Tree of Savior Forum

[Suggestion] Sapper C3: Target Dummy skill

Hi!

I’ve played as a Sapper in the iCBT 2 and loved the concept but I didn’t want to go to C3 because I think it’s not rewarding enough. It was better to get another rank with new skills.

TL;DR: Add a new skill for Sapper: Target Dummy. The target dummy could consume Cedar Wood. The target dummy would affect a small or medium circular range provoking monsters inside the circle. The target dummy would provoke more monsters and/or have a greater range and/or have a longer duration based on the skill level.

Optional: The Target Dummy trap could explode or be detonated just like the Claymore concept but weaker.

[Intro]

Sappers are master of traps but it also means they’re masters at deceiving the enemies. They are great for killing a group of monsters together and this means they shine in crowded places.

On maps which have have less monsters there are ways to lure them to the Sapper’s attack range. Also, the traps are already a kind of aggro target which attracts aggressive monsters.

But there are non-aggressive flying monsters in non-crowded areas which makes almost all of the Sapper skills useless to a certain degree. Sure, you can lure monsters if you don’t go too far away and combine your skills to make a nice combo which still works on flying enemies without depending on your other ranks. You can even use some skills from the Archer tree that works as a target to lure aggressive monsters.

I think the game should add the provoke mechanic for non-aggressive monsters to the other trees instead of keeping it only for Peltastas.

I would also suggest that the Sapper C3 gets more skills that focuses on Flying-type monsters to be more rewarding.

[Real suggestion starts here]

Based on this I would like to suggest a skill for Sappers which creates a Target Dummy that provokes a certain number of monsters inside a small or medium circular range. The number of monsters affected and/or the range and/or the target dummy’s health points would scale with the Skill Lv.

Skill name: Target Dummy
Description: Puts a Target Dummy in the ground which provokes nearby enemies.
Range: Similar to Paladin’s Barrier skill.
Consumes: 3 Cedar Wood.
SP: 60.
Cooldown: 60 seconds.
[Optional] Attack: 150% + 100.
[Optional] AoE Attack Ratio: 5.

Optional:
Allow the Target Dummy to explode or be detonated just like Claymore. There could be one of these mechanics:

1. Triggered detonation: Just like Claymore. If the Sapper triggers the skill again it explodes.
  2. Time based detonation: It explodes if it the skill times out. It won’t explode if it runs out of HP.
  3. HP based detonation: It explodes if it runs out of HP. It won’t explode if it times out.
  4. Time and HP based: It explodes if it times out or runs out of HP.
  5. All of them: It explodes if anything happens but can also be detonated.

Possible attributes:

1. Range increase: Lv.1 to Lv.5.
  2. AoE Attack Ratio increase: Lv.1 to Lv.5.
  3. HP increase: Lv.1 to Lv.5.
  4. Remove Knockback: Lv.1.
  5. Enhance: +1% like every Enhance attribute.

[Alternative ideas/concepts]

1. Beast-type and Flying-type: If my suggestion is too overpowered. Target Dummy could provoke monsters based on a specific smell so it would only affect beast-type and flying-type (bird) monsters. (By googling: Cedar attracts birds and animals.)

2. Beast-type only: If my suggestion is too overpowered. Target Dummy could have a specific cloth with a specific color or scent so it would only affect beast-type enemies.

4 Likes

Tbh I think it would work for scout but for sapper no cause sapper is supposed to be a master of traps and explosives not utility or distraction

1 Like

I agree but tbh I would like to see something like this in any Archer tree class. There’s no need to be a Sapper skill as there are other classes that also fits the job.

The main reasons I suggested it for Sappers are:

1. The Sapper skills are focused on monsters on the ground.
  2. The trap concept is something like to trick monsters and a Target Dummy is excellent for this job.
  3. It have explosives in my suggestion! (Kidding :grin:)

I do think it would be a great addition to Scout C1.

I understand the current claymore explosive isnt as good as the other traps As for c3 maybe a legit landmine that can stack ahaha. If this exist maxing detonated traps maybe worth maxing.

Oh, the claymore is quite good if you add attributes and get Lv.10. I got my 18k best hit with it. I think that Claymore at Lv.15 and attribute Lv.80+ can hit 25k+ to 8 monsters every 30 seconds. To strong monsters I usually hit about 4-7k (without critical) and 10-12k (critical) which are still good hits on multiple targets.

I’ve also one-hit some players on PvP by hiting about 6.5k (critical) with a claymore hidden behind scenario objects :v

But I wouldn’t get C3 without damage to flying-type enemies. Having a landmine similar to the boss trap would be really nice too.

Yes it does large damage but in a cone not aoe and worst of all it has a long cd the landmines I’m suggesting mechanic wise is like maybe by charges say u can stack em up for 6 stacks something like a overheat skill

1 Like

Oh, they would be nice. There could be also some flying-type traps which works like the cannoneer skills which hits -50% on non-flying monsters. I would definitely try C3 if it gets implemented.

I loved this idea. You have my support.

1 Like

nice ideia!!! they have to notice this.

1 Like

Id like to see this given to scout too hahah…I agree Archers need more PvE utility. They are PvP powerhouses currently :smiley: I think a “Taunt” trap could work against Demi-Humans, it could just say silly things to incite them to attack it.That seems to fit Sappers better :smile: