Tree of Savior Forum

Suggestion: Revamp Gem System

First of all, I appreciate IMC developers are revamping all systems 1 by 1.
Things are getting better while seeing the upcoming Boss Cards changes.

I also hope the developers also has put “Revamp Monster/Color Gem System” as one of the task list as well. The reason is that the itemization of current ToS is so poor that it only emphasize on raw value but lacking of special effects to make each gameplay more unique. Slots that we having now are actually very potential to greatly change this with minimum of development and maintenance efforts, it may also increase the value of hunting-ground/dungeon by giving specific gem.
(especially if able to make it in-depth like diablo2 rune system, but we can start with some basic changes first)

Some weapons may have special effect like Audras/Ignition/Blood Dagger, but due to how this game will obsolete or outdated low level weapons, hence the maintainability to keep the special effect will be very difficult as it require introduce more high level items of same effect.
Example: Cafrisun Set and Manahas Set
To solve this issue, instead of the effect rely on item itself, it might be good to “outsource” the special effect on Gem, which is a trade off from color gems.

So, Gem System actually has been abandoned for long time since the first day of Official Release, the gem system we are having is exactly same with CBT, there is also no new gem for Rank7/8 classes.

Suggestion:

1. Add effect on existing monster gem (or unlockable with lv2/lv3 monster gem < will be upgradeable) that can modify basic C1 skill of each classes , example:
    Leaf Bug Gem: Energy Bolt
    lv2: It will shoot 2 at once when equipped on weapon.
    lv3: It will shoot 3 at once when equipped on weapon.
    Deadborn Scap Magician Gem: Fireballs
    lv2: Fireball will hit 2 times at when equipped on weapon.
    lv3: Fireball will hit 3 times at when equipped on weapon.
    Dandel Gem: Joint Penalty
    lv2: Add 10 Hit Limits
    lv3: Add 20 Hit Limits
    *Example if a player equipped Deadborn Scap Magician Gem lv3 and Dandel Gem: Joint Penalty lv3, he could revive the legacy pyro-linker build which will be specific unique play style that no much players can do that.

As for phase 1, i think it will only focus on Rank1-3 classes to make more low rank classes more useful with support of new gem system.

1. Add new color gem like purple/pink or elemental gems that add elemental damage % or type damage % for weapon.
    Ruby: Add 2% of Fire Damage
    Emerald: Add 2% of Poison Damage
    Topaz: Add 2% of Lightning Damage
    Jade: Add 2% of Slash Damage
    etc

But this also require to Introduce Gem Extractor to able to extract gem without drop 1 level or will destroy monster gem.

just make skill gem not just +1…

and make 4 color gem scale with % and + additional stats

They will work on this is 2019 dont worry

1 Like

No, the point is not to worsen the raw damage value or obsession on the big number.
But providing more creativity and unique battle style, or i call it more battle modifiers.

you waste too much gem type.

first monster gem is good and hope so but the second isn’t

that why it like old gem with % amp

I want it be like Green(Cri-rate) + Yellow (Cri-Damage) have bonus like Critical Damage Amp%
or something like Red+Red+Red = Decrease Min Damage but Amp Maximum Damage even more

Make some like bonus Elemental Attack instead of Patk/Matk (even Maximum) for another propose.

Monster gems should be fused with the player I think, or maybe into your Class costume. Would be nice to see e.g. an enchant system where the gem is sacrificed to grant your Class costume one or 2 permanent skills+1.
The useable gems should be limited to the specific Classes skills,though (e.g. Sadhu costume could be enchanted with Possession+1 effect, but not with Heal+1 effect).

It would also encourage people to wear their Class costumes instead of that gacha stuff.

This should be in addition to the usual gem system where you just slot them into your weapon/armor, so people can still slot other gems into their stuff, but it surely would make some gems more useful (especially if they are top/bottom gems).

The number of enchants could be equal to your Circle, e.g. Circle 1 allows 1 enchant, while C2 allows 2 and C3 allows 3. If they ever feature cool C3 costumes for the better Classes, having 4 enchants on a C3 costume would be nice,too, and a good way for IMC to earn some legit money instead of throwing gacha at the players.

We also need new gems for the Rank 6+ skills so that you can upgrade your Rank 6-8 skills,too. It’s sad that there are no gems for my favorite skills like e.g. Merkabah and Ein Sof to equip :frowning:

This topic was automatically closed after 60 days. New replies are no longer allowed.