Tree of Savior Forum

[Sugestion] Changes to Alchemist damage skills

Hi dear IMC,

As an Alchemist, i’m aware that this is mostly an utility build that helps people by crafting potions and charms for battle, nevertheless, the DPS skills that Alchemist have, in specific, Combustion skill, is rather useless and just doesn’t feel part of the alchemist move, since Every time i have to use dig to make damage, the instant the skill produces the items to explode, the instant they are already in my inventory and the “combustion” skill loses effect (and i really hate using silver every time i need to make a skill).

With this in mind i came here to ask for your consideration in changing the Combustion skill in this combination more focused on what we do, Mixing stuff!:

• Skill name: Flask Throw [magic]
  • Description: Throw one of your Alchemist flasks to your enemies, dealing damage.
  • Damage: [scales with INT].
  • AoE Ratio: 6 (or the same as guwushi’s poison pot throw.)
  • Attributes: Enhance, increase area of effect.
    *skill type: hold to target area of landing and releasing will throw the flask in the desired location

Complementary skill: Create Alchemist Flask

• Description: uses various chemicals and ingredients to make a substance to throw at your enemies .(alchemist Only).
  • Additional Attributes: Create Frost Flask (frostbite effect), Create incendiary Flask (Burn effect), Create Flashlight Flask (blind effect), Create Poisonous Flask (Poison effect).

[EDIT]: About setting up the Flasks: You can use an interface to set the flasks you want to use when out of combat, kinda similar on how Wugushi’s set the card on the poison pot to add a different effect.

Explanation: i thought on this as we alchemist use flasks to make potions and stuff, and why not using it to throw some chemicals towards our enemies, the ability doesn’t look broken and you can adjust the values and types you consider, i stated the most famous types of flasks usually alchemists use on other games ( final Fantasy Tactics can be an example).

I think this can bring some life to one of the most nice and underestimated classes on the game, and to make it shine not only being profitable, but able to bring some dps and utility to the party!

Please read this, if you want to know more i’m more than glad to talk with ya.

And, fellow Alchemists! if you consider this could be a nice idea to add, bring the love and help me to reach a good amount of like so it can be taken into consideration!

Kind regards;

Galzath.

2 Likes

sadly alch need a full rework but it’s taking too long

2 Likes

Here we go again…

Why? is something wrong on suggesting an upgrade for alchemists?

not at all…

if instead of 100000000000000000 monthly threads we had all the suggestions on less threads so staff can see them all and hopefully something is done…

but this is mute talk, next month or next week a new TC will make a new Suggestion thread for alchemist with really good suggestions like you did and drown this one out and the process will keep repeating where next suggestion push previous onws down instead of complementing them…

1 Like

Well i didn’t make it trying to push down the other alchemists suggestions, but since there’s not hot topic about those things i thought it was a good idea to bring one to the table, everyone can put their own here so we can pull a big fat thread of suggestions to consider.

Also, IMC as administrators of the forum can make a search with “alchemist” tags on it and every topic about it will pop up, so if they plan to read the TC’s to make an overhaul i don’t think they wont consider older or more famous threads.

But if you’re so kind to show me what is the most famous post about alchemist you know i can add my contribution to it so it pop on 1st place again and make my part on making this game better for everyone.

cheers.

1 Like

I know, we all know…

We all love alchemist and we all want it to be better, but it is just a side effect of the constant thread making of the forum…

https://forum.treeofsavior.com/search?q=Alchemist%20%23suggestions%3Agame%20order%3Alatest

They could, but would they with all the work they have?_?

Did you do the search?_?

They all are equally famous and the more popular ones are ether close or stopped been popular by the 100th thread…

We might love alchemist and all, but we aren’t that many…

the vocal alchemist are a species near extinction :pensive:

Maybe if we make a thread and put all suggestions ever posted in it, similar to what I did with homunculus…

but less lazy and with a TC that isn’t cursed like me xD

but first lets wait for this thread to gather all suggestions and discussions before making the ultimate Alchemist Suggestion thread :relieved:

1 Like

Promise i will do my best to gather all suggestions with their links into this forum as soon as i have some time, so the OP’s doesn’t feel robbed or something! to see if we can make the ultimate mega post to reach the IMC eyes :smiley:

1 Like

@DrRM is just tired of all Alchemist-related suggestion threads that pop up frequently without any meaningful feedback from you know who. I mean, well, we are all. :snake:

Never forget Alchemistic Missile.

Edit:
Seriously, I can’t tag him!

2 Likes

Am a ghost am always here even when am not :blush:

and that is true too…

@STAFF_Bob has the biggest chance of appearing right now and saying Hi would be enough…

IMC already stated that crafting classes aren’t likely to be adjusted to deal more damage or be more capable in combat, because they are for crafting.

Asking for some changes to Alchemist makes sense as the class hasn’t been adjusted in a long time, but do not expect for the class to suddenly become battle viable, as that is against IMC’s design philosophy for it. Also, as long as there are actual battle classes that are still in need of rework and balance adjustments (which there are still multiple), the priority to adjust non-battle classes to be more effective at it is only going to be even lower.

I apologize if this isn’t the news you want to hear, but I’m just the messenger.

2 Likes

In my opinion, it would be enough to change Dig and Combustion in a way that they actually work together.

1. Add an attribute to Dig that makes the items dug out impossible to loot when active
  2. Reduce the CD time of Combustion to match the CD time of Dig (or at least to around 20 seconds)

Then all you need is to level Dig to 5(since you can blow up max 5 items now, any further would be a waste of points), Combustion to 15 and max the enhancement attribute and see some nice damage every 14 seconds(max damage with monster gem and lvl 100 enhancement attribute would be 2190 * 1,6 * 5 =17520% every time you combust your 5 items).

That way Alchemist could provide the damage required to prevail as a Rank 6 Class even at Rank 10 content with investment&equipment.

1 Like