Tree of Savior Forum

STR or INT ? AA wizz

Helo :slight_smile:
I dont understand STR stats for male wizz… when i eq sword on my wizz my atack stay the same as eq wand or staff (magic shots). SO i think str
dont afect autoatack… its only usefull with toy hamer.
wizz >pyro>link>thau>chrono c3
so i ask its beter put str or int ?

1 Like

wiz is con or int
anything else and u waste stats, go reset

Wiz auto attack is based off magic attack unless you have a staff or a offhand dagger and used the secondary attack function. But yea int is way more useful then str. Wizs tend to lean heavily towards con in ToS though.

Ok but whatu can say about it :
http://www.tosbase.com/tools/skill-simulator/build/rvoo34k39l/
I just want to make somethink similar and sont rly know what stats are good

well that’s the thing.

that build is -very- unusual, and tries to play around with a lot of fringe mechanics.

your magical attacks will be terribly underpowered,
the build -thinks- it switches to melee attacks somewhere during rank 4, but wizards do magic attacks regardless of what weapon they’re using.

essentially, all that strength is completely wasted.

(edited after @nizidr 's comments).

Build is a mess and wont work the way you think it will.

Mainly because wizard autoattack with ANY weapon is a ranged single target magic projectile based off magic attack. Even with sword.

Thats not quite right. Alternative attack on staff is physical, stab with dagger as well.

oops, yea, there’s that too. but your primary attack will always be a magic bolt.

Just a heads up for you: Your auto attack in late game would take a long time to kill mobs with 100k+ HP. On the bright side, with Chrono3 Linker1, you’ll be wanted in any late game grinding party. :slight_smile:

As far as i know, the only use of STR in a wizard build is Full STR Linker 3. It is a support build which gives your STR to your teammates with the skill Lifeline, then your teammates can focus on dex or con. It’s obviously a team build, don’t do it alone.

Others explained it correctly, any weapon will still have magic based basic attacks with Wizard.

I don’t know a good Wizard AA build for lategame, just forget it or be doomed. D:

(but if you still want to do your wizz >pyro>link>thau>chrono c3, int will improve your damage)

Toy hammer’s exlosion scales with str though, like you said, not sure it’s worth building a char on this only.

hmmmm… lol. imagine 4 characters making a static party for this
the swordie is pure Str.
the mage is pure Int.
the archer is pure Dex.
the cleric is pure Con.

it would probably be really painful to level -before- linker 3… but once you hit that level, suddenly…

“With our powers combined… we form… Captain UNHOLYTANKMONSTEROMGRUN”

…well, for 50% of the time, anyway.

i guess add a 2nd Linker 3 as the 5th man ?
…in that case, i guess the cleric might be pure Spr, and the new linker would be the pure Con.

BEHOLD! MAXIMUM EVERYTHING POWER!

Gogo Lifeline rangers !

lmfao… i didn’t even realize i was making a classic “5 man band” xD