Tree of Savior Forum

[Suggestion] Paladin

I know that there was a similar topic before, but it fell by the wayside…

When you look at paladins they look like hybrids, messing with magical and physical properties, but also it feels like something is missing

The best and easy way to fill that empty feeling is to add a spell similar to thaumaturge transpose

Something like:

"
Crusader:
Balance your INT and STR, causing each to become the average of both.

Duration (30 + 10*skill level) seconds
Cooldown 70 seconds
"

So you could choose the main path you want to follow, STR or INT, and still be the hybrid that this class feels like it should be.

But, hybrid should be the paladin’s differential, and if it was circle 1 people would just pick 1 circle into paladin and be hybrids, so it should be circle 2 (maybe 3)

Then about the attributtes, i think there should be 2, (assuming rank 2 spell)

"
Crusader: Offensive Stance
Circle 2
Max Level 10
Type Active
Give up (5Attribute level) physical and magical defence to gain (10Attribute Level) Accuracy and (1*Attribute level) Magical Amplification
"

"
Crusader: Switch
Circle 3
Max level 1
Type Active
Switch your STR and INT for the duration of [Crusader]
"

This way, the class would finally be the hybrid class we want and need <3

I’d really like to see some changes to paladin c2 / c3. ( Conviction is really nice at c3 though ).

I wouldn’t mind at all if conversion and turn undead were removed and replaced with… something useful.

I think that spell i suggested would open a lot of possibilities

cleric 2, krivis 2, paladin 3 (cure, zaibas, conviction/smite)

Cleric 1 krivis 2 pala 2 monk 2 (zaibas, smite, cure, monk stuff)

Cleric 1 krivis 2 sadhu 2 pala 2 (zaibas, possession, oob, smite)

Cleric 1 priest 2 pala 3 plague doctor (smite, conviction, incinerate and support stuff)

And so on… Pretty much synergy with everything, even more if you count with rank 8

The bottom one is the build im going with, hehe.

I’m all for paladin “Turn Undead” changing. Conversion wouldnt be so bad if it had more to it

Currently my planned build will go (Con/Spr, (All is subject to change))

Essentially a tanky undying juggernaut who can take you out from afar or up close with undead minions at beck and call.

Paladins could also have an attribute to allow em to use 2h swords. :skull:

Or 2h maces :wink: :wink:

1 Like

Or 2h Hammers/Maul. Or 2h Flails.

1 Like

Nah 2-HAnded swords would be historically acurate if anything for an adition as you can already use 1-handed ones, the whole mace bullshit is a D&D thing and I hate how spreaded it is.

Meh, i’m just into weapon diversification

Wat.

D&D paladins used swords since ever. Clerics didn’t because it was against their ethos, but that was it.

1 Like

Yeah but Paladins are under the Cleric tree, and people here drag that along everything thus pasing it to Paladin.
Edit: And the point goes to Cleric too on that matter anyways, there’s a lot of records of Priests n’ stuff taking swords and fighting off.

I think ToS does a good job with that since you can use 1h swords. Would be nice to see some 2 handers for clerics.

I feel like they having sword is more of a sidefect of ‘‘Eh we may as well make use of the animation, it’s the same one anyways’’ as even Wizards can use swords, but I do apreciate that I can.
You know what, let’s push Two-Handed Swords atribute for PaladinC3, Corsairs got their goddamn guns I want my swords for when I want to play Paladin again.

And to keep a bit on topic, I feel that ‘‘Crusader’’ isn’t that great of a name, Crusaders where fuckin’ assholes no diferent from any other army movement at the end of it. Pillaging villages and all that, iirc there even where local priests that fought them off becuase they where screwing with the people too hard.

I pictured it would be a fitting name considering you’re a faithfull knight preparing for a battle

Besides, like most of people, i’m not good with names xD

If it wasnt because it’s already an actual sword in the game (and it isn’t that good on that matter) I would’ve just gone with Durendal to be honest, it was the holy sword given to Roland after all, you know from ‘‘The Song of Roland’’ aka the most popular Paladin to ever Paladin.

And here was little old me thinking that Don Quixote de la Mancha was actually the most Legendary (pfft who wants to be popular?) Paladin to ever Paladin. :smirk:

And here was little old me (guideon?) thinking that DonQuixote Doflamingo…

Okay, i’ll stop myself right here :smile:

I have to admit that when something had so much of what’s basically fanfiction to fill the ending that it pissed off the author to write an ending that aludes to them is pretty damn strong.

need more useful skills add into c2 and c3 indeed