Tree of Savior Forum

[SUGGESTION] An item like Dismantling Hammer for Monster Gems

That’s it, they are too hard to drop, server populations are mostly not enough to make DPK roll, this would not break the game at all since you can’t win the game with 4 monster gems.

4 Likes

@STAFF_Max @STAFF_Ethan @STAFF_Amy @STAFF_John @STAFF_Ines

I’m against it, because it’s very important for a MMOG that even rare items like monster gems become destroy through a mechanic in order the amount of those items get reduced.

@lonesader

You are wrong, no one is going to destroy a GOOD gem for no reason, the equipment will just be sold or used because of the monster gem if it is a good one.

There is no point on letting something few people actualy have and lots of people want.

Ok, you can want to make this game even harder then it already is but I don’t see a point on everything being so hardcore.

I do not say that the player have to destroy the monster gems, that would be ridicules, I just said that it’s very important that MMOGs have mechanics which reduce the available items. I’m able to relate to and unterstand the problem of the lack in the access to monster gems. It’s really annoying not to find the needed monster gem or worse to find a monster gem which you can’t sell, because you don’t need it yourself. But this doesn’t mean that the suggestion like yours is a solution.

Another question. What is hard in this game?

@lonesader

Transcendence level 10.

Upgrading stuff to +10~+15 or even more.

Making level 7+ gems.

Getting damage attributes to 100%.

Not to say the fact that, if you are a beginner or some nerf come, you might have to reroll.

Also you waste LOTS of hours doing quests and grinding to reach level 280 (though needed EXP scales like crazy after 280)

If you need a monster to be killed at least 10,000 times, you might not be able to it continuously, you need lots of hours on same map to grind that amount of the same mob.

That means any player can get that gem in the time you are not farming, then, if you want to put the gem on a valuable item you simply won’t get it, if you are lucky, yes, you might, but the truth is, you won’t trust valuable items on trades, (e.g. Wind Runner) and by simply farming the item there is always the possibility that other will snatch from you.

It doesn’t have to be an easy system. Something like 30 Dismantling Hammers and 30 Spell Rods to craft a Gem Remover Stuff would be fine as long as it makes Monster Gem actualy into something reachable.

I kind of feel like there is a weak argument that the gems would be conveniently traded that way but I feel that’s weaker argument then giving players more freedom to use the awesome loot they’ve found. I’m sure plenty of people got great gems they can’t use right now because they have to wait for R8 equipment. And that feels wrong. You want your players to be pumped when they get a piece of loot like this.

Yes, they are already rare enough to begin with.

It’s not that the argument is weak, it’s just that this would not make the game worst in any point.

Newbies get happy when they find a lucky gem while questing and can make some money for an Arde Dagger or whatever for example.

“Old” players can pay large sums of money to get a build improvement. 1 skill level is not something that makes this game unbalaced. Divine Might is here to prove this point.

Selling useless gems for gem power up could also become a thing and stir up the market.

Seriously, all meta gear are untradable already, not EVERYTHING has to be impossible to be traded. It just should be hard to remove the Gem.

1 Like

Im totatlly support this. Or make monsters gems tradable.

Im support this too.

I support this too.

Monster card have and option cost 5 TP without losing star.
Transcendence item can chose to extract gem.

What about monster gem?
Why not have any feature to extract it?