Tree of Savior Forum

[Suggestion/Discussion] 'GvG Battle for a Field Map Territory' + Field Rewards

• Up!
  • Down! (I prefer Arena)
  • Abstain

0 voters

When will we be having a ‘Guild Map Territory’? (A Field map owned/gained by a certain Guild in a brief time as a reward from a GvG match within the said Map)

As we know today GvG is performed like a Team Battle, I was so buffled about the difference other than the name, but the concept and ranking (or arena type) settings are pretty much alike.

Can we have a ‘Whole Map’ involved in a GvG, like having advantage of the said Map’s terrain and natural obstacles and passage as a GvG battlefield.

This could be much ambitious, but I think its quite of fun to see an actual actions happening in the fields. Of course the map taken place will be a replica of the real field Maps, it’s just no mobs or other Non-guild players roaming around.

To be clear of thoughts, this could bring the breeze of a battlefield like Ragnarok of the time. :slight_smile:

(PS. I might put this into a topic in sugggestion thread instead for more information, my comment/question has gotten longer before I know. sorry!)

Original Comment

As above mentioned, this is a follow up thread regarding a new feature for GvG in an actual World Map involved. Only Field Maps are possible and Dungeon, Settlements or Leveled Areas (i.e. 1F, 2F, etc.) are not included.

The main purpose is to make a larger or broader scale from the Arena version of GvG, also this could open for some rewards/benefits upon winning. Like %exp bonus, loots % increase, or Mob spawn increase, etc.

For the Battle: Only two Guilds will be involved during an event; at first for un-occupied Field, both Guilds will settle a spot in Map as a base camp opposite of their adversary and then battle it out in one of a GvG rules:

• First claim of Guild Tower destruction will declared victorious or win point.
  • Most Kills/Take-downs within the Timed period.
  • Arena Like setting (Kill All!! Best of 5 Skirmishes)
  • Battle it out & Secure out Guild flags locations around the Field,
  • etc. (Suggest if you want)

And as for occupied Field (won via GvG), the victor/invader will either do the options mentioned above, or.

• Victors will setup a Defense Role and the opposing Guild will be the Invaders. (Attacks will be coming from the warportal facing the nearest Towns Klaipedia, Orsha or Fedimian). In case there are two or more portals connected to town, then either are considered origins of an attack point.
  • Invader Guilds will be allowed to set Safety Base Camps nearby from the starting warpotals. (for balance purposes from early ambushes)
  • Defense could either be a Timed-limit battle or one of above mentioned battle sequences.

Notes:

• Victors/Occupant Guilds’ Emblem will pop shown beside the Field Maps in the World Map.
  • A GvG (shown ‘Guild Emblem’ vs ‘Guild Emblem’) will pop above the top screen to every players not involved of the event and are inside the ‘War-Zoned’ Field Map. And will announce the Victor as soon as it ends.
  • Non-involved players will not see or interact with any Guild members participating the event while inside the Field Map.
  • Non-involved players may spectate a battle via unknown means. (I haven’t thought much how developers wants it, but maybe same with the Arena? or players can view battle by clicking certain pop button next to mini-map in a Zoomy 3rd person, player lock spectator, or free mode like Counter Strike? :kissing_closed_eyes:)
  • Best feature allows all members of a Waring Guilds to participate! :boom:

Other than the above mentioned, the rest of GvG battle features will be the same, such as rankings, etc. only difference is the place of battle and the benefits a Guild will have during their “Occupation” on the said Field Map.

For all Ragnarok PVP players out there might relate a few about the concept. :v:

Thank you for reading my thread, and please vote and share your thoughts about this idea. :wine_glass: