Tree of Savior Forum

Suggestion for The Daino/Simony Problem

It seems the developers are having trouble with making Krivis attractive for Daino without making Krivis absolutely necessary. The current compromise- Simony scrolls, makes Krivis party members obsolete.

Here’s my suggested solution:

First, instead of just having the most recent buffs overwrite the oldest buffs, make buff priority player-customizable. Give players access to a window that lists all buffs they’ve ever received before, where they can rank which buffs get top priority when their buff limit is exceeded.

This change will make it so Daino is not absolutely necessary, while still attractive.

Second, Simony needs to be rethought. As it currently stands, any skill that can be put to a Simony scroll becomes obsolete. So, the most useful skills are simply banned from Simony scrolls to ensure that the classes are not replaced by scrolls alone. But by banning the most useful skills, it makes Simony itself useless.

There is no solution to this problem unless Simony is rethought altogether.

My suggestion here is to lift the ban on all or most skills from being made into scrolls, and instead limit their use in a different way: by setting a very long cooldown (something like 10 minutes) on the use of Simony scrolls.

This will ensure Simony scrolls are still attractive, but not at all a replacement for their class.

10 Likes

Thanks for suggestions regarding on Daino / Simony.

I will forward it to our dev team.

Thanks.

2 Likes

these are nice ideas.
Making the Simony scrolls have a higher cooldown instead of just banning skills seems better.
And also there goes my sugestion:

• Add some kind of casting time to charge the simony skills scrolls , Very Usefull skills like Mass heal , Safety zone , Daino , Ressurection , Revive should have higher cooldown and casting time(Especially Ressurection and Revive those should have a insane high cooldown, something around 20~30 minutes should be enough i think)
    And lesser usefull skills like Deprotected Zone , Zalciai , Monstrance , Guardian Saint still should have some annoying cooldown (2~5 minutes).

• And Depending on the type of skill , it could have diferent crafting materials , so powerfull skills should require some materials that are a little harder to obtain compared to less powerfull skills.

• Simony Scrolls shouldn’t be consumed if you fail casting them.
    Also Skills used through simony shouldn’t have overheat.
    Normally you can use Heal twice and it goes on cooldown , but when you use it trough simony you can only use it once then the scroll goes on cooldown (Not the heal skill if you have it).

• Other idea is to have an atribute to let Pardoners use these scrolls better than other classes would use it. (For example lower a bit the cooldown / casting time compared to other classes [this kind of thing would be a nice feature to Alchemists too , they could have benefits in using potions compared to other classes.)

And with the suggestions above if you are a cleric then use Heal twice , and then use Heal Scroll , it should be fine , since the healing scroll would have a casting time and a higher cooldown , because of this you can’t do it too often , and it limits you to some situations.

My main concern right now is how Pardoners and Alchemists are going to sell and trade those scrolls because of the recent changes in the Kobt ,( since you can’t do it anymore without the TP thing.)

I hope those ideas helps or give even better ideas to you.
And if someones see some kind of failure with these ideas feel free to disagree with me.
(And please , give us some better ideas if you have some)

2 Likes

Also Regarding especially about the simony / Daino problem.
The main problem is because Daino Simony scrolls has the same duration as Normal Krivis Daino.
Krivis daino should have the actual duration (I don’t remmember how much it lasts right now , but it lasts a lot)
Simony Daino should last just a few minutes (This together with higher cooldown and casting time , the cooldown should be longer than the scroll duration).

These are good ideas too, I think, and I had considered similar possibilities.

But, I think it’s best to leave the details to the devs. For all we know, they may be completely opposed to this kind of change all together.

1 Like