Tree of Savior Forum

Suggestion for Anti-bot Measure from Emil Chronicle Online example

temporary invisibility while capcha period is a common thing in MMOs . . like many Private ROs

oh @_@ so we have guardian angels nowā€¦ but the goddeses left usā€¦ why would they help us now? =<

Goddesses are the who left. . not angels ??

hmmm well they are not the sameā€¦ so i think angels are acceptable @_@" maybe they want to help us to find the missing goddessesā€¦ (probably satan made them into harem =V, we must save them)

onto topicā€¦ well 10 potionsā€¦ thats a neat ideaā€¦ hmm but what about the stamina? i want stamina potions =V cause im exhausted from killing mobsā€¦

random rewards is better. . it could be potions, stamina potions, restore HP/MP/Stamina , +5% Exp , Buffs, .

@Pochipochi @Erokhi no no no, not human NPCs. I imagined some ā€œfairyā€ or a ā€œghostā€ that appears and when youā€™re done killing all the monsters around you, the message pops up in the screen, protecting you from mobs while heā€™s there. Maybe make you stop and be immune to damage and monster not focus youā€¦

Also, it didnā€™t have to be a solid NPC, maybe just a face in your screen. Again, like a funny dwarf, fairy or ghost. Angels wouldnā€™t be viable aswell as they abandoned Tree of Saviorā€™s realm.

hmm what about party bots? they can party (slave heals/buffs)

i think a party can be inlined with the random pop ups tooā€¦ :thumbsup:
this will be fun @_@/

Fairy? Ghost? I prefer the goddesses themselves appear to give us their blessings. lol

oh I see. it would be more amazing if we get notified by certain random creatures wwwā€¦ yeah , sometimes a fairy, sometimes a spirit, sometimes an angel, sometimes a dwarf, or maybe NPC Kim Hakyun himself thus giving us 20% Exp and 20% drop . . wwwww

Yeah, thatā€™d be cool. If the goddess didnā€™t leave us four years ago. We still donā€™t know if they do come back. But right now, itā€™s up to us and only us to erase these monsters from the realm. So yeah, no goddess.

I donā€™t understand much about it, but regarding captcha, I have bad memories about it.

I played Swordsman Online (by PWI) and there are 2 periodic events (it happens from time to time): Mirage Cavern and another one I donā€™t remember. The game was (or it still is) crawled with bots and they often made impossible to join these 2 events.

PWI put a captcha to prevent botsā€¦1st day was fantastic, no damn bots to screw things up. One week later, it was impossible to compete with bots, they were filling captcha in less than 0,1s. I donā€™t know what happened after, I stopped playing the game because I was pissed off already.

Riddle system may be betterā€¦may be efficient.

Just look at this.

1 Like

Interesting video there. Bot users are smarter than I thought.
Yes, we can change the captcha system to riddle. For example, 1+1 = ? or maybe questions about the game itself, how many base classes are available in ToS = 4, etc. We must put more random patterns to the riddle. Secondary GM can also work to record the bot users and report them.

Just a heads up, CAPTCHA in games does not work.

X-Legends has used it time after time, and bots simply hook onto the captcha as it loads in-game and can bypass it.

1 Like

Finally some real suggestions :slight_smile:

then lets go with riddle angels wwwww.

Angel: ā€œIs JB a boy? or a girl??ā€
I bet all bots wont be able to answer that

itll probably over load the bots with that question @_@"

aslo the riddles should be over the server not inside the client >ā€¦< and repetitive questions from ye 2nd-ary GM is no no! should be random and non repetitiveā€¦ and botting should be bannable not just in-game punishable >_<"

You are always negative towards ideas, try to use your imagination to think about solutions.

hmm it may look negative ideas to youā€¦ but im pointing out possible loopholes/mistakes given by others(which i saw and i might be wrong) to re-organize their ideasā€¦

cause criticizing(collectively) their ideas could gennerate a more accurate and feasible solution in the said problem, if not, then at least can lessen/minimize the problems concerned in the orignal post @_@"

i didnt mean to be so negativeā€¦ im just criticizingā€¦

i dont have any ideas on bot control problemsā€¦ cause what ever the bot police/2nd-ary GMs/ guardian angels doā€¦ their still gonna be botting ( macro eneabled keyboard/mouse/joypad<-this are actualy gaming gears used by botters in a bad wayā€¦ and even with the captcha, non-AFK botters can still get away with itā€¦ =_=")

dont blame me for those ā€œNEGATIVEā€ commentaries, i just sort them out so people can actualy think what to do to prevent players from bottingā€¦

peace out bro! :v:

well well well . . no need to be so heated up guys. . easy easy hehehee ^^v

They comment when it comes to immediate issues. Theyā€™ve spoken a few times in the translation forums, where what they say is important for something currently going on. Iā€™m sure theyā€™re taking this all into consideration, but none of this can be currently implemented without the basic groundwork set for the game.

Additionally, I think having the GM tickets be organized in a manner that separates things into categories would be nice. A couple of my friends work for the support center of another game, and they just get a huge list of emails with no order (mostly filled with random questions, ā€œcan I have money plsā€). However, if there was a way for the tickets to allow the streamlining of bot reports (and important things like bugs / getting stuck), that would be nice, allowing the support center to dispatch GMs in a more timely manner. Maybe like a column view of tickets, so the most recent of each category may be seen. This would prevent one from getting too clogged up by having all other categories jump ahead.

Anti-Bot Idea

I think a jumbled image game would work best. Pick the correct monster or something in a row of 4, all of which have corrupted pictures (and are black and white). When and if the bots start picking up on the corruption algorithm, simply change it to something else. However, any active anti-bot system needs to provide a slight reward for normal players, otherwise itā€™s practically a punishment (slight annoyance) for having bots in the game.

1 Like