Tree of Savior Forum

Suggestion about Rune Caster build

Hello, beginner player here.
I’ve been reading a lot about RC builds and couldn’t find one that had information enough for me to decide which one would be the best for my needs.
I’m looking for a pure PvE RC build.
Wiz3/Ele and CryoKino appears to be the most popular ones, but there was also some interesting things about thaumaturges too.
So, I’d like some guidance on which one should be better for solo and/or party play, but totally PvE focused, if anyone could help.
Thanks in advance.

Well, as a RC you will get only two offensive skills with huge cooldowns and casting time. So unless you are willing to spend your game time waiting for cooldowns to come up and praying for your 8 seconds casting don’t get interrupted, it will be fine.

You didn’t put your build, but I will try to remember and say something about the builds that I read that include RC and Thaum:

A wiz3>thaum3>RC build will improve your damage and assist the RC issue about casting time. But you will be playing basically as a buffed wiz3 for the most part with sporadically burst damage. Also you will be able to play as an “ok” supp. (And the combination of Wiz3 and Thaum3 may be marvelous for the upcoming ranks)

A cryo>kino>thaum3>RC will give you more options, but you will still have issues with casting. The ice wall+pp combo is great, but is still a combo that will be available sporadically (and with just one circle each, you won’t get the whole power of this combo). So you will be basically griding with Swell arms+brain+auto attack most of part. You can also play a supp and will be a better supp than the first build due to the CCs from cryo and kino.

Wiz3>Ele3>RC will give you a lot of tricks, but you will not have the huge buffs from Thaum (also you won’t be “able” to play as supp). You will still suffer from long cooldowns (grab a chrono3 friend asap), but you will be constantly dealing damage.

I think it’s basically this. You can’t have it all, so you should choose what will be your main advantage and what will be your main flaw.

Anyway, as I said before, Wiz3>Thaum3 looks like a future build that gambles about new classes rather than an actual possibility to face the current meta.

You can also go full cryo/wiz and ignore Elementalist due to all of elementalist’s spells being deployment, and thus not affected by rune of ice. Ice wall also only lasts ten hits or so even at level 5… and your PP on Kino hits ice wall. Ice wall also can be hit through by giant monsters, so even if the giant monster is trapped, you have to be pretty far away. The AoE for the Ice wall shards for each shard is only as big as the ice walls themselves.

This build is what I’m trying to use to deal with all this nerfing and whatnot:

You need quickcast by the way, if you want to do well with rune caster, since all of the runes take 8 seconds to cast otherwise (4 with quick cast maxed.)