Tree of Savior Forum

[suggestion] idle animations, social/living town ;)

So, i don’t speak english very well so i’ll try to be fast and clear, sorry for any mistakes.

Hi, i’m a long time “Ragnarok” player and played the ToS beta, one of the things i didn’t like was that the game felt “dead”…yes, like in ragnarok, all the game is a like a board game, our characters doesn’t have expressions and can only express them through chat emoticons.

So, the sadest thing is when you’re entering a crowded city and see that everyone has the same face, looking straight forward or sideways…

[SUGGESTION]

So, the idea is simple, when a character is idle(not moving) for more than 20 seconds, an idle animation will trigger.

But wait, not “THE idle animation”, i mean “AN” idle animation, it’ll trigger one of many, it’ll vary from situation to situation, see the examples bellow:

1- If you’re idle next to an NPC, your character will start to “chat”(moving hands, laughing, nodding the head).
2- If you’re idle next to a friend(Friend list,1 square, maybe 2), your characters will do a friendlike animation(i don’t know, maybe a little “fighting” depending on the class?).
3- If you’re standing near your guild leader, you’ll do a formal idle animation(saluting maybe?)
4- If you’re idle with other 3 people around a campfire, you’ll trigger an idle animation(maybe on plays with the fire, the other “talks” to everyone).
5- Some NPCs will have special “idle aura” so that the idle animation when close to the auctioner isn’t the same as the one close to the armorsmith.

Those were some specifics examples, of course we’ll have idle animations when close to strangers too but those would be separate so that friend and guild idle animations trigger with more priority.

For a game with more “life”, give it a try ToS team.

Thank you again and sorry for any mistake.

P.S: I’ll only be able to reply next weekend so i’ll try to explain and answer questions Friday/Saturday.

2 Likes