Tree of Savior Forum

Suggestion for Anti-bot Measure from Emil Chronicle Online example

oh that might actualy work … nice one there :thumbsup:
the reason too that i said it will “backfire” , mainly because bots can detect them, secondly, player wont notice them if they have no names, unless they have a distinct color or somthing;different sprites but the same name might be nice too @@"
now, with instant exit/instant teleport items- they are advantageous for botters so i think these items should be expensive! (item abuse prevention) >
<"

hmm how about warning a player if u find it suspicious? like talking to them and wont respond for X amount of minutes? can we have an active GM/volunteers to report to them ingame? ( honestly, sending/filling tickets takes time due to the amount of request players do, e.g. bug reports, item loss, banning bullies, complaints, etc.)

the most annoying captcha for me was when they include Math in the captcha lol.
an invincibility when captcha comes could be implemented as well. . just like many Private RO.

They’re reading this right now. There’s a team exclusively for doing this. They read, take notes, talk to each other, etc. They just don’t respond so we won’t know what they agree with and will apply to the game and what they won’t. Mainly so we won’t be all like “What do you mean you won’t take my suggestion???”

But yeah, they read, they’re reading this right now, in fact. Hello, IMC! :blush:

also captcha has 1 thing that bothers me the most… LAG =V

Hello, IMC staff. . we love you :* . . so please dont block us. . and please give exact answer soon whether you are blocking us (Indonesia) or not :frowning:

1 Like

Maybe even small items reward like “Here’s 10 potions! Good work!”

WAIT I JUST HAD AN IDEA

What if…

You don’t call it a anti-bot measure, you call it a NPC.
-What?! An NPC? What do you mean?!
Like, picture this:

Oh look! There comes Vraughis - the riddler.
-What are you up for today Vraughis?
-Hey, Cheddargt! I have a new riddle for you! I’m absolutely sure you won’t get it this time!
-Sure, what’s the bet?
-If you win, I’ll give you 10 potions!
-Cool!
-BUUUT, If I win, you’ll receive a curse and will be delinked! (delinked = expression to not use stuff like disconnected and break the fourth wall and ruin the immersion for players)
-Argh, alright! I’m up for it.
I’m blue, I crash. I drown, I’m drinked. Drink me in a cup, I’ll unthirst you. Drink me in the ocean, I’ll thirst you. What am I?

Here’s the point where you have to choose between words and type one. It would give something around 10 words such as

Water, Banana, Ball, Air, Boat, Watch, Sword, Shirt…

You get the point.

uhh . . so the NPC keep walking around the dungeon? that NPC is crazier than Crazy Dave lol . .
Why not a certain angel/cupid or something descend from above and give us question?

Angel : Hello, young 'un. . Healthy? I’m watching thy from above that you have been working hard lately. . With that I shall give thy refreshment and blessing. But, I have to test first whether or not thy soul is clean. .ready?
Me : Oh My God, Loli Angelzzzz . !!! wanna keep one. (duh)

1 Like

That idea is good, but how about the placement of NPCs? Do they appear suddenly in front of players? Do they appear when players are fighting bosses? If they do, it will be annoying because we have to focus in order to not missclick the boss and NPC while fighting. How do the NPC can prevent bots? If bot users can ignore the NPC, then what will happen? Because it’s much more complicated than a captcha system that will simply appear on the monitor in random time.

temporary invisibility while capcha period is a common thing in MMOs . . like many Private ROs

oh @_@ so we have guardian angels now… but the goddeses left us… why would they help us now? =<

Goddesses are the who left. . not angels ??

hmmm well they are not the same… so i think angels are acceptable @_@" maybe they want to help us to find the missing goddesses… (probably satan made them into harem =V, we must save them)

onto topic… well 10 potions… thats a neat idea… hmm but what about the stamina? i want stamina potions =V cause im exhausted from killing mobs…

random rewards is better. . it could be potions, stamina potions, restore HP/MP/Stamina , +5% Exp , Buffs, .

@Pochipochi @Erokhi no no no, not human NPCs. I imagined some “fairy” or a “ghost” that appears and when you’re done killing all the monsters around you, the message pops up in the screen, protecting you from mobs while he’s there. Maybe make you stop and be immune to damage and monster not focus you…

Also, it didn’t have to be a solid NPC, maybe just a face in your screen. Again, like a funny dwarf, fairy or ghost. Angels wouldn’t be viable aswell as they abandoned Tree of Savior’s realm.

hmm what about party bots? they can party (slave heals/buffs)

i think a party can be inlined with the random pop ups too… :thumbsup:
this will be fun @_@/

Fairy? Ghost? I prefer the goddesses themselves appear to give us their blessings. lol

oh I see. it would be more amazing if we get notified by certain random creatures www… yeah , sometimes a fairy, sometimes a spirit, sometimes an angel, sometimes a dwarf, or maybe NPC Kim Hakyun himself thus giving us 20% Exp and 20% drop . . wwwww

Yeah, that’d be cool. If the goddess didn’t leave us four years ago. We still don’t know if they do come back. But right now, it’s up to us and only us to erase these monsters from the realm. So yeah, no goddess.

I don’t understand much about it, but regarding captcha, I have bad memories about it.

I played Swordsman Online (by PWI) and there are 2 periodic events (it happens from time to time): Mirage Cavern and another one I don’t remember. The game was (or it still is) crawled with bots and they often made impossible to join these 2 events.

PWI put a captcha to prevent bots…1st day was fantastic, no damn bots to screw things up. One week later, it was impossible to compete with bots, they were filling captcha in less than 0,1s. I don’t know what happened after, I stopped playing the game because I was pissed off already.

Riddle system may be better…may be efficient.

Just look at this.

1 Like

Interesting video there. Bot users are smarter than I thought.
Yes, we can change the captcha system to riddle. For example, 1+1 = ? or maybe questions about the game itself, how many base classes are available in ToS = 4, etc. We must put more random patterns to the riddle. Secondary GM can also work to record the bot users and report them.