Tree of Savior Forum

[SUGGESTION]Hoplite Ktest change

Recently, Long stride and Spear throw got buffed with 3 OH and double dmg based on distance, respectively. But those changes doesn’t hit the problems that those skills have. So i suggest to exchange those changes for those ones:

Spear throw: Animation time is reduced by a maximum of 50% based on the distance of the targeted area. The more close, the more fast the animation.

Long stride: Create a remove knockdown attribute; decrease the OH count to 2 and increase the damage (skill factor) by 40% to compensate; decrease the animation time a little more.

1 Like

I think it’s still ridiculous that there are 3 skills that are all about throwing spears (Spear throw, Gae Bulg, Dethrone). Devs been lazy with creativity for Spear users.

1 Like

I thought something great will come to my beloved Hoplite this soon but i’m disappointed, for now atleast. I hope to see the following changes in the future of Hoplite, as the devs said class balancing is still on going.

Pierce - casttime is too slow, my grandma stands up quicker than a hop casts this skill. Also the range is short a small increase would be nice.

Stabbing - i like it as it is now, but to be able to change direction between the stabs would be good, right now you have to plan ahead most of the time if want to fully enjoy the skills damage.

Synchro Thrusting - attack range is horribly short. Why not make this skill like Fencer’s Balestra? So the caster will move forward a little bit while attacking both with its shield and spear.

Long Stride - OH is always nice, but please leave out the delay after the landing or reduce it so we can react quicker.

Other skills are fine by me except, yeah, Spear Throw is still lacking. I still dont see why is it worth to go for C3, that skill is not much, the Finestra Lvl15 is better imho. But the biggest problem is comboing with these skills or connecting them together with other skills, beacause most of them are too delayed after the animation ends and you are caught off guard beacuse you cannot do anything. Its as if these skills are finisher but they are clearly not.

Knockdown is the entire point of Long Stride. It’s already extremely useful as is, added OH means more knocking people out of safety zone. 2 OH would’ve been just right for me, 3 OH is awesome.

I think everyone wants faster Spear Throw and devs seem really adamant on not giving it to us. Double damage is acceptable to me if we can’t have faster speed.

Well you can throw a spear or poke with a spear.

Knockdown is the worse mechanic in PvE, both from monsters and players. You should put a “For PvP” before start talking. Sure, knockdown is great for PvP, but a remove knockdown attribute would let the player choose, so he could turn it on during DGs runs and turn off during PvP/Arena.

it’s be nice if knock downs knocked them in more of a cone shape so they didn’t scatter in every direction. messes up the flow.

Spear throw seems as slow as always, it would be cool that DEX helped the animation to be faster

1 Like