. facepalm

6 Likes

That’s exactly why alot of recent games sell beta access, to counter those hoarders.

2 Likes

The System you want to be used for Tree of Savior is called Shark / Big Spender Payment System, aka Found Pack System. This system was introduced by Nexon and other Publishers for Games with a low success rate to get fast as much money as possible, to not have to worry about the endgame balance.

Many other companies adopt this system and these games never succeed, the only game currently known who is successful with it is Star Citizen, but even this game has not a 100% sucess rate.

Why is this system bullshit?
because many games today have a huge starter community (100k+ players on the first day) but a weak endgame content, with this the DAU decreasement is starting after around 2months when the first people start to leave the game because they notice that the endgame content is boring and do not offer new stuff to the people.

when the DAU drops under a special value (probably 30%) of the initial starter DAU, the company removes the marketing from the game, the next step is the support gets decreased and development gets stopped. from this point, the game will last till the first day where the revenue can not handle the cost anymore. then they will implement tiered spender packs to get back people into the game for another 30 days, and after 14 days they will announce the close of the game with a big “Enjoy the last days” promotion where everything costs only 5% of the original value.

You want this system for TOS? I don’t think so.

Kind regards
Gardosen

8 Likes

well we had this discussion long time before and in the end, people said “we dont like it, although we would buy it”

Which game never succeed lol no example whatsoever.

This is an RPG hello RPG’s are mostly about end game. Boring endgame what bullshit are you talking about…

3 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Founders Packs! (What if):

here is an older thread about it

Honestly, like i said, that work for long beta periods (like PoE did) but for a beta access for 7 days its not worth it, besides that, what kind of pack it would be? We dont have a rought idea how the CS (if any) will be or sell, does it have items that give any advantage to the player? If yes, seriously the game will die fast on my side, if not, just cosmetics, great, that would work for me, even if they decide to make time based cosmetics (MS do that and tbh, i think this kind of bussieness is ridiculous, but its only my opinion), bank stash or caracter slots, something that wont break the game.

But like i said before (3rd time now) its not worth that kind of stuff at the CBT, since its only 7 days.

Ew…
Really?
Like ArcheAge?
It’ll be really sad if that really happened.
That’ll make it obvious to make a pay to win game.

No please no stupid founders packs, I don’t even approve of beta testing fluff that some people feel RNG’d out of.

These early betas will probably be really laggy/buggy and even though a lot of people want to play desperately, it might not be all that fun.
It’s really not worth the money or a good nights sleep.

That’s like… your opinion. I think getting access to a game I really want to play, even in a Beta state is worth some money, ofc I’d not pay something like $50 dollars for a key, but I know some people that might.

I like this idea but I recently purchased beta access to a game I couldn’t even play, so that should be a consideration. However it would Weed out some players that don’t intend to contribute and would raise money for the developer.

Beta access pay to win what are you smoking?

Dont worry, no zombies :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

One thing i can say for sure, if the CS of this game, independent of being beta or release, offer crap like boosters or gear, im definetly out, honestly that model busseness is the most stupid, it can work on Asia, but here its a down, at least for me it is, it take the whole fun of the game, i dont like grinding, i know IMC is doing their best to insert content on the game, im glad they do some in depth research on that matter, but i dont want to work my way through the game by actualy playing, and get in the end and find some diaper wearing scrub wearing stuff that he just pulled out of this CC.

Well then get out of here and play Pokemon or whatever. What is this charity…

1 Like

they need beta testers for testing

if you make people pay to play a beta nobody is gonna test

oh sorry if i hit the nail in the head lmao.

Not really, but still its not worth to pay for beta access for only 7 days, if the beta would run for around 1 month and give you some CS items at OB or release then its another history.

true underaged will still pay for beta accesses

I dont get your point, if you where talking about P2W stuff on CS i would get it, but for a beta access and to give some hand to the company you say its underaged? Now i say i read everything.

But in the end, for this game CBT is not even worth because of the time (1 week) anyway.

once you are older you will understand