Tree of Savior Forum

Suggestion: More classes for ranks 2-6

Creating a unique character that you can enjoy playing throughout the game is one of the things I really like about ToS. In that endeavor i am unfortunately a little disappointed with the actual “diversity” of builds that can be made with this system. I feel like a lot of the problem is that imc is stuck on the “3 ranks to a class” system, and that would be great except that it opens up the situation that we are in now. Some classes like scout have 3 ranks to them, yet the 2nd and 3rd rank are relatively underwhelming. Scout is more of a filler class that you put in your build to fill the gap at a certain rank.

What could be done about this is if imc could pay attention to builds and how they work, they could do some consolidation of classes to make the classes which are more filler 1 or 2 ranks. That could open up space for some more classes at lower ranks. Since the way we create our builds eventually leads to a meta, we find ourselves ignoring most of the class ranks that exist because their rank 2 or 3 skill choices are subpar.

If we were to think of some new classes that could be put in the rank 2-6 slots we could vary our choices more which should lead to a more interesting meta. Im sure there are plenty of options that exist out there that we could come up with. Also, there are some classes in archer that just dont fit at all. Rogue seems like fun, and it used to be pre combat patch, but a melee class in an archer tree is pretty garbage unless it has proper synergistic classes within.

Here are a few ideas:

Thief - A low rank archer class that specializes in stealing items, feinting mobs, and bleeding with melee weapons.

Illusionist - A low rank wizard class which creates copies of creatures or players and allows them to control them and any other summons/spirits that are linked to that character.

Tactician - A low to mid rank swordsman class, capable of dual-wielding one handed swords or becoming more powerful while using a one handed sword and no offhand. Uses movement skills to dodge or reposition and takes advantage of the evasion attribute.

Auramancer - A low to mid rank cleric class that uses auras to help their party or hinder their opponents. Such as adding additional elemental property atk or weakening monsters atk or def in a large enough aoe around themselves that actually affects things, not this 2 foot aoe that barely does anything like we’re used to having.

Im sure there are plenty of ideas out there that the community could come up with and help flesh out in the event imc actually takes our ideas seriously.

@STAFF_Yuri @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Letitia @STAFF_Amy @STAFF_Ines

R2-6 has plenty of classes, what we really lack - r7-8 classes variability.

2 Likes

Problem is a lot of the classes at 2-6 dont synergize well with some of the rank 6-8. 7-8 will come with time, theres not enough room for unique builds since if you want a specific rank 6-8 build you’re pigeon holed into a stale meta early game.

1 Like

As the only person who has 30/30 330 chars, I can say that there are PLENTY of opportunities to make unique builds D:

Like really.

Unique yes, useful and synergistic? Not really. Not without lending yourself to wasting ranks on worthless classes. I have 15 chars myself and im only really proud of one or two of them.

Maybe the topic should be more long the lines of condensing the classes that don’t warrant 3 full ranks instead. But still, i think 1-6 has become super stale and needs something to revitalize it.