Tree of Savior Forum

[SUBMIT] A Guide to Good Building

IGN: ThePurpleKnight
Server: Klaipeda

This is just a series of charts to help newer players build good builds, it may not include all remotely viable builds but it probably gets most of them. If a link is purple it means I highly recommend it for those using that class, and if a link is Red it means I highly discourage it, it is not a good idea compared to other options.

Let’s start off with the easiest I guess

First up is Scout. To use the Scout build guide just follow these 3 rules. Never backtrack over Outlaw, you can start from where ever you want but I do very much advise not going both sides of Outlaw as it will force you to weapon swap between Dagger and Pistol. Second, do not pass over 2 red lines simular reason to the first rule, if you pass over 1 red line to get to Rogue, backtrack to get your other class. Lastly between BM and SR is a red line with a Sled Mount Box, this is because I believe that combo is only acceptable if you have a Sled Mount, as the Sled is the only mount that allows you to remount whenever you want. No HP or Stamina.

No Squire, it’s not a real class anymore, just make a low level alt for food buffs, you’re better off.

Next up is Archer, also very easy to figure out, to use the archer build you start from any of the left classes go to the middle class and then to any of the right classes. Most Archer builds come down to a utility class, a Falconer and a Damage class. There are a few exceptions but I don’t think you can go wrong if you just follow the chart.

Next up is Wizard. Wizard has 3 sets of classes, the Elemental classes, the Darkness classes and the Extra classes. My advice is to avoid Extra classes, it’s much better to just stick with 1 of the other two types but if you really feel like you must use a class from the extra group, you can basically apply them to any tree but here is a small guide for them.
Sage: Pair it with CC, Chronomancer, Cryomancer, Psychokino. Then from there follow the chart.
Chronomancer: Apply it to any class you want to reset the CD of, this class is just Pass + CC, it does have an iframe though.
Alchemist: Shop class/healer in Wizard, pair with whatever, it makes no difference.
Rune Caster: Has some nice skills but no particular synergy anymore, pair with anything.
Featherfoot: Poison Damage class, lost the 1 class that made it usuable, this is the 1 class I have no idea how to advise you about, except maybe: Don’t pick it!

Okay this is where things get really difficult, we’ll start with Cleric since it has less rules to using the chart.
For the Cleric tree there are more builds than I will tell you about, mainly focusing on magic damage or support. That’s not worth guiding IMO, it’s very basic and lacks real synergy, here is my guide to making a physical/hybrid Cleric that is (Mostly) self sufficient. So for this one just follow 1 rule, Always have a red class, Krivis does not count.

Lastly we come to Swordsman the strongest class in the game, and by far the most complicated, let’s show it first, then we will try to explain it.

Okay so how to use this one…

1. Start at your choice of Peltasta, Templar or Doppel from either side of the tree (Spear or Other)
  2. Do not backtrack over Templar, or Doppel. Back-tracking over Peltasta is fine.
  3. Bottom Reti is only for those who start at Templar.
  4. I can’t see any but I may have made a mistake, please tell me if you find one.
  5. No the Doppel in the Spear build is not a mistake, it is a farming build, this is the the skill points

Same goes for the Hackapell and Fencer combos that Doppel leads to.
    And no I don’t actually advise, Nak Muai, Hoplite or Barbarian, but they’re in the right place if someone actually wants to use them regardless of advice.

When you’ve made a build you can of course arrange it in any order to make it feel better to play.

This guide is based off of the synergies available between classes to help make a build that works with itself as opposed to picking 3 high DPS classes and trying to play them individually all at once. Example being: Elementalist, Shadowmancer, Sage… Don’t do that.

5 Likes

Super coooooooooooool

Based on the Swordsman chart, you can’t build a two-handed spear unmounted.
You either use a one handed spear with pelta/reti/murm, or use two-handed with lancer.
My advice is to put a dragoon link in the right side, linking with Highlander and Barbarian, and a link for hoplite after dragoon.
This would go well, as you can use the possible “dragoon-highlander-hackapell”, you just need to play with auto-swap.

Nice vision of current building process, i like it. It’s not perfect ofc, but really awesome(sometimes).
Some of your opinions must be punished to death btw:

You didn’t even mentioned the main sp gainer of current patch…are you real??? Healer lol, nice joke, made my day thank you.
Try to make it real lol.

Wow.

I am scout and what is this.

Darka said it all already but, dude, the only class tree you somewhat explored was the Wizard class.

Why did you made this? Guess those free boxes look nice, uh?

I read only the wiz part and man, you’re so wrong, I will not give you an elaborate answer but just gonna say that RC has some synergy with other classes and chrono isn’t only a pass+cc class, I think that saying “avoid chrono” was too much. Your idea may be good but it’s poorly executed.

+1 saw the first image and thought… uhh.
Saw the cleric tree and thought by god please no. Let’s take for example a closed circle in the cleric tree with Zealot Priest and PD. I imagine if someone takes these pics for granted then they will think 3 connected classes with the same colored connection line is good.
But Zealot and PD cancle each other out. Priest buffs defense which Zealot well reduces or auto attacks you don’t have. It’s like 2 support circles and a completely not related useless physical damage circle.
-> No.

1 Like

That is actually a very good point, something I neglected originally and will change very soon. Alchemist although lacking in actually synergy has a lot of unexpected value due to the fact that SP recovery has been so ■■■■ on.

Now I believe IMC will HAVE to fix this and when they do Alchemist value will go down, however as it is, Alchemist actually ends up being quite a bit better than I initially thought.

Templar - Dragoon - Hoplite

It’s not the best.

However as good as Highlander may be for such a build and I maybe I ought to add a link to it, it’s trying too hard to meet a specific aesthetic rather than going for value.

Why would you want to be unmounted? Lancer is insanely strong, I accept that Templar Dragoon Highlander is not a bad build, it’s just not good enough to compete with Lancer. The only reason to do it is aesthetics.

Quick question: have you ever actually played cleric? Why does your “graph” only suggest utterly sub-par cleric builds, and ignore the actual good builds, which according to you are “basic and lack real synergy”?

Even Miko/Druid/Dirby, with all those purple lines, while working together as a good support build in theory, is a laughable support choice compared to the utility and healing of Priest/Oracle/Plague?

Suggesting a unmounted build and not even mentioning Barb?

1. Frenzy and Warcry are big dps boosts
  2. Pouncing and Seism are really good damage
  3. Cleave boosts not only Pouncing and Seism, but also Dragon Soar
  4. The entire class has no restriction with weapons, so even if it may look silly, 2H spear barb works.

Also, forget about templar, not everyone is a pvp player.

One more thing: You link Fencer with Matador, but why dont you link them with Hoplite?

Can just use any pets for SR and BM route. Pets don’t die easily before Re:build, anyways.

P.S. you know it’s a meme post when the pictures linked are named “trash.png”

Pets die extremely easily, still, they’re not Saalus bosses here.

Also that name is because of how I was uploading it.

I didn’t think the file name would show so my originally did was made the charts then used Puush to screenshot them. Then after having all 5 I came to the forums, but I thought I’d have to upload them from my computer so I did, I have a file in my computer trash.jpg and trash.png and whenever I save something to my computer that I don’t actually want saved I use that. Save it as trash and then overwrite it, I did the same thing for these first 3 and then realize… I don’t even need to do that, I can get it from the internet IMCs forum creating skills are not as awful as I assumed they would be.

That said, it’s absolutely ■■■■■■■ ridiculous that they would put the name of the file on display like that.

@Zeucleio Swordsman is a melee class tree with absolutely no self healing. I would never ever ever refer to a squishy melee tank with no self healing as good. If Barbarian still had Wild Nature, I would actually make it a third starting point for a more damage focused Good Build, but as it is, with no Wild Nature, gone the only healing Swordsman had. It’s absolutely not worth it. You want to play a good tank build, you need tanking skills because the class doesn’t do it on it’s own if you pick Barbarian Dragoon Hoplite with a two-hand spear why even play Swordsman, just play Scout, it’ll survive longer.

@AlmightyDarka Templar has a shield and % reductions which are extremely valuable as a Tank/Fighter. It’s kind of a trap due to it’s steed mechanic. If you don’t properly make use of it, it’s as you said pretty useless, that’s it’s biggest downside, is that it requires a greater intelligence and effort to use, it’s actually fairly tedious and should be changed.

That said Flying Colors can reduce damage by 30% (In PvP) and it has an attack that ignores 50% of armor, 1 point in it and it’s a good damage skill for PvP.

Now for PvE it’s not as good as Pelt, but it’s fairly good, 50-64% crit, and a % damage increase (Essentially Deeds of Valor but less, in return no negative effect)

Then ofc you have it’s mobility which can be tedious but it’s effective, works in PvP and PvE. I think choosing Barbarian over Templar for a Doppel is a mistake, I know about the synergies, but Templar offers more of what matters most for a Fighter/Tank.

For you, any swordie absolutely must be a tank, but you forgot they can be just Dps. You see, that kind of close minded mentality is what makes people not take you seriously. Btw, I think you forgot potions exist if you needed to rely on wild nature that much to heal as a swordie.

Its funny to see you criticizing a non-optimal playstyle (2H spear unmounted dps), when yourself try to play one… (tank cleric)

I hate to be disrespectful, but this has to be a joke right? I dont even play doppel yet I know that barb is one of the better choices for it, and that doppel is not a tank.

It can work as not a tank sure, anything can work as anything, but why would you pick a class that excels at something and then not build into that. Nobody picks Cleric and then goes 5 Fade 5 Smite and 5 Cure.

My character is more of a fighter now and I think there it a lot of support for it, and I chose two of the best for the class I use Paladin Inquisitor PD. But if you’re referring to Druid as the tank, that was the optimal way to play Druid and people were slowly realizing it by fighting me. People were being advised to go Druid 3 Exorcist 2 and those that did kept just abandoning their whole reason for being Druid 3 in Gem Feud, it wasn’t worth giving up the 40% defense and 75% hp boost. I had to several times stop killing some one to answer their question about why I was winning or where I got my transform from.

As for HP potions they’ve been nerfed. HP/SP Recovery values are in the dumps and it has caused the potions to be ■■■■. You can still use % healing ones but even they only do like 45% (40 from potion, 5 from your shitty regen) and it’s insanely expensive. If you want to tank players or the big PvEs like World Boss and Velcoffer, you need a healer or you need those premium potions.