Tree of Savior Forum

Suggestion: Rank Reset Vouchers

Let me preface by saying, I KNOW this is a super touchy subject. Please, calm yourself, take a breath, and now you can go on to read this post. :slight_smile:

Now that’s out of the way, lets discuss some ideas about how to properly implement the very prestigious ability to reset characters to rank 1. First, I’d like to say that I believe that if mistakes were made, you should have to live with them…for some time at the very least. The problem with this is if you make resets too available, you cause the player to think “ahh well if i mess up I can just reset at any point.”. Make them near impossible to obtain and you leave your players frustrated with having spent potentially hundreds of hours on a failure of a character build.

My first idea is pretty basic, have a reset voucher tied to a high level quest. This forces a player to play the character in the fashion that they built them, but at some point they will have the ability to fix their mistakes, or at the very least, tweak their build to min/max it. It gives the player a light at the end of the tunnel. I say this all the time to my guildmates, this isn’t Dark Souls, an mmo like this should punish you, but offer you the ability to fix your mistakes. What this also opens up is the ability to level a character to max level, then switch your build to a full crafter or full support if you deem it necessary. OPTIONS ARE GOOD.

The second idea I really hate to utter. Locking rank reset vouchers behind pay walls is pretty scummy, but at least we’d have access to them and IMC could use more money to fix the game. The pay model in this game is super wacky but I’ve gotten over it. Put them in the TP shop and you’re garunteed to make a profit. 10-15$ usd would probably be a pretty fair price.

Now again, I do think that mistakes made should punish you, but not permanently. That two week event was pretty cool but I had a friend who, when the combat patch was released, was on vacation in another country without his pc or any way to play ToS. It was a seriously unfortunate coincidence that the exact two weeks he was gone were the exact two weeks the reset event ran. Yes, its unfortunate and yes it’s not IMC’s fault the two coincided, but I think that everyone should have access to rank reset at some point.

Another idea I have is to simply have a raid boss have rank reset vouchers in their loot pool. This is not the most elegant solution, but it gets players into guilds and gets guilds running raid events which is great for the community.

I know this is a super touchy subject but it needs to be addressed.

@STAFF_Letitia @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Ines

You don’t have to worry too much about this subject tbh, as you know, right now they are selling a 1 time reset pack DLC.

In my pov, that means they are exploring this item’s profitability, depending on how much it was sold, I’m sure they will implement it in the TP shop soon (this time is not soon™).

This will never happen, that I’m sure.

This is not nice, i myself am tired of guilds, I’ve been in guild for the past 10 or so years of my gamer life which 4 of these 10 years I was a GL, but I won’t go deep into this subject, it’s my opinion on the matter.

As for the part quoted above, I don’t agree on that, as I said, I don’t want anything to do with guilds anymore, and I know there are others out there that are in the same boat as me, also that would make guild be a necessity for many.

Well, being a guild leader myself having also played mmos for a long time being in guilds most of the time and lead 3 guilds previous to ToS. I can’t say that i understand the hatred that some people have for guilds. I, for one, run my guild as casual so we try to do what we can but if we aren’t able to to complete something its not a big deal. Keep in mind they already have practos locked behind a raid boss so i dont think its completely out of the question.

I think its worth exploring at least.

I see no problem in an untradable/not sharable in storage, and time limited reset being distributed after reaching r8.

3 Likes

Thats actually a pretty legit idea!

That is an interesting idea, and it could be changed to R10 when it hit that time, or could simple go as 1 at R5 and 1 at R10.

Note that I’m assuming we will have 10 Ranks, I read some places that maybe would be 12, but I really doubt that, since the level cap changed from Lv 600 to 500 a long time (you can see that by the data mined in the fan sites world map), unless they are planning some kind of expansion for more 100 Lvs later.

Things would be messy by R5 if one decided to follow a path but deemed not worth in midway, that would avoid, specially new players, to abandon a char and start another from scratch and avoid boring the player.

1 Like

Could just move the limit when when higher ranks arrives, indeed.

Which ultimately means, even old characters could still benefit for a new reset when r9 and up is released.

That sounds like a great idea, the only reason thing i dislike about it is that it doesn’t take much effort to obtain such as doing a quest or defeating a boss. But i’d be willing to accept that concession if it meant we’d have that as an option to us.

This idea was used on other game, forgot the name now, but I remember it offering a reset of skill points and stats at certain level in case the player wanted to try something different or readjust something.

In ToS tho, this can cause a huge impact.

As of now, many players already have more than 10 chars, and doing the same thing over and over turn out boring, even with the help of the shared exploration progress, still cause bore to play the game.

The events aren’t that interesting as they where last year, and some items like cookies aren’t transferable through TS, making it even more painful to level alts, specially if someone don’t like the build and has to delete and start all over again.

As for the effort in obtaining it, we could use a special dungeon (solo play) of sorts like the Awakening dungeon, being optional through out the rank till you hit Lv 15 of the rank (to prevent exploit in max Rank), so when you hit Lv 15 in the rank (be it R5 or R10) the option will be disabled and you lose your chance to get one.

The above also can be done through a quest line to collect pieces of the scroll doing different tasks for different NPCs to make things a bit more interesting and worth dong instead of a mindless killing in a dungeon.

Also, this specific reset item should also reset the stats, because depending on some classes, the stats also change.

Yeah I played a game like that too decades ago. I believed it was RYL (Risk Your Life Online).

Having a high level class that could open a dungeon for a party with rank reset being the reward sounds pretty flippin cool to me tbh.

Pretty sure that issue is because tos allowed players to hit cap within 24hours, can thank level events / leticia cube for that.

On the other hand, if you enter this game with 0 knowledge, you wont level this fast even with all the boosts available, unelss you read a guide,or have a friend helping you out. Being a new player also means they probably dont know how to build a character, comparing to someone who has played for a long time.

Technically i dont think this is a huge issue.

The downside is that people would just build character with fast progression in mind, then use reset for
pvp/full support/bossing.

Theres always pros and cons to ideas but for that idea theres more pros so id be down for it. Unfortunately we are at the whims of IMC, one can only hope the staff actually pay attention and at the very least think about some of these ideas.

Reset Vouchers will be distributed due to new Adventure Points system, officially confirmed.

Source?

20charmkthxbai

What a coincidence that this would be released today haha. Well i guess the adventure journal was the one thing i didnt think about. Personally ive never been much of a completionist when it comes to adventure journal type stuff in mmos. But i guess this will suffice as long as youre able to relatively easily recieve more than one rank reset. If youre only able to obtain one rank reset voucher from this then we will be able to continue our conversation here.

not a coincidence, it was released before your thread :pensive:

It is a coincidence since I did not know about it.

:woman_facepalming::man_facepalming:

Now that the adventure journal content has been spoiled. It seems like we get ONE rank reset voucher for lvl 13 journal.

“To get to level 13 in the Growth section, you need 5,600 points. That’s 100 points per team level and 50 points per class. The minimum you would need to achieve this would be 5 max-level characters, with 4 characters composed of 8 unique classes each.”

So one rank reset voucher only if you meet those exact specifications. That’s pretty terrible. Id prefer it if they made it so IF you make that many max level chars you can reset a char once a month or something.